Did you come from money?

Is this post actionable? If not, should moderator shut it down?

Not sure how it helps the average Disney fan.

No base housing option? My wife is an Air Force brat and she grew up in base housing. And it allowed her dad to save for 20+ years for a house. He retired and moved to a small town in Texas where the cost of living is low. Even today, the 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1,500 square foot house he bought is only worth $110,000 according to Zillow.
My daughter's payment with insurance and taxes is just under $1,000 a month. She bought half a duplex in a neighborhood with dozens of identical duplexes that rent for $2,000 a month. She qualified for a 5% down mortgage so her down payment was $12,500 so basically after the first year in the house she was money ahead owning instead of renting. But rents are nuts here.

Bases are toxic. I would never live on one. They also take 100% of your BAH. I'd rather keep the extra for utilities and rent under BAH.

We were always comfortable, but it would be inaccurate to say we “came from money.” My grandfather started a business that eventually became very successful about the time I was a small child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter