• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Digital Membership Cards?

They want to see MM pass, not the temporary digital card from the website. The one that shows DVC Y.

I was in line at RIV gift shop the other day. The person showed the physical card and the manager said that is no longer eligible and to show MM. They Said they were having trouble and I shared how to do it into the wallet.

When I checked out the CM..not the manager said he didn’t understand the whole thing and that if someone says they are DVC, he’d just give it to them.

Well, probably wasn’t the right thing to say because I walked away I could here the manager explain that he is not to do that and that if a guest does not have the correct thing they are not to get the discount.

While I didn’t use it a ton this trip, all asked to see my digital card as well so it could be hit or miss but I do think they are expecting the new card from everyone now.
Thank you very much. Hope you are having a fabulous time!

Digital as in the MDE/MM one. The temporary card you pull up on the DVC website has a rolling expiration date, 30 days from the current date. Print one today and it will expire 3/11/22, print one tomorrow and it will expire on 3/12.
Thank you. My card still says ND, I am hoping this gets fixed soon but thinking it won't before my April trip.

So, if you currently have DVC ND on the MDE/MM, and you should be eligible for discounts (resale, but grandfathered), you will be denied the discount? What is the fix for this? I will not enjoy being told I am denied a 20% merchandise discount, or a 10% meal discount when I should be entitled to it at that particular location. I do not like leaving money on the table.

Prior posters have said that calling DVC is a non-starter. Yet the CMs in the parks and restaurants are now starting to enforce the MDE/MM 'DVC Y'. This is unfair, yet I do not know what is within my power to ensure that I receive the discounts that I am entitled to.
Ditto, I'm in same boat.

DVC members with a mix of direct and resale points are mostly showing up as ND.

We have a small direct contract and 3 resale and show as DVC-Y, Annual.
I wonder if those with issues bought resale first, then direct? We purchased direct first.

So, if you currently have DVC ND on the MDE/MM, and you should be eligible for discounts (resale, but grandfathered), you will be denied the discount? What is the fix for this? I will not enjoy being told I am denied a 20% merchandise discount, or a 10% meal discount when I should be entitled to it at that particular location. I do not like leaving money on the table.

Prior posters have said that calling DVC is a non-starter. Yet the CMs in the parks and restaurants are now starting to enforce the MDE/MM 'DVC Y'. This is unfair, yet I do not know what is within my power to ensure that I receive the discounts that I am entitled to

Calling, i think, would be a waste of time, especially since hold times are crazy now

we had to call DVC about something else and I asked about ND issue and she gave is the members@disneyvacationclub.com
Email to request a fix

we sent an email and pretty much got back generic “working on it” reply

I think it’s totally unfair that they will enforce, knowing there’s an issue and not take any other form of DVC ID.

When I checked out the CM..not the manager said he didn’t understand the whole thing and that if someone says they are DVC, he’d just give it to them.

this used to happen a lot to us before the change over. I have a feeling it won’t happen so much now….

I think it’s totally unfair that they will enforce, knowing there’s an issue and not take any other form of DVC ID.
There are also plenty of reports that using the temporary card will work as well. As I haven’t been asked to show it (mine shows DVC-Y), I don’t know if they would have taken my expired plastic card, or the downloaded temporary card instead.

I’m up to 5 purchases at 4 different locations, and the MM digital add has been accepted without question, which seems better than what was being reported before.

The Y vs ND issue is a whole different mess that needs clearing up.

We have a small direct contract and 3 resale and show as DVC-Y, Annual.
I wonder if those with issues bought resale first, then direct? We purchased direct first.
This is not the case for me. My first purchase was a 50 pt resale contract February 2019 - no blue card. I purchased 125 direct points in October 2020 (125 was the minimum for blue card at that time) - so I am eligible for benefits. My MM shows DVC Y, ANNUAL.

Truth be told, the main thing I use DVC discount for is AP renewals.

the places we do frequent for meals and the like take AP and Disney Visa discounts which most of the time are the same as DVC

still- we should be Y and are ND

Let's hope that they figure a way to fix it soon...not holding hope but at least a few reports so far of people who had the code update correctly. But, as back up, I would have the temporary card from the website on your phone, and be prepared to explain why it is wrong.

I might also, prior to my trip, send an email to DVC asking when it might be fixed, and to verify that you should be eligible and take that with you. It does stink for those that should get it and are not coding correctly.

I will say, the one thing this trip that I did not have to do as much as I have in the past was show my ID. Pulling it up on my Apple Watch was good enough because the CM said the chances of someone giving their phone or watch to a stranger were pretty slim!!

I will say, the one thing this trip that I did not have to do as much as I have in the past was show my ID. Pulling it up on my Apple Watch was good enough because the CM said the chances of someone giving their phone or watch to a stranger were pretty slim!!
We were not asked for ID at any places this past trip, 2/1-2/8. One restaurant in DS didn´t even ask to see anything.

We were not asked for ID at any places this past trip, 2/1-2/8. One restaurant in DS didn´t even ask to see anything.
Yes, in January we didn't have to show ID very much either. When in line to buy merchandise, we routinely pulled up our MM card without being asked, but at some restaurants (e.g. Steakhouse 71) the server asked whether we were DVC or AP, we said yes, and they didn't ask for any proof at all! I will say that I had both AP and DVC sliders on my watch band along with my MB puck slider, so maybe that reassured them.

Let's hope that they figure a way to fix it soon...not holding hope but at least a few reports so far of people who had the code update correctly. But, as back up, I would have the temporary card from the website on your phone, and be prepared to explain why it is wrong.

I might also, prior to my trip, send an email to DVC asking when it might be fixed, and to verify that you should be eligible and take that with you. It does stink for those that should get it and are not coding correctly.

In less than a month I will be doing this, like you said, but with one more step:
1. Going to activate my AP renewal. I will fight the fight. First show my digital download blue card, which is not expired, so why in the world wouldn't they accept it? I will pitch a fit if they don't accept my non-expired card, which I have validly obtained for being a DVC member for many years. When they ask, I will show my DVC ND on MM. Then I will pull up the email I have from DVC stating that the "ND" on mine is a known issue erro and they are working on it, and I am eligible for discounts.
2. If after all this fighting, I still can't activate my AP renewal (Socerer) at the DVC price (like some posters above could not). Then I will pay full price for the AP renewal and use my AP for further discounts.
3. When home and not standing in line at guest services I will email over and over until I get my money back. I won't need it back for dining or merch, since I will have had the AP for those discounts which are usually similar. But I guarantee you I will get my money back on the AP if I have to pay full price instead of DVC price, since I have emails saying I'm eligible for the discount.

Question: I am not worried about step 3, getting my money back. I'm pretty sure, with the emails I have stating that I am eligible for discounts, I will get my money back. BUT I AM a little worried about step 2. Since they are not selling AP at all, if I can't activate my renewal (Gold to socerer renewal), will I be able to pay full price (which I guess would be incredipass) or will they not even sell me the more expensive pass because they aren't selling new passes anymore (and I am now out of my renewal timeclock)? Thoughts?

In less than a month I will be doing this, like you said, but with one more step:
1. Going to activate my AP renewal. I will fight the fight. First show my digital download blue card, which is not expired, so why in the world wouldn't they accept it? I will pitch a fit if they don't accept my non-expired card, which I have validly obtained for being a DVC member for many years. When they ask, I will show my DVC ND on MM. Then I will pull up the email I have from DVC stating that the "ND" on mine is a known issue erro and they are working on it, and I am eligible for discounts.
2. If after all this fighting, I still can't activate my AP renewal (Socerer) at the DVC price (like some posters above could not). Then I will pay full price for the AP renewal and use my AP for further discounts.
3. When home and not standing in line at guest services I will email over and over until I get my money back. I won't need it back for dining or merch, since I will have had the AP for those discounts which are usually similar. But I guarantee you I will get my money back on the AP if I have to pay full price instead of DVC price, since I have emails saying I'm eligible for the discount.

Question: I am not worried about step 3, getting my money back. I'm pretty sure, with the emails I have stating that I am eligible for discounts, I will get my money back. BUT I AM a little worried about step 2. Since they are not selling AP at all, if I can't activate my renewal (Gold to socerer renewal), will I be able to pay full price (which I guess would be incredipass) or will they not even sell me the more expensive pass because they aren't selling new passes anymore (and I am now out of my renewal timeclock)? Thoughts?

They won’t sell you a new one with sales suspended. But I do think if you go to GR to start vs the ticketing window, you won’t have the issue if you have the current t temporary card, etc. that others have mentioned.

I bet those CMs are much more informed and have the power to activate it that some of the others do not.

They won’t sell you a new one with sales suspended. But I do think if you go to GR to start vs the ticketing window, you won’t have the issue if you have the current t temporary card, etc. that others have mentioned.

I bet those CMs are much more informed and have the power to activate it that some of the others do not.

Oooo. So I wouldn't have really distinguished the two windows from being different. So you think I should go to GR, I will. I didn't realize that the windows would behave differently, so thanks for that tip!

Oooo. So I wouldn't have really distinguished the two windows from being different. So you think I should go to GR, I will. I didn't realize that the windows would behave differently, so thanks for that tip!

There have been reports...at least one here...where the ticketing agent and supervisor were very strict and said they could not help...sent the guest to GR, and they were able to get it activated, so yes, I think GR is a much better place to start because I do believe they are more informed in what is happening, and think they have the ability to do things that the frontline ticketing CM's can not!

There have been reports...at least one here...where the ticketing agent and supervisor were very strict and said they could not help...sent the guest to GR, and they were able to get it activated, so yes, I think GR is a much better place to start because I do believe they are more informed in what is happening, and think they have the ability to do things that the frontline ticketing CM's can not!

Excellent, at least someplace is informed then. I will start there. I'll probably be at EP international gateway and try it at GS there.

Excellent, at least someplace is informed then. I will start there. I'll probably be at EP international gateway and try it at GS there.
We have always used the GS window when renewing our APs with the DVC discount (in fact, at the IG, as BWV is our home resort) since the first time we had vouchers that we wanted to convert. The CM at the ticketing window didn’t have a clue how to validate the voucher/discount and activate the APs and sent us over to the other kiosk. This started at least 15 years ago. We’ve eliminated the middleman ever since.

Here now. A few months back I explained how for the 2020-2021 year they basically forced the DVC AP discount on us. Im sadly happy to report that as I went to renew my AP at Epcot the GS CM caught the mistake and corrected it, for $330 additional dollars :). Also my DVC Y, which was incorrect, updated to ND at some point. So if it wasn’t already clear the old policies still all apply and Disney IT was just choking as usual.

One oddity still occurring though. We always use our AP for all food and merchandise discounts, as duh we are white card only. But every restaurant we’ve eaten at that accepts DVC discounts(where AP would have worked too) keeps auto applying the discount and clearly states it’s for DVC.

I downloaded my membership card (I think) through Magic Mobile. I also set up my husband and son on Magic Mobile. When picking the style of Membership Card, it didn't allow me to pick DVC for my husband even though he's on the membership. Does he have to have his own MDE login to get the DVC membership card style?

I downloaded my membership card (I think) through Magic Mobile. I also set up my husband and son on Magic Mobile. When picking the style of Membership Card, it didn't allow me to pick DVC for my husband even though he's on the membership. Does he have to have his own MDE login to get the DVC membership card style?
Yes. He will need his own MDE. I had to set one up for my husband just for this.

He has to have his own MDE account AND his own login to the DVC member website. Once he has those and gets his DVC member digital card into MM, he doesn't have to actually use either one, unless he wants to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter