Difficulties with Virgin site

cheryl.UK

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
has anyone else tried recently to book with Virgin using miles plus money? The site won't accept my password (I know my password) and it won't let me change my password. I'm just going round in circles trying to contact them

Hope you got sorted. Virgin wasn't showing me any miles plus money flights from Belfast last few times I tried. Not that I've anything booked lol just dreaming

I've got a nasty feeling about this....I've found this article from 30th August about whether the scheme is good value and someone has posted a comment saying that points plus money flights haven't been available for MCO flights for a long time.

I'm still having no luck. They sent me a new number but that still won't let me regain my password. I was able to see a 'miles' flight for a date that would suit my dates but can't reserve it because I can't log in. It's so annoying.

Will have to see what's available! Nasty trick to pull if they are withholding the scheme for MCO only, but I guess it may just be a holding situation during covid, and cheryl.UK's problem appears to be logging in rather than not being able to see any offers. I've got a lot of points invested for the sole purpose of flying to MCO.

I booked a flight in Sept for November this year with miles plus money (London-MCO) so the flights are available on that route.

Good luck solving the log-in issue!!!

Finally I managed to log in after many many emails and requests through their bots. Not that I managed to find what I wanted when I finally logged in. Csimon was right, they do indeed appear to have removed the option for money+points and the points only flight I spotted had gone>:(

We have had the same problem with VA for a few years since before COVID, we start a booking from Glasgow to MCO selecting the points plus cash option and then when we get to the payment page, it says points are not available on this flight.
There are other flights within Europe which allow points plus cash, but I've never been able to book MCO with them.😡

I got an email from Virgin Red this morning and one of the sections was:

ORLANDO
Fly to a different world in Orlando, visit Walt Disney World or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios. Use 3,000+ of your points to reduce the cost of your trip. Orlando is the most amazing place for the whole family to make a ton of memories.

So except for some inevitable T&Cs it should be possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter