Different QS options

avic77

Fish out of water
I am looking for some different (beyond the Nuggets and burgers) QS options. I have a BOG breakfast and lunch. We will also visit AK and Epcot and both water parks but would prefer to eat at a resort instead of at the water parks.

It seems you got a double dose of BoG going on :D Anyway, at MK, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe is on my radar my next trip. Nachos, fajita platter, very Southwestern. Columbia Harbour House is one of my favorites for something different. I like their very underrated chicken pot pie.

Epcot has a lot, especially around World Showcase. Most of the restaurants "around the world" have a QS variant. Some have similar dishes to their TS counterparts, some go in a completely different direction. Personally, I'd love to see poutine stand in Canada.

Satu'li Canteen at DAK has been getting some great reviews.

AK is pretty easy.
There's the new, and interesting sounding bowls in Pandora
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/satuli-canteen/menus/lunch-and-dinner/
There's also Flametree BBQ and Yak and Yeti for Asian.

Epcot is also fairly easy if you avoid Electric Umbrella and the American pavilion, just choose a country (Moroccan's QS gets a lot of good reviews, and the French bakery for breakfast) or Sunshine Gardens.

Disney Springs may have the best selection outside Epcot (and close to Typhoon Lagoon)

Geyser Point may have the best setting (on Bay Lake)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...e-resort/geyser-point/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

Last edited:
Sunshine Seasons in The Land at Epcot is great and has a lot of variety. I've also really enjoyed eating at the Moroccan QS location so I'll second that!

I don't know what resort you're staying at but The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge has some unique African inspired dishes that you might enjoy.

Geyser Point, probably my favorite right now.
Satu'li Canteen, was good for QS, and seemed healthier than most options.
Katsura Grill, I like Japanese food, so this is usually one of our go-to places.
Sunshine Seasons, a lot of options, food is usually good.
Columbia Harbor House, probably my favorite QS in MK.

I have never had a hamburger or nuggets at a QS in over 30 years of going to WDW. Every park has options other than that. Our favs:

MK: Pecos Bills, the servings are big easily shared if you want and the toppings bar is great.
AK: Haven't tried the new on in Pandora but there are loads of options in the new market by Africa and our favorite is fried rice from Yak and Yeti.
HS: There are plenty of options in the area just before ToT, we actually like Backlot Express.
Epcot: The sky is the limit in WS.

Resort area: BW has a number of good places, we liked Big River Grill. Just about every food court at every resort has loads of options.

I can't help you with water parks, we don't do them.

I have never had a hamburger or nuggets at a QS in over 30 years of going to WDW. Every park has options other than that. Our favs:

MK: Pecos Bills, the servings are big easily shared if you want and the toppings bar is great.
AK: Haven't tried the new on in Pandora but there are loads of options in the new market by Africa and our favorite is fried rice from Yak and Yeti.
HS: There are plenty of options in the area just before ToT, we actually like Backlot Express.
Epcot: The sky is the limit in WS.

Resort area: BW has a number of good places, we liked Big River Grill. Just about every food court at every resort has loads of options.

I can't help you with water parks, we don't do them.
Boardwalk is kinda lacking in the technical QS department. (But great for TS variety) Big River is a table service. The Bakery has pre-made sandwiches (but great bakery snacks) and there's the pizza window. If paying cash, there's a few state fair-type stands.

Last edited:
At Epcot we often eat at Sunshine Seasons - we like the pork loin and the rotisserie chicken. At Studios, we usually go to Backlot Express, which has burgers and nuggets, but a couple of other options as well. On our last trip we went to Pecos Bill's for the first time since they've changed from their burger menu, and I thought the fajitas were quite good and it was a huge portion - easily enough for two people. Flame Tree BBQ at AK has good food and it's often our choice in that park. As far as resorts, we usually stay at CSR and their Pepper Market food court is good and has a lot of different options. It's close to Blizzard Beach, so that might be an option for your day there.

Also Contempo at the Contemporary has really great options - from burgers to salmon to meatloaf...also Gasparilla Grill at GF has wonderful fresh sandwiches and a chef that will build your salad while you select your toppings...Yak and Yeti is good QS in AKL and Rosies at HS has a good fried green tomato sandwich..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter