Didn't take long for WDW to gouge, I mean, increase the resort parking fees

It is 10 dollars a day at MCO....if I tell Disney I am flying in and carry my own luggage I get the Magic Express ride anyway, right? I don't need the car when I am at WDW. :):):)
MCO is gouging now, too. Economy parking is $11!
I still consider the fact that there ARE parking fees to be gouging, considering one of the major perks to Disney hotels used to be that they didn't nickel and dime despite costing more
They learned from the airlines.
I think, you can park at Disney Springs to get around the parking fee. I meant, the park parking fee, not the resort fee.
No, Disney Springs parking is for Disney Springs visitors.

Just be a Pixie Dust Warrior.

In this world everything is great, and Disney can do no wrong. You’ll feel much happier.

Annual passes going up? Thanks Disney, I’m so pleased you are thinking about us and crowd control ( that requires a double dose of the Warrior mentality as you’ve also got to ignore the SWGE preview for high tier pass holders only, announced hours before, to try and sell lots of those now incredibly expensive passes).

Parking? Nothing to do with nickel and diming and screwing as much cash as possible out of guests and trying to keep them on property and spend even more- it’s to get those nasty cars off the road, clogging up WDW and creating pollution. Thanks Disney!

They’ve just closed Top of the World Lounge to DVC members on 4 July and 31 December - unless you are prepared to spend $450 for a family of 4. Even if you are stopping in Bay Lake and spent tens of thousands on DVC. Is this a money grab? No! In Warrior world, it is good they are doing this, as it means the Lounge makes money and Disney is more likely to keep it open! Despite no indication it might close, but that’s beside the point.

I could go on, but hopefully you have got the idea and can switch to the Pixie Dust Warrior mindset ASAP.

Just saw that the resort parking rates are increasing:( Also; DVC AP's going up roughly 18%.
  • For reservations made before June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2019 or 2020:

• For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:

I’m going to assume they chose such odd numbers to roll it out with so they had room to go up to those “nice even numbers”

Everyone complaining about this should realize that they could easily choose to NOT spend time at a Disney resort-right?

They are doing it because they can and will continue to do it until it prices people out.

No one is entitled to a Disney Vacation.

Going to be honest, I agree with this. I have (along with many others) worked extremely hard to be able to comfortably afford DW vacations. The cost to what you get ratio honestly is pretty good, I never leave feeling like I’ve just been gouged because everything I get for my money (for the most part) is worth the money spent. It separates me from the real world and for that alone it’s worth the price tag.

It's always so bizarre to me when people defend Disney against the "entitled" complainers.

Disney is a multi-billion dollar corporation, they do not need anyone to defend them against people who just want to vent.
Often, it seems the complainers have forgotten that Disney is a multi-billion dollar corporation. Great thing about the DIS - every member is allowed to post anything that doesn't violate forum guidelines.

I haven't been back to WDW since 2012. Before that I was a regular attender since 1978. At least every other year but at one point it was almost monthly. Perk of growing up in Central Florida. In 2012 I realized that I had Disney fatigue and that trip was just meh. It didn't help that they were messing with the fast passes preparing for fast pass plus so the lines were awful even with fast pass.

I remember park admission being pretty reasonable but the hotels were not as much. I managed to pay for my mom and me to go one day with two weeks of babysitting money. (I wanted to go, she didn't. Thought making me pay would change my mind.)

That said, I finally started feeling the itch to take a family trip and priced one and Oh My! It costs the more for our now family of three to go than it did for our family of five ten years ago. (Same resort, downgraded view) Lost the itch right then and there. That is without adding parking. Off-site is looking better and better.

Disney can do what it wants to do and some people will continue to go. While I CAN afford to go, I don't know that I WANT to afford it. There are other just as amazing vacations out there.

All that said, I am going next month. A girls trip and my friend has DVC so I will get to scratch the itch to last for a little while longer without having to pay a small fortune.

I haven't been back to WDW since 2012. Before that I was a regular attender since 1978. At least every other year but at one point it was almost monthly. Perk of growing up in Central Florida. In 2012 I realized that I had Disney fatigue and that trip was just meh. It didn't help that they were messing with the fast passes preparing for fast pass plus so the lines were awful even with fast pass.

I remember park admission being pretty reasonable but the hotels were not as much. I managed to pay for my mom and me to go one day with two weeks of babysitting money. (I wanted to go, she didn't. Thought making me pay would change my mind.)

That said, I finally started feeling the itch to take a family trip and priced one and Oh My! It costs the more for our now family of three to go than it did for our family of five ten years ago. (Same resort, downgraded view) Lost the itch right then and there. That is without adding parking. Off-site is looking better and better.

Disney can do what it wants to do and some people will continue to go. While I CAN afford to go, I don't know that I WANT to afford it. There are other just as amazing vacations out there.

All that said, I am going next month. A girls trip and my friend has DVC so I will get to scratch the itch to last for a little while longer without having to pay a small fortune.

This is probably the mindset Disney is going for as to alleviate the crowds and overcrowding while still maintaining the same bottom line. They would prefer to further distinguish themselves as a vacation destination rather than a local amusement park.

Going to be honest, I agree with this. I have (along with many others) worked extremely hard to be able to comfortably afford DW vacations. The cost to what you get ratio honestly is pretty good, I never leave feeling like I’ve just been gouged because everything I get for my money (for the most part) is worth the money spent. It separates me from the real world and for that alone it’s worth the price tag.

Lol. I also work extremely hard and make a good living. That doesn’t mean that I can’t complain about what I’m getting for my money when it’s increasing rapidly each year well past inflation.

You are welcome to think everything is worth every penny at WDW. That doesn’t make you right and others wrong. Value is subjective.

Can't say I think the $1 increase is anything to get worried about....but in terms of price increases, their rises are starting to make me think how much is too much.

We went in 2018, booked summer of '17.
- 7 nts - POR - Garden view when booked (later upgraded to Princess room for virtually same price as the Garden package)
- 6 day tickets for family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children - base tickets, no hopper
- Memory Maker

Priced the same exact package last night for a 2020 trip....19% increase!

I get taking increases, but 19% over a 2 year booking period, man, that is hitting it hard. But....if people keep showing up and paying the price, I guess they have no incentive to not get it.

Lol. I also work extremely hard and make a good living. That doesn’t mean that I can’t complain about what I’m getting for my money when it’s increasing rapidly each year well past inflation.

You are welcome to think everything is worth every penny at WDW. That doesn’t make you right and others wrong. Value is subjective.

I think it was pretty clear I was doing nothing more than giving my opinion, I don’t know why you’re trying to make it argumentative. You can say whatever you want about it and to a degree I don’t disagree, it’s just that I truly think the money spent is worth it and I’m willing to pay a little more to make it feel a little less hectic. Your opinion is more than welcome to differ.

Can't say I think the $1 increase is anything to get worried about....but in terms of price increases, their rises are starting to make me think how much is too much.

We went in 2018, booked summer of '17.
- 7 nts - POR - Garden view when booked (later upgraded to Princess room for virtually same price as the Garden package)
- 6 day tickets for family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children - base tickets, no hopper
- Memory Maker

Priced the same exact package last night for a 2020 trip....19% increase!

I get taking increases, but 19% over a 2 year booking period, man, that is hitting it hard. But....if people keep showing up and paying the price, I guess they have no incentive to not get it.

Just wondering out loud...did you pay "rack" rate for that 2018 trip, do you remember? The trip you are pricing now is without a discount so that could be a factor. I've never not been able to book with a discount of some sort so I'm a little curious. Which leads me to speculate that if the prices are indeed about a 20% increase overall in 2 years if that means that we will still see discounted rooms now and then even when SWGE opens?

This is just the latest in a long line of increases within the year. It's the % that WDW raises that bothers me, lets not forget the snack food increases not to long ago and also they just raised the prices on their re-usable shopping bags as well. Plus the fact that they cut staff, park hours etc.
Shopping bags:
Sm $1 > $2 100%
M $1.50 > $2.50 67%
L $2 > $3 50%

But, since it's only a couple of bucks here or there, I guess it's okay.

This is just the latest in a long line of increases within the year. It's the % that WDW raises that bothers me, lets not forget the snack food increases not to long ago and also they just raised the prices on their re-usable shopping bags as well. Plus the fact that they cut staff, park hours etc.
Shopping bags:
Sm $1 > $2 100%
M $1.50 > $2.50 67%
L $2 > $3 50%
But the resusable shopping bags are because they are oh so concerned about the environment! Not as another way to nickel and dime their customers! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter