Did you get what you wanted?

I got my second choice which was POP. Still hoping we get CBR, but if not I am totally fine with POP! We really enjoyed our stay there last September.

I thought everyone was crazy for getting so hyped up. We booked quite late in the promotion last year - maybe 65 days before our trip and the only impact was that the Finding Nemo Suites were gone. This year I hoping to snag one so I looked at 6:00am and they only had Cars Suites. I feel lucky to have gotten one. I do suspect other suites will open up in summer, only time will tell.

We are 3 Adults and 3 kids in a suite, plus a 2 year old so the savings is huge for us.

We had wanted a standard CBR room. I woke up at 4:30 last Monday and couldn't find anything at CBR, but was able to get a Royal Room at POR. I keep checking availability and occasionally see Pirate rooms at CBR for the same price, but I have no interest in a thin double bed. I currently have a Standard view room at Coronado Springs in my cart, for $500 cheaper our current POR rate. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! So tempting to switch over, but I'm scared we will disappointed compared to what we could have had at POR.

Thanks to people updating this thread and telling me about new availability I managed to get what I wanted.
We originally moved our reservation from Caribbean to all star music to get free dining the day it came out. I just checked now and managed to switch us back to Caribbean still with free dining. I'm so much more excited now since this is a once in a life time trip for us (coming from New Zealand) and I wanted to stay some where a little nicer. Because we were paying to upgrade the quick service plan the hotel upgrade only cost us $400 extra (over 9 nights).

Guess we are the oddballs who actually WANTED CSR-had no trouble at all booking a standard room there 9/2-9/10, checked yesterday and still many room categories available.

Would love to stay at the Poly but I cannot bring myself to pay double what I'm paying at CSR, so back home to CSR we go.

Yep, but not until Saturday morning. Started checking at 5:00 am on the first day and kept obsessively checking and settling all week finally I got CSR standard for my entire stay! So happy and can't wait for November. For those that didn't get what they wanted, keep checking. Every morning there were rooms showing up.

For some unknown reason free dinning made someone drop the 1br and 2br condos that I wanted at a military discount at ssr. The discount military wise is better than free dinning but I'm not about to argue with whoever made the switch! Totally got what I wanted

We were able to get two rooms at CSR with free dining. Has anyone been able to get our first choice which was POR? If yo did what dates, still hoping!

We were able to get two rooms at CSR with free dining. Has anyone been able to get our first choice which was POR? If yo did what dates, still hoping!

We got POR the first day the promotion came out, and when I booked all room types were available, except for standard. We are going 9/2-9/11.

Been hoping to get switched to CSR from All star Sports.

Hoping more rooms will get opened up.

No, we didn't get what we wanted, but at least we got a trip to WDW.::yes::

Some of our disappointments:
1. FD wasn't offered for Jersey week, which it always has been, and we have always gone for FD that week.
2. Had to change our vacation week to the busier week of Thanksgiving so we could get FD.
3. Kids now have to miss 3 days of school.
4. Had to cut our vacation by 2-3 days and change dates from our original plan since there was almost no resort availability.
5. Only ASSp was available, probably my last choice; would have loved a moderate, but the only rooms left were too expensive.
6. Airfare may be harder to snag and more expensive due to the only time and days we could get for FD.

Believe me I have tried every possible scenario, different check in and check out days, different weeks, different discounts...the deal I got was the only one that works for our family so we are ok with it. And...it's our youngest's first WDW trip so we are all excited for that.:banana:
Is Free Dining seriously worth all these disappointments?

We originally were booked on bounceback at CBR. We decided if CSR was available, we would switch, I really like their cafeteria....CSR was available, and we upgraded to DxDP for September 1-15, 14 nights.

I didn't see the FD until around 10 am and it was all too expensive. I kept checking and one morning after work 4 days later I got 6 nights at CBR. Next morning searched again and was able to add on a 7th night! So so excited and dh was too after I showed him bc he likes expensive food and I'm a mostly cheapskate. Win, win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter