• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did you receive your Tax Refund yet?

Well, if I don't see it within two weeks I'll have to call the IRS and find out what's going on. I tried to track it via the IRS website but there's no information on it.

Submitted them with OLT before they were being accepted. They sent them the day it opened. Federal was accepted right away and I had my refund within a week. State took about 5 days to be accepted and then I had that refund a week later.

You always see news stories around this time of scammers filing in other people's names and getting a refund. They always recommend filing early.

This is why I file quickly each year. I don't need the headache of identity theft. Scammers recently filed for unemployment in DH's name in two different states. You can be sure that I filed our taxes the moment I received the last needed scrap of paper so that we could beat others to it! We owed less than $150 to federal, so it was no problem writing that check. And we got a nice state refund which was direct deposited about a month later.

I filed Sunday, bank notified me Wednesday there was a pending government payment, received both state and federal on Friday.

Haven’t filed since I was on unemployment last year a bit so I wanted to wait until the tax forgiveness on the first 10,200 was passed until I filed so I wouldn’t have to deal with filing an amended return.

Okay, I'm faced with an interesting dilemma here. I got my federal refund today, but I claimed my 2nd stimulus payment through my refund via the Recovery Rebate and it wasn't included in the deposit.

For anyone else who claimed their stimulus via their tax return, was it deposited together with your tax refund, or was it separate?

Okay, I'm faced with an interesting dilemma here. I got my federal refund today, but I claimed my 2nd stimulus payment through my refund via the Recovery Rebate and it wasn't included in the deposit.

For anyone else who claimed their stimulus via their tax return, was it deposited together with your tax refund, or was it separate?

From what I've read it should have been sent together.

Yes, got refund from federal first, then state, and latest stimulus money is pending - should be in by Wednesday, I think.

Paperwork is together, getting dropped off at the CPA today. I have no idea how long it will take this year. I paper file (my CPA requires clients to opt out of electronic filing). Last year from mailing to refund in my account was 3 weeks to the day. I thought that was amazing given I paper filed and there was a pandemic

I would find a new CPA if they are still functioning like it is 1970.

I would find a new CPA if they are still functioning like it is 1970.
Not in a million years. He has been handling my taxes since 1977. He has helped me negotiate a lot of tax issues over the years. It isn't even an issue for any of his clients. You mean 1986 not 1970 I assume.

Last edited:
Filed DS's electronically using Free Fillable Forms on March 12 and his refund is pending today.

I have paid my taxes for the year as I usually do not get a refund and generally pay under $1,000 each year. They can wait for their money as opposed to me waiting on them.

Filed and accepted March 3 through H&R Block.

Still listed as processing in the Where’s My Refund Tool.

I am borderline livid. There is zero reason this should take so long. I have never waited more than two weeks. My husband’s was refunded within days.

Same here, completed and accepted 2/19 through turbo tax and nothing. I know it's taking a long time because my DH never received his stimulus payments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter