Did your kid feel rocky after the cruise?

Maesa

Mouseketeer
Does your kids feel really rocky after the cruise? We are going on a 5 night cruise and I was just wondering how other kids feel.

We did a 3 night cruise and they were fine. I was really rocky.

We get back Friday and my daughter has a gymnastics competition that weekend. So I'm hoping Friday, she'll be able to walk it off after we get it off the cruise and rest up.

The last time my kids were 12 and 9 - neither had any ill effects from the cruise (Fantasy), but my 12 year old was a bit depressed having to leave the ship. There may have even been a few tears...

Rocky? No, my niece and nephew on our recent 5 night trip on the Magic were not happy about having to end the cruise (they're already clamoring to my brother about booking another one), but they didn't suffer any post cruise sickness. Unless your ship has a really rough seas, most people only feel some residual lingering "motion of the ocean" for a day or so, I think as resilient as kids are, the wouldn't be as affected as older folks would be post cruise. Most likely they'll just be sad they have to say goodbye to new friends and miss the fun they had on the ship.

I have twice experienced "land-sickness" after returning from a cruise....kind of "wonky" feeling with a bit of vertigo...but it cleared up after a couple of days. i have read other posts here where people have actually recommended continuing to take bonine/motion-sick meds for up to a week after returning.

My kids were fine when we were back on land, including the one that was seasick. DH and I on the other hand, had 'land sickness' for close to a week, despite being fine on the ship. Crazy to feel like you're moving when you're not.

DH had land sickness for about a month after our last cruise, which was weird to him b/c he doesn't get seasick and doesn't even bother with meds no matter how rocky the boat is. Things change as you get older, I guess. The kids, however, were fine on and off the ship. I remember thinking it was cool to feel like I was swaying when our cruise was over when I was a kid, actually!

Good luck to your daughter at her comp!

We all get "rocky". Ages 48,48, 15,11. It lasts a say or two. Funny thing is when we drive we don't feel it. So our drive back to PA we don't feel it. Its when we go to bed those first two nights at home is when we feel it. But we usually feel more depressed that the cruise is over more than the swaying.

My son has never had issues.

I have. None of us get seasick, but then I do once we’re off the ship.

In my family, some of us feel it afterward, but not all of us and not always. My children have felt it for a few days afterward on a few cruises. I had the worst experience when I felt it for a few weeks after a 7 night cruise. The length of cruise doesn't seem to matter much. My second worst experience was after a 4 night Dream cruise when I felt it for about a week. Surprisingly, after a 14 night Panama Canal cruise, I felt no motion at all.

My DD10 and I both feel it for a little after. Everyone once in a while one of us will say, "my ship's rocking". It was worse after our 4 day cruise than our 7 day cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter