Did you ever take a WDW vacation that was too long?

Our trips are normally over 3 weeks. They have been predominately on-site at Disney with the balance of days on-site at Universal.
Our initial trip we had 2 days at USF. We now aim for the first 14 days at Disney and the final week at Universal :)

I don't think you could ever have too long a trip at Disney :)

We've gone for 10 days (longer if you include travel days) and I would have happily stayed longer. I'm not sure there is such a thing as too long of a Disney vacation for me. I'm always surprised when I hear people say they are done at 5, 6, 7 days, etc. I can't really see myself ever hitting a number that would be too much.

We started out doing split trips with Disney and US - which meant 4 days at Disney and 2 at US. Then we got up to 6 days at Disney. In Sept of 2014, we had 7 day waterparks and more tickets. And had MNSSHP tickets - so 8 Disney days of the regular parks. (And one day at Legoland). It was 13 nights. And it was great! In fact, if we could have figured out a way, we would have stayed for one more night so we could go back to one of the waterparks. It's going to be hard to go back to less days. It was just an entirely different feeling as we knew we had plenty of time to do what we wanted.

it depends.

we did 10 or 11 days at the poly in dec 2010, but it was very cold for most of our trip. it was too cold to stay in the parks as long as we would have liked, so we often had to cut our day short, and then we ended up stuck in the room most of the evening because we were so tired of being out in the freezing cold and just couldn't deal with being outside anymore. there was just only so much time we could kill at the main building and other monorail resorts in the evenings for ten solid days. that trip felt too long and i was eager to go home by the end.

we did another trip in aug 2013 where we were there for 12 or 13 days and it was amazing. we stayed at BC CL for 8 days and during that time we did most of what we wanted to do in the parks. then, we had 4 more nights at GF CL where we spent a LOT of time being lazy at the resort, spent tons of time at the lounge and shopping and listening to the music. we also had very spacious accommodations for that leg of the trip so that also made a difference, i'm sure. we did parks every day but just for a "visit" basically. probably from rope drop until maybe 1 or 2 pm at the latest. anyway, that trip could have gone on forever, as far as we were concerned, it definitely did not feel too long.

We are trying to decide what kind of vacation we want to plan. We went to WDW in 2013 for 6 days, and while it was a lot of fun, we didn't get to do much. That was mainly because we vacationed with my senior parents, and even though we had a lot of fun, they did slow us down on touring. This time we are going to plan on just our family of 4. We were thinking about 2 weeks, but we have never gone on a vacation for that long. Is that too long?

We come from the Northwest so our WDW trip was 2 weeks and it was not too long at all. We did US/IoA and Cape Canaveral as well and we could have stayed longer if we could have.

I wouldn't hesitate to go for 2 weeks......Have a great trip!

I personally couldn't handle two weeks at WDW. Maybe in Florida in general, but not 14 park days.
We wouldn't do 14 park days either. In a 2-week trip, we typically do 5 park days. If we had APs, we would do more partial days but still wouldn't do every single day in a park. We enjoy exploring the area. There are both onsite and offsite things that we like to do while we're there - renting boats, visiting the resorts, going to Disney Springs, visiting friends, etc. We would both love to move to the area at some point but have no timeline yet. Maybe in a few years when our daughter is out of college and hopefully on her own.

This past June we went to WDW for a week, Monday to Monday, and had 5 park days. We normally do long weekends and spend 2 or 3 days in the parks. 3 days is the perfect length for us, 5 is too long. We have been many times, over 100 in my case when you count the day trips while I was living in FL, and now we would rather spend 3 or 4 days in other parts of FL and 2 or 3 in the parks. Spending a week in FL with all of it at WDW is no longer our idea of a vacation and this past June reinforced that.

We recently did 10 nights and by day 8 I could have gone home and been pleased.

We've done 7-8 day trips twice. They included 1-2 days before and after WDW visiting family. The parks were perfect time wise but that much time away from home got to me too much.

One trip was 6 nights. It was our best trip. I would have loved one more day but I felt like we had an awesome time. Granted arrival day was 9 am and departure day was 7 pm.

We've only done 5-7 nights. Usually 6. There was at least one 7 night trip that the girls were homesick/missing pets by the 5th or 6th day. We'll probably never do anything longer. For one thing, DH is self employed, so no vacation pay. Of course the pets to worry about and miss, and the house and the yard mowing. I would have a hard time being away from work for that long- there would be a lot to catch up on and people would have to try to take care of other things that are just easier for me to do myself.

If those things weren't an issue, maybe I would go up to 10 days but I'm not sure about 14, for us.

I can't imagine doing much more than the 5 nights we have coming up. For one, I have horses and dogs at home that someone else has to take care of, and it's no small job (not to mention feed/food has to be bought almost weekly). But also, I think I would get a little tired of it after too many days/nights.
My theory is to always leave or stop doing something when you wish you could stay or do it longer. That leaves a great feeling about the experience. I never want to be "glad to be home" from my vacation.

Us too...30 horses and lots of work at home. But we are lucky to have great employees whom i trust to take care of everything while im gone.

Oh and i have only had 1 trip that was too long. 8 days on my honeymoon with my ex. He was a miserable turd the whole time and i couldn't wait to get home.

8 days is our standard trip length but I would love to do 10... after that I think Id be ready to go. Last trip we finally took time to enjoy things outside the parks & it made our trip even more enjoyable.

We were 10 days and It Was a bit long for me because i am sick and use a cane to walk (back and right leg problems). We took 1 day at Typhoon lagoon It Was fun! We spend 8 Hours a day In parks, too intense!

We saw and made all We wanted In two trips. If We return It Will Be after all the construction.

I feel if you take a break day(s) from the parks you can stay a while. We were there 11 days in september and by the end I needed a break. Next time I'd make sure to plan a full day off in the middle. I loved our half day's in the parks with pool time in the afternoon.

no idea .. I've always done "Short" trips ... either 1-2 days (when I was younger with my parents) and 4-5 night trips when I was and adult. I just went on two 4 night trips over the past year with my toddler. two park days and one day off during each trip. And while there was still much to be done, it was a good length for my son. He was ready to go after two long days in the parks with short naps.

While I probably could afford it .. just looking at that price tag for a 10+ day trip staggers my mind! I have never been a "one big vacation" type of guy .. and a lot of my vacations have to be visiting family far away. I do have a future BIG Disney trip in mind for my family, my parents and my sister's family. Just HOW long is the question. :)

We are currently on day 15 of a 37 day stay in Florida. But we also leave tomorrow morning to go to Grandma's (near Tampa) for Thanksgiving, coming back to Disney on Friday. We do NOT stay on Disney property...we're renting a house that is 11 minutes from driveway to parked at the TTC. We're paying $57.45 (total price, including tax, damage waiver) per night for this 3 bedroom house, with (free) laundry, a full kitchen, a pool, a computer/printer/internet, etc.

I know many people can't imagine staying off site, but it works for us.....we fly in, shop and relax that evening, then spend the morning the next day doing some cooking and freezing meals. We have a handful of table service reservations spread out over our time....we generally do breakfast at the house (except Boma breakfast twice, lol), we typically do either savory snacks or share counter service lunches and if we don't have an ADR we go home and heat up some of those meals we made.

We have tried to commando style and simply don't enjoy it....we prefer a more leisurely pace and we tend to go for 6-8 hours a day. When we first starting coming here we were doing the 2 weeks and finding we went home exhausted and feeling like all we did was rush. We stayed on site for "free dining" back when it was reasonably priced (7 or 8 years ago). But then we started wanting to stay longer, and realized that by staying off site we could afford to stay twice as long....and still eat at few TS. We liked that much better.....because eating a big huge meal every evening was actually unpleasant to us, lol. We don't do soda at home, but save it as a "special occasion" when we go out to eat......we don't eat desserts at home unless it's someones birthday or something.....so free dining with the big (and long) meals and soda and dessert, just isn't us.

Our longest stay was 48 days.....with a week at Grandmas. Our shortest since we started staying off site was an even 30 days (no Grandma side trip).

We KNOW we are lucky to be able to do these trips AND do them in the "low crowd" time....I homeschool the kids so we don't have to worry about school schedules, hubby travels for work so doesn't mind that we're gone because he often is too....he doesn't particularly like Disney, so he has joined us for a few days twice in the last decade. We hate the heat (in fact we were not happy to arrive 2 weeks ago to high 80's low 90 degree weather.....but much happier this week with the 70's weather (though I'm happy the rain stopped!)

Everyone has their own style....this works for us....I hope everyone can find what works best for them.

We did an 11 day trip once that felt long but that was probably because it was split, 9 days at BW, thelast 2 at POFQ. In the cab going from BW to POFQ we both said that if we were going to MCO that minute we'd be fine with it. We enjoyed the last 2 but didn't need it. Since then 8 or 9 has been the rule, plenty of time, 2 cycles around all 4 parks and at Food & Wine we see at least 4 Eat to the Beat acts. Next year we've got our BW room for 10, hope to see 5 acts.

Bill From PA

a fascinating thread.... We started with 5 days then 6 then a few trips of 7 and 8 days. We did one 10 day trip on site. We liked having the extra time for the parks and to relax but it was a long time to be living out of a hotel room. We splurged once on a 7 day trip in a one bedroom suite at the BWV. We enjoyed having the extra space, kitchen, and in suite washer/dryer. After a few more 7 day trips to the BWI we switched to an off site villa for trips of 10 to 13 days. We enjoy the more leisurely pace of longer trips with the conveniences of a house. But as this thread has shown, everyone is different. I can definitely say that we have yet to have a trip that was "too long".

A 7 day trip with a 1 and 3 year old was about 2 days too long.

We typically arrive Saturday and leave Friday. I couldn't imagine going 15 days like some of you. Towards the end of my 6 day trips the crowds start to annoy me and I want to go back to NYC where there aren't so many people all crowded together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter