Digital Membership Cards?

I just returned. Almost all the cast members I came across asked for the MDE membership and passes screen. I was not asked for the MM wallet anywhere, including on February 1. Maybe they're waiting until they fix all the hiccups.
Thanks for the update! Will be interesting to see how long this lasts and if it is consistent throughout property.

I have the same thing too (says ND but I have grandfathered resale and also says annual even though I have not had an AP for years)... I wondered if they added ‘annual’ because it says ND and that way then we at least get the discount? Or is the AP discount not as good as the regular discount?

When I was there in January, AP card is still needed for that discount. I think eventually this will be automatic for both.

Maybe patience is the rule of the day? FINALLY my husband's affiliations are correct. DVC Y/Annual

I'm trying ...really trying ....to adapt or die .... and I love technology. Let me restate that. I love "good" technology. But at my age, I just cannot enjoy moving over to the shady side of the walkways while in the park to allow me to SEE the screen, then finding my reading glasses to READ the small text, and then using the old index finger poke routine (thumbs now have arthritis) to try to quickly compete to set up the next ride. So our annual is not activated and I'll just sit back and see how it all plays out, I think my days in overcrowded parks will be limited. Heading off to Hilton Head this month and Vero in May.

I just returned. Almost all the cast members I came across asked for the MDE membership and passes screen. I was not asked for the MM wallet anywhere, including on February 1. Maybe they're waiting until they fix all the hiccups.
Forgive my lack of knowledge....but what/where is the MDE Membership & Passes screen?

Edit....I think I found it.....is it under My Profile?

Maybe patience is the rule of the day? FINALLY my husband's affiliations are correct. DVC Y/Annual

I'm trying ...really trying ....to adapt or die .... and I love technology. Let me restate that. I love "good" technology. But at my age, I just cannot enjoy moving over to the shady side of the walkways while in the park to allow me to SEE the screen, then finding my reading glasses to READ the small text, and then using the old index finger poke routine (thumbs now have arthritis) to try to quickly compete to set up the next ride. So our annual is not activated and I'll just sit back and see how it all plays out, I think my days in overcrowded parks will be limited. Heading off to Hilton Head this month and Vero in May.
Mine still shows ND deleted it and readded still ND

We had to call Member Services about another issue, but while we had them, I asked about the ND vs Y issue and they gave us an email to send our inquiry to

it was a DVC members email and basically we just got back a long version of “we are aware, we are working on it”

maybe I’m old fashioned , but I still prefer to have an actual card, not either a paper copy or digital version
more cost saving from Disney
Sub-prime bank card companies send out literally millions of plastic cards to potential marks every year. Disney sending out a hundred thousand cards once every year (or 2) wasn't killing them cost-wise, especially since the cost could and would just be wrapped into MF's.

Simple, un-chipped cards (like the "old" Blue Cards, but adding a magnetic stripe) cost about 10¢ each to make (maybe add a few cents for inflation since that's an older article, so let's say 15¢):

How A Credit Card Is Made

Just sharing my experience with a DVC Annual Pass renewal activation…

I’m a grandfathered resale owner. Yesterday we went to animal kingdom and needed to activate my partner’s AP that I previously purchased through member services. The cast member at the gate called her supervisor since she had not done a DVC activation before, which isn’t unheard of.

However, the supervisor was awful. She refused to accept anything other than the MagicMobile wallet, which is still showing DVC-ND for me. I tried to explain this is a known IT issue and showed her the digital (blue) card from the DVC website, but she cut me off and told me I had to contact member services to fix it. She forced me to step to the side of the ticket window and call DVC.

After a 25-minute hold (thankfully not longer with recent hold times!), I reached an excellent cast member. She was aware of the glitch and confirmed I’m eligible (which I knew). Eventually she spoke with the AK ticketing supervisor via my phone, but the supervisor wouldn’t budge saying she wasn’t aware of any IT issue and that she is unable to issue a ticket to a resale owner, specifically anyone without MagicMobile DVC-Y.

Member Services told me to push the issue since I’m eligible. Since my pass was activated last month, I went into the park and to Guest Relations, explained the whole thing and they ultimately resolved it. The entire process took over two hours; every time I’ve activated passes before it has been 5-10 minutes.

Other than DVC rolling out a flawed tool prematurely, my issue was one unfortunate cast member who was overzealous with her interpretation and enforcement. I’ve conveyed the encounter and my disappointment via email to DVC and WDW Guest Relations.

Hopefully mine was an exception and not what others will experience. But for me it was a frustrating exercise for something that was never an issue before this poorly implemented change to MagicMobile.

I’m a grandfathered resale owner. Yesterday we went to animal kingdom and needed to activate my partner’s AP that I previously purchased through member services. The cast member at the gate called her supervisor since she had not done a DVC activation before, which isn’t unheard of.

However, the supervisor was awful. She refused to accept anything other than the MagicMobile wallet, which is still showing DVC-ND for me. I tried to explain this is a known IT issue and showed her the digital (blue) card from the DVC website, but she cut me off and told me I had to contact member services to fix it. She forced me to step to the side of the ticket window and call DVC.

After a 25-minute hold (thankfully not longer with recent hold times!), I reached an excellent cast member. She was aware of the glitch and confirmed I’m eligible (which I knew). Eventually she spoke with the AK ticketing supervisor via my phone, but the supervisor wouldn’t budge saying she wasn’t aware of any IT issue and that she is unable to issue a ticket to a resale owner, specifically anyone without MagicMobile DVC-Y.

Member Services told me to push the issue since I’m eligible. Since my pass was activated last month, I went into the park and to Guest Relations, explained the whole thing and they ultimately resolved it. The entire process took over two hours; every time I’ve activated passes before it has been 5-10 minutes.

Other than DVC rolling out a flawed tool prematurely, my issue was one unfortunate cast member who was overzealous with her interpretation and enforcement. I’ve conveyed the encounter and my disappointment via email to DVC and WDW Guest Relations.

Hopefully mine was an exception and not what others will experience. But for me it was a frustrating exercise for something that was never an issue before this poorly implemented change to MagicMobile.

You handled that much better than I would have. I am in the same situation with having to activate AP renewals purchased through member services (as a grandfathered resale owner.) And I can understand them needing to see photo ID to ensure the name matches, but if you bought them from DVC and they sold them to you, that should be good enough for guest services.

I hope they get this figured out by March when I go. Sorry you had to waste so much time getting that straightened out.

And I can understand them needing to see photo ID to ensure the name matches, but if you bought them from DVC and they sold them to you, that should be good enough for guest services.
I believe the requirement to verify member status at the time of activation is just in case someone sells off their membership before they actually go to activate their passes.

This is my fear. I'm less concerned about discounts because of my AP, but if I can't renew it because they're not communicating behind the scenes? Ugh. So sorry this happened to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter