Different things to do in WDW

Salf777

Mouseketeer
So on our recent trips we have been doing more than just rides and attractions like enjoying the resorts, pool time, dining. We did the wild Africa trek in animal kingdom and loved it
going again soon and looking for some ideas on different things to do. Are fireworks cruises fun?
Any other suggestions for things to do? Tours, etc?

We’ve done:
Archery at FW
Horseback riding at FW
Yea at GF (currently closed)
Fireworks cruise (about 13 years ago but it was fun)

We really like exploring Disney Springs and the Boardwalk. The hotel at AK is amazing to walk around and explore and see some of the animals, have a meal, etc. If you are willing to leave Disney grounds, we like to go to CityWalk (the outdoor are by the Universal entrance; you do not need a ticket) to shop and have a meal. We like to eat at and explore the Gaylord Palms hotel (not far at all from Disney and especially magical during the winter when they have a lot of Christmas events and a snow sledding hill, etc).

I want to try the foot golf at Oak Trails next time if the weather is good. Probably a one and done thing, but does look fun. We did mini golf at Winter Summerland last time it's soooo cute.

Cirque de Soleil and Hoop De Doo are on my list for my next trip.

We love these, too! We like to spend the day at DS, go to the 5:30 pm Cirque show and then get dinner (Boathouse is our favorite).

We've also enjoyed renting pontoon boats and doing the fishing excursion - we rented the boats at GF and did the excursion out of Poly.

We like to make a whole day out of visiting Ft. W - you can visit the stables, have some lunch (we love P&J's, but you could also end with dinner at Hoop!), rent canoes/kayaks/bikes, go gem mining and do the archery experience (make sure to make reservations in advance).

We also enjoy going to Blizzard Beach and ending with a game of mini-golf at WinterSummerland.

So glad I found this thread! Just to start off, we haven't been down to the World in over 20 years, so I know it'll be like going our first time. That said, my DW, and I as I get older, don't like to do the whole park commando thing. We like to walk around, see the sights, explore and do what comes along. Don't get me wrong, we'll plan our day in the park and try to ride the rides we want, but we also like to take it easy. That said, I'm really glad there's a thread on what other activities/things there are to do. With the new park reservation system, its really a good idea to have other things to do on your list. So I'd love to hear of other ideas.

So on our recent trips we have been doing more than just rides and attractions like enjoying the resorts, pool time, dining.

I've always wanted to go and explore the resorts when I was last down there, but I thought with what I was spending I'd rather be in the parks. This next trip, first as a family, will be the perfect time to do that.

We did the wild Africa trek in animal kingdom and loved it

When I was last down there, I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and loved it. This sounds like fun, and something my DW and DD would love. Though as I'm looking at a video of it on the Tube of You, I notice a suspension bridge that we must cross. Not sure if the DD would do that, but maybe I'll show it to her as a, "Hey! Look at this cool video." and see what she says about it. I can always ask if that's something she could do.

The animation experience in Animal Kingdom

This sounds fun. My DD would love this as she loves to draw.

We are going to try out some non-park stuff on our trip this fall, like:
- Hoop Dee Doo dinner show
- rent a boat at CR and drive around Bay Lake
- horseback riding at Ft Wilderness
- archery lessons at Ft Wilderness

Doing this for our upcoming May trip ... never have done it before and excited for the experience - any tips?
Honestly, this is one thing at WDW where you don't need any tips or insider knowledge to have a really great time! Just show up, be prepared to walk quite a bit, wear sunscreen, & you'll have a lot of fun. The tour is well-organized, they give you several bathroom breaks, lunch was really good. You have lots of opportunities to ask any questions you've ever had about WDW, so maybe come up with a few questions beforehand. It's such a cool experience, you'll love it! I thought it was well worth the cost & would do it again.

Honestly, this is one thing at WDW where you don't need any tips or insider knowledge to have a really great time! Just show up, be prepared to walk quite a bit, wear sunscreen, & you'll have a lot of fun. The tour is well-organized, they give you several bathroom breaks, lunch was really good. You have lots of opportunities to ask any questions you've ever had about WDW, so maybe come up with a few questions beforehand. It's such a cool experience, you'll love it! I thought it was well worth the cost & would do it again.
Terrific and thank you for responding - only two weeks from today!

For us, just slowing down made a huge difference. We used to do Star Tours 15x each trip. Now, we are fine with doing it once...or not at all....whatever...it's all good.
We seemed to make more memories that way and it makes for a more relaxing trip. It also opened us up to new things that we might have missed. One thing that surprised me was that the kids (when they were younger and it was offered) loved the Kidcot stations. Me and my wife would get a drink and chat with the CMs about their home country. That is something that we missed on our first few trips because we were 'go-go-go."

We love staying at a resort where we can walk to at least one park. It makes taking mid-day breaks a lot easier. We used to love hopping to Epcot for dinner after doing a half day at AK or DHS. We stayed at The Contemporary once and loved being able to walk to MK and hang out with less focus on rides, or stroll in for the fireworks, and stroll back on foot.

Other than that, we love HDDR. We always make memories there. Sometimes it's just while waiting around to be seated. We certainly made most of our memories when were doing the most mundane things. It's odd how that happens. We have more memories on WDW transportation than we do on Star Tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter