• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did you share a bed with your parents as a child?

:sad2: No for me
:sad2: No for my kids sleeping with us

In their bed, no. If we were sick my mom would sleep in the living room with us. Only bathroom was on first floor and opposite side of house from bedrooms. Since mom was a stay at home mom, it made since to sleep closer to bathroom and way from my dad who need to go to work the next day.

OK, I'll be the unicorn, LOL.

I slept between my parents in a double bed until I was 4, then moved to a small bed in their room until I was 7, as it was the only space with room for it. It was a small house and my teenaged brother and sister got the other tiny bedrooms. (Both my parents had been raised with 8 siblings in 3-room cottages that were less than 600 sq. ft. The boys slept in the attic & the girls in with their parents. Our 900+ sq. ft. house was huge by their lights.).

Dad got transferred when I was 7 & my brother joined the service, so I got my own room in the new house.

Occasionally after a nightmare or when I was sick, when I was really little. By the time I was around 4 or so, my parents would let me make up a bed on their floor. Outgrew that within a couple of years. I did share a bed with my mom or grandma once in a while when on a family trip or when there were a bunch of houseguests....and now that I think about it, on a trip a few years ago, I shared a bed with every other female at least one night. It was me, my dad, my cousin, her husband, their daughter, the daughter's best friend, and my best friend in a two-bedroom condo with two queens and a sleeper sofa. We all sort of rotated around so everyone got a good night's sleep now and then.

No. I don't remember ever going into my parent's room in the middle of the night. I do remember lying in my bed and yelling for them to come to me though.

My older son yelled for me. My younger son would get up and come in but it never took me long to walk him back to his bed. He liked to make the H between us, and I usually had his feet!

Our Mom was a single Mom and she had a HUGE King Size bed, but we were only allowed in it with her if we were sick or if we had company that needed to sleep in our beds.

Yep I remember my sister and I snuggling in with our parents as a kid or the times my dad worked nights and we did a movie in mom's bed and then slept.
I have 1 that only comes in bed with us if they are not feeling well and 2 that come for snuggles a few times a week.

Like others have said, only if I was sick. I shared a bed with my sister, so if I was afraid, I would just wake her. But, my parents would put sick kids in bed with them.

DH and I let our kids in the bed/bedroom if they were sick or scared. At some point, when they were fairly young, we put an "extra" loveseat sofa in our bedroom, and that became the place they would sleep rather than trying to share our bed. Before that, one parent would sleep with the sick kid in the master bed (with quick access to the on suite) and the other parent would crash in the sick kids' bed in their room. The only upstairs bathroom is the master suite (our guest bath is on the first level) so it just made sense to put anyone sick in that bedroom for the night.

I don't know if I would call it sharing a bed, but I did go in with my parents until I was about 8. I have suffered from night terrors most of my life and when I was young, I would crawl into their bed for comfort. We lived in a 2-story apartment when I was 6 or 7 and my room was on the 2nd floor, my parents and brothers were on the 3rd floor. My parents had night lights throughout the apartment so I wouldn't fall down the steps in the dark.

I did the same thing with my children. My poor son was about 2 1/2 and had a nightmare so he came into our room. Only problem was I was having a night terror. He spooked me so much I screamed and pushed my husband out of the bed into his closet. My poor son was crying hysterically, I was still disoriented, and my husband was so confused about what happened. I was banned from all Horror movies for life after that. I had watched something before going to bed that triggered my night terror. We can laugh now but my husband was bruised for several days. Thankfully my son calmed down and still came to us when he needed the comfort.

We never slept in our parent's bed. The only time I remember lying in their bed was somtimes on the weekend in the morning before they were ready to get up. My daughter hasn't slept in our bed either. I feel like once I start that, it'll be really hard to break and also not fair to her if I don't want it to be a consistent thing.

Never ever ever. Their bedroom was completely off limits to us. It was the only place that was truly their own in an 1100 square foot house, with 6 people and 1 bathroom.

The older siblings comforted the younger ones when necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter