Difference between Profile Post and Private Message

lordog

<font color=red>"Earning My Ears"? I was born with
Hello,

I’ve been around here for a while but never knew there was a difference between the two. I just got reprimanded for reaching someone via a profile post, rather than private message I guess? Some of us don’t know the difference. I simply clicked on the persons profile name and started a conversation. What is the difference and more importantly, WHY is there a difference?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I’ve been around here for a while but never knew there was a difference between the two. I just got reprimanded for reaching someone via a profile post, rather than private message I guess? Some of us don’t know the difference. I simply clicked on the persons profile name and started a conversation. What is the difference and more importantly, WHY is there a difference?

Thanks in advance
Profile posts are visible to everyone. Conversations are private.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I’m still a little confused because that description sounds like just a normal post and not a profile post . When you click on a particular users name and begin typing, I guess I don’t understand how it’s visible to everyone. You selected a particular recipient.

Thank you for your reply. I guess I’m still a little confused because that description sounds like just a normal post and not a profile post . When you click on a particular users name and begin typing, I guess I don’t understand how it’s visible to everyone. You selected a particular recipient.
When I click on your avatar/username I get a page that has 4 tabs on it: Profile Posts/Recent Activity/Postings/Information

Clicking on "Profile Posts" allows me to post a message directly to you, but visible to others as well. I think it's like posting on a wall on FB?

A "normal" post would be one you do on a thread, like you've done here.

Got it. That makes sense now. Thank you so much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter