Digital Membership Cards?

I downloaded my membership card (I think) through Magic Mobile. I also set up my husband and son on Magic Mobile. When picking the style of Membership Card, it didn't allow me to pick DVC for my husband even though he's on the membership. Does he have to have his own MDE login to get the DVC membership card style?
Same thing happened to me. My husband and I are both owners, didn’t allow me to choose DVC for him. He doesnt have his own MDE account, as I doball the arrangements. Guess he will have to set up his own in his own MDE account if he by chance wants the DVC discount and I am not present.

So are we just assuming they’re never going to fix the ND issue for grandfathered members? If that’s the case I wish they’d have the courage to say as much.

So are we just assuming they’re never going to fix the ND issue for grandfathered members? If that’s the case I wish they’d have the courage to say as much.

There have been a few reports where it did fix. Some on its own and some where people did the delete, add phone again and re load to Wallet or Pay.

I just think in normal Disney IT fashion they take forever for fixing things.

But I do think there should have been communication with members that there is an issue and what to do.

There have been a few reports where it did fix. Some on its own and some where people did the delete, add phone again and re load to Wallet or Pay.

It's been unclear to me...I think the corrections reported have all been people who had "DVC" without ND or Y, and then were able to get DVC Y by deleting and re-installing. I don't think anyone who is grandfathered and had DVC ND has converted into DVC Y yet.

This is my assumption. Disney has no incentive whatsoever to fix this. What are those of us affected going to do about it? Stop going? Current management has been very clear what they think of regular visitors. Sell our memberships? OK, so Disney exercises ROFR and sells our points for a profit.

It's been unclear to me...I think the corrections reported have all been people who had "DVC" without ND or Y, and then were able to get DVC Y by deleting and re-installing. I don't think anyone who is grandfathered and had DVC ND has converted into DVC Y yet.
I think one person reported that they had a mix of direct and resale points, and that it was fixed for them recently.

There have been a few reports of that in other places.

I’ve been checking on dis & have yet to read of a pure grandfathered resale that was corrected, but I don’t check ‘other places.’
Indeed, I‘m waiting to download my card because I suspect it’ll be ND & I’ll obsess & be irritated about that & since our next WDW visit isn’t until Nov. I’m going to wait to deal w/ the issue, not because I have any confidence that DVC will fix the issue, but because I just don’t want the aggravation of experiencing the incompetence until I have to.

I’ve been checking on dis & have yet to read of a pure grandfathered resale that was corrected, but I don’t check ‘other places.’
Indeed, I‘m waiting to download my card because I suspect it’ll be ND & I’ll obsess & be irritated about that & since our next WDW visit isn’t until Nov. I’m going to wait to deal w/ the issue, not because I have any confidence that DVC will fix the issue, but because I just don’t want the aggravation of experiencing the incompetence until I have to.
I totally agree with you. I wish I took your approach; I added the digital pass to my wallet and now I check every few days to see if it has been updated from ND to Y. I don’t even have a trip coming up, but knowing that I am an ND, bugs me!!! 😁

haha! Very smart! Wish I started with your frame of mind

I’ve downloaded it, then removed it, re downloaded, removed, probably a few too many times! It IS easy to obsess.

We do have an April trip coming up, but AP expires in June - next trip in October
So
I have time for them to fix it . Or for more CM to learn that there’s actually an issue!

I checked again today because I had too. Still ND.

Anyone with an INCORRECT "ND" showing on their mobile card been denied entry to the Epcot lounge? COuldn't remember if that perk was tied to blue card holders only (which we are...grandfathered from a 2014 resale purchase).

Anyone with an INCORRECT "ND" showing on their mobile card been denied entry to the Epcot lounge? COuldn't remember if that perk was tied to blue card holders only (which we are...grandfathered from a 2014 resale purchase).
A couple of week's ago, there were at least 2 posts from people with the incorrect ND that were really hassled about getting into the Epcot lounge. I don't recall reading a more recent post on the subject.

A couple of week's ago, there were at least 2 posts from people with the incorrect ND that were really hassled about getting into the Epcot lounge. I don't recall reading a more recent post on the subject.

Cause I could give two farts about the discounts (we have AP's and can use that) but I will be pretty cheesed off if they try to tell me I'm not allowed up.

Update:

I’m up to too many purchases to count in 3 parks, 4 resorts, and Disney Springs. I was able to show my digital card in my Apple Wallet 100% of the time, and it wasn't questioned even once. Asked for ID about 25% of the time (including both trips into the Epcot lounge), but the CM did look close enough to see the "DVC Y:" just about every time.

Last edited:
Cause I could give two farts about the discounts (we have AP's and can use that) but I will be pretty cheesed off if they try to tell me I'm not allowed up.

Same. The lounge is definitely one of the top perks, LOL. Those CMs are (apparently) DVC member services employees, so if anyone should be understanding and accommodating, it's them.

Just for the annoyance, I tried the delete and re-enter on my phone. I'm grandfathered to 2005 at SSR, and also own at VGC and BLT. I have called MS and been told the usual. After redoing everything, and having the verification notices pop up on each step--no luck. My profile lists everything--Sorceror pass, Disney Visa, DVC contracts--still says ND. !$#$@^!!!

Do you guys think the pre 2016 resale members having the dreaded "ND" problems will have problems registering for moonlight magic?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter