Digital Membership Cards?

Nope. Still getting the error. Weird, because everything from football game tickets to AAA card to Drivers License to a Hertz reservation have loaded into Apple Wallet just fine.

I can still get the version of the card on the DVC website, so maybe I could just use that. We are not going anywhere until May though, so lots of time to figure it out…

Nope. Still getting the error. Weird, because everything from football game tickets to AAA card to Drivers License to a Hertz reservation have loaded into Apple Wallet just fine.

I can still get the version of the card on the DVC website, so maybe I could just use that. We are not going anywhere until May though, so lots of time to figure it out…

Hopefully, it should be figured out soon. Reports from MS are the digital version will go away once everything is fixed. We shall see. The good news is that you have time!!!

The effort involved here just escalated way past the benefit of saving 10-20% on a few meals and some wishables and plush for my once a year trip
Sadly, no it hasn't with the price of meals and merchandising at WDW.

The really sad part is how poorly Disney IT has rolled this thing out, seems like they screwed it up on purpose to save themselves the 10-20%. This level of incompetence is truly amazing..... and I work for the state.

Is there a special number to call to get assistance with loading the digital member card? There is a over 100 minute wait right now and just want to make sure I am holding for the right folks.

Update: after finally getting a chat with tech support, problem is solved. My iPhone was still on iOS 15.1 and apparently, it has to be on 15.2.

The tech said that they would put a mention of that in the instructions.

What were the issues with Carplay? I use it all the time and did see some weird stuff happening with my Waze.

I broke my DVC "card" - help?!
I managed to get a DVC card in my wallet but it wasn't showing my Disney Visa. Long story short, I deleted all cards from my wallet, deleted the Disney app and started over. Now I have a Disney Visa in my wallet and no DVC card with or without Y or other affiliations. All affiliations are properly shown in reinstalled MDE app. The card on MDE says See in Wallet but doesn't give me the option to Send to Wallet - maybe because I had already done this once I before deleting it when it wasn't right.
Any ideas how to fix this problem that I apparently made worse?

Update: after finally getting a chat with tech support, problem is solved. My iPhone was still on iOS 15.1 and apparently, it has to be on 15.2.

The tech said that they would put a mention of that in the instructions.
Thanks for posting as this was my problem as well. Also, I had to turn on the Two-Factor Authentication to get the mobile card loaded to my wallet. Not excited to have the two -Factor Authentication on my phone.

Side note, when I was on the phone with Disney IT, they kept on telling me it was an Apple issue. No one ever told me to make sure my phone was updated to 15.2. I had 15.1 but having the newest one did the trick. So much time wasted trying to get this on my phone. Also, the 15.2 download must be big because I had to delete some items on my phone to create space.

The DVC ND issue should be an easy “if… then” program. No way it should be taking weeks to fix it. As a business owner, if I was in their shoes, I would switch everyone to Y and then once IT figures out how to fix it, change those without blue cards to ND. This is feeling deliberate, or in the very least on the low priority list.

Hopefully, the cruise we go on in a few days, allows our Temporary blue card for discounts in the store.

Sadly, no it hasn't with the price of meals and merchandising at WDW.

The really sad part is how poorly Disney IT has rolled this thing out, seems like they screwed it up on purpose to save themselves the 10-20%. This level of incompetence is truly amazing..... and I work for the state.
Not a surprise. In the 10 years I've been a member, I've never seen a new IT feature being released in a working state. Not just things related to DVC, everything, from FP+ to Genie+, from events reservations to the members website. Nothing works when they release it. They just let us make the tests, then they rush a patch that will fix something and break something else (which we then have to debug) and the cycle continues.
And it's not like they do it to save money, it costs them billions in customer support, guest services, IT expenses and lost business by people who just give up.
During inverstors calls, instead of talking about how to reduce food portions to save money, they should just announce they've hired a competent CTO, their shares would double in a day.

Didn't they fire all their IT folks and had them train their replacements a few years back?
Refer to this 2015 article from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/...off-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html

ORLANDO, Fla. — The employees who kept the data systems humming in the vast Walt Disney fantasy fief did not suspect trouble when they were suddenly summoned to meetings with their boss.

While families rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and searched for Nemo on clamobiles in the theme parks, these workers monitored computers in industrial buildings nearby, making sure millions of Walt Disney World ticket sales, store purchases and hotel reservations went through without a hitch. Some were performing so well that they thought they had been called in for bonuses.

Instead, about 250 Disney employees were told in late October that they would be laid off. Many of their jobs were transferred to immigrants on temporary visas for highly skilled technical workers, who were brought in by an outsourcing firm based in India. Over the next three months, some Disney employees were required to train their replacements to do the jobs they had lost.

The DVC ND issue should be an easy “if… then” program. No way it should be taking weeks to fix it. As a business owner, if I was in their shoes, I would switch everyone to Y and then once IT figures out how to fix it, change those without blue cards to ND. This is feeling deliberate, or in the very least on the low priority list.

It feels deliberate because it's probably deliberate.

Refer to this 2015 article from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/...off-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html

ORLANDO, Fla. — The employees who kept the data systems humming in the vast Walt Disney fantasy fief did not suspect trouble when they were suddenly summoned to meetings with their boss.

While families rode the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and searched for Nemo on clamobiles in the theme parks, these workers monitored computers in industrial buildings nearby, making sure millions of Walt Disney World ticket sales, store purchases and hotel reservations went through without a hitch. Some were performing so well that they thought they had been called in for bonuses.

Instead, about 250 Disney employees were told in late October that they would be laid off. Many of their jobs were transferred to immigrants on temporary visas for highly skilled technical workers, who were brought in by an outsourcing firm based in India. Over the next three months, some Disney employees were required to train their replacements to do the jobs they had lost.

They brought in HCL. Some companies who outsourced their IT departments during this time realized that it was a mistake. The cheap labor offshore has no loyalty to the company. They will leave if they find a better opportunity. Critical knowledge regularly left and companies scrambled to get the level of expertise needed to innovate and keep systems running. My last two companies (one Fortune 250, one Fortune 50) has insourced the services that were previously given to outsourcing. Disney may be at that point now, if they haven't gotten there already.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter