Digital Membership Cards?

I'm having trouble imagining how this rollout could have been handled worse. There's also no way this is easier for CMs nor cheaper to administer for Disney. It's a lose-lose-lose all around.

Does my incorrect "DVC ND" status also mean I'll be denied access to the DVC lounge in the imagination pavilion?

Does my incorrect "DVC ND" status also mean I'll be denied access to the DVC lounge in the imagination pavilion?
You can still access a digital id card on the member website which is supposed to still be accepted while they workout the issues with the new method. There have been reports of the CMs at the Epcot Member Lounge not accepting the digital card from the website, even though they are supposed to for the short term.

I'm having trouble imagining how this rollout could have been handled worse. There's also no way this is easier for CMs nor cheaper to administer for Disney. It's a lose-lose-lose all around.

They are hoping to have it fixed soon and last night, the CM at Boma said they were told to be flexible for this month.

He said starting Feb 1st, they have to see you pull it up via Magic Mobile and won’t be accepting screenshots. Though he did say the screenshot of a license is fine.

I was also at World of Disney and there, the CM did take the screenshot but said the same thing, come Feb, you must show the actual digital piece.

So, I think for now, they are being flexible. But if you are traveling soon, I would at least take a screenshot of the temporary card from the website and have that!

I will be trying the Epcot Lounge today so I’ll see what info I can get there!

ours have changed on their own over the last few days. Though we do say dvc Y all along, we both started with dvcY, annual, castaway, dvic. As of today we both say dvc Y, annual with no intervention on our part.
Thanks for sharing your experience though I don't know that it makes me feel better! LOL Mine simply says DVC, no Y or ND. I won't be going until mid March but at that point I have to activate an annual pass so getting this straight will be more than critical.

I guess I'll wait and see whether it changes on it's own... if not I'll have to take a day off from work so I can wait on the phone! :rolleyes1

They are hoping to have it fixed soon and last night, the CM at Boma said they were told to be flexible for this month.

He said starting Feb 1st, they have to see you pull it up via Magic Mobile and won’t be accepting screenshots. Though he did say the screenshot of a license is fine.

I was also at World of Disney and there, the CM did take the screenshot but said the same thing, come Feb, you must show the actual digital piece.

So, I think for now, they are being flexible. But if you are traveling soon, I would at least take a screenshot of the temporary card from the website and have that!

I wonder if it ever occurred to some of these geniuses that there are people who don't use Apple or Google Pay on their phones and have no desire to begin? My husband is a disaster with technology and would happily carry a plastic membership card but asking him to pull up Google Pay on his Android is just too much for him.

I checked and my grandfathered membership also displays the erroneous ND so I just deleted it from my phone. I have no plans to visit any time soon, so I'll wait it out to see if they fix this.

I am thoroughly confused.

I created a Disney Magicmobile pass and imported it into my iphone wallet. The affiliations it displays are ANNUAL, DVC There is no Y, though at this point all my contracts are direct. Is this a mistake? Will this be updated? Do I need to call?

Mine is same! No Y or S. I have one direct contract and one resale. We go in Feb so I am anxious about how this resolves.

When they say I have to pull it up via Magic Mobile, do they mean through the MDE app or my wallet? I wonder what happens with international guests who do not have internet capabilities...does the wallet still work? When I travel to WDW, I do not have access to any cell phone data and rely solely on WDW wifi. I can tell you more often than not, it does not work - shocker, I know!

When they say I have to pull it up via Magic Mobile, do they mean through the MDE app or my wallet? I wonder what happens with international guests who do not have internet capabilities...does the wallet still work? When I travel to WDW, I do not have access to any cell phone data and rely solely on WDW wifi. I can tell you more often than not, it does not work - shocker, I know!
You would need to show it in either Apple Wallet or Google Pay (depending on your particular phone). Apple Wallet will work without a data connection as everything is stored locally. Don't use android so I can't confirm if G Pay needs a data connection or not.

Yes, as of today and the guidance CMs are given, it must be pulled up via MDE on a phone or on a watch.

I can say that all the CMs I talked to about this seem to have the new info and what they are supposed to be looking for so the communication about the change is out there.

Even the staff when I was checking out of Mandara Spa yesterday knew about the changes, though she did type in my membership ID number in order to apply the discount.

So, I think at this point, one can expect to have to actually show it pulled up once the glitches are fixed.

on my iPhone I can only see the details of my membership (membership number, affiliation type) in the apple wallet by tapping the words Walt Disney World which brings up digital card. Then tap the circle with 3 dots in the upper right corner to bring up Disney MagicMoble Pass details including a scannable QR code of my membership number.

on my iPhone I can only see the details of my membership (membership number, affiliation type) in the apple wallet by tapping the words Walt Disney World which brings up digital card. Then tap the circle with 3 dots in the upper right corner to bring up Disney MagicMoble Pass details including a scannable QR code of my membership number.
FYI, that's not your DVC membership number. It's more like the code on the back of a MagicBand.

ok, It says ID so I just assumed that it was the member number. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

ok, It says ID so I just assumed that it was the member number. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
The Disney MagicMobile Pass originally started out as a way to enter a Disney theme park by using a compatible smartphone or Apple Watch. With valid theme park admission linked to MDE, you can just touch your phone to the reader to enter the park just like if using a MagicBand.

Disney added the affiliations to verify eligibility for discounts.

The whole Digital Card is a mess. So I loaded the membership card into my Apple Wallet and DH's android Google Pay. I can't seems to also load my AP. I'm just gonna hope the MB's keep working.

The whole Digital Card is a mess. So I loaded the membership card into my Apple Wallet and DH's android Google Pay. I can't seems to also load my AP. I'm just gonna hope the MB's keep working.
I assume that only one card in the Apple wallet is needed, as it shows both DVC and AP affiliations. As stated earlier upthread, the card design is merely a skin/design. Doesn’t matter if we choose the DVC design or any other design. So we won’t need a separate card in the wallet for AP only.

What you loaded was not a membership card, but a Disney MagicMobile Pass. As I posted earlier, this was initially rolled out for theme park admission using a smartphone. Disney added the affiliations to verify eligibility of discounts. If your AP is linked to your MDE profile, it will automatically be accessible by the Disney MagicMobile Pass for theme park entry.

I wonder if it ever occurred to some of these geniuses that there are people who don't use Apple or Google Pay on their phones and have no desire to begin? My husband is a disaster with technology and would happily carry a plastic membership card but asking him to pull up Google Pay on his Android is just too much for him.

I checked and my grandfathered membership also displays the erroneous ND so I just deleted it from my phone. I have no plans to visit any time soon, so I'll wait it out to see if they fix this.

Just the messenger here, but as of now, it doesn’t sound like they have a different option for those who can’t or don’t have it. To get the discounts you must be able to show it digitally:

As with everything, though, things can change and maybe they will offer an alternative…but, it did sound like it’s to make sure only those eligible get them…of course, there will be people who slip through.

But, as I shared, the CMs I talked to so far, all knew Y vs ND.

Just the messenger here, but as of now, it doesn’t sound like they have a different option for those who can’t or don’t have it. To get the discounts you must be able to show it digitally:

As with everything, though, things can change and maybe they will offer an alternative…but, it did sound like it’s to make sure only those eligible get them…of course, there will be people who slip through.

But, as I shared, the CMs I talked to so far, all knew Y vs ND.
And did said CM's say anything about cards that lack the Y or the ND???????

The AP doesn’t need to load…the Magic Mobile shows it…but the CM did tell me when I renewed I should carry the card for discounts if I wanted AP…but, since DVC has the same…and in some cases better…I always go for DVC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter