• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Digital Membership Cards?

one thing I saw…. Does the digital DVC card say 'Guest' on it even for the owner? Because mine says 'guest'
Don't know. I haven't downloaded my card yet - our next trip isn't until December. I'm just waiting to see how this all shakes out as I do not have a digital wallet on my phone and don't really want one right now.

I'm sure someone else will chime in, though.

On the ... screen - there is a line Guest Name My name. The DVC card front is just a visual for the "Disney mobile wallet card", not a "DVC mobile wallet" card. So everyone with a mobile wallet card is a guest at Disney and the info on the detail screen applies to all cards, independent of the visual on the front. Put another way - that is a Disney guest card - so they all say guest. Then in the affiliation line it shows details about the guest, including if that guest owns DVC. Hope that helps.

Disney mobile wallet card", not a "DVC mobile wallet" card. ….. Put another way - that is a Disney guest card - so they all say guest. Then in the affiliation line it shows details about the guest, including if that guest owns DVC. Hope that helps.
Ok, so my kids cards will have their name but nothing at all where mine says DVC ND? Ok.

Ok, so my kids cards will have their name but nothing at all where mine says DVC ND? Ok.
If they are not listed on the DVC contract or as associate members, yes. TBH, I don't know how the treat associate members. Also I am not sure, but I suspect when they pick the appearance of the mobile wallet card, they may not even have the option to select the DVC appearance card. They may be limited to the park, character, or 50th cards. It could be only DVC, DVC Y, and DVC ND see the option of the DVC appearance card.

If your kids have their own MDE account, they can set up a Magic Mobile pass. They simply won't have the DVC design as they have now made that exclusive to those that own DVC. But, as a DVC owner, you can chose any design.

The affiliations for the pass is what really matters and that should say DVC Y for discounts. It is extremely sad to hear that the guide didn't know about the digital change (you have to wonder why because I know other guides/sales do...the people at RIV desk knew all about it).

Have you tried to delete it, re enter, including phone, and then uploading again? Or, has your direct contract actually closed? If it has not, I wonder if that is why?

I have followed the instructions and tried using the magic mobile link getting as far as add to add Apple wallet. A message of Please try again...Something went wrong adding a pass. I have never used my phone's Apple Wallet and don't want to add a credit card to start it and my phone is asking me to set up touch ID. This is ridiculous! I just recently paid my $2300 dues and they can't even send me a plastic DVC card! And my husband who deliberately didn't set up another email after he retired (used work email) can't even get a digital card because he's under my MDE account. The whole thing is a complete mess!

I have followed the instructions and tried using the magic mobile link getting as far as add to add Apple wallet. A message of Please try again...Something went wrong adding a pass. I have never used my phone's Apple Wallet and don't want to add a credit card to start it and my phone is asking me to set up touch ID. This is ridiculous! I just recently paid my $2300 dues and they can't even send me a plastic DVC card! And my husband who deliberately didn't set up another email after he retired (used work email) can't even get a digital card because he's under my MDE account. The whole thing is a complete mess!

Someone has mentioned that you should be able to add Apple Wallet without having a CC attached since it can be used for store reward cards, boarding passes, etc. I don't think you can get by the touch ID though.

Again, it is not ideal for those that don't have their own account, or who don't use technology, but unfortunately, it does appear that a new condition for receiving MM perks going forward is to have a digital card.

All I can suggest is to email DVC and let them know you are not happy about the change.

Not tryin’ to stir the pot, but what would grandfathered owners do if DVC decided at some point they weren’t gonna fix this “known issue” and just said, “So sad. Too bad?” Do old resale owners really have a leg to stand on? Not saying people sound “entitled,” but it seems like some people literally feel their entitled to the perks. I always thought grandfathering was done cuz Disney wants to play nice. I’m wondering because I don’t think the contracts said those perks were forever and could go away whenever Disney decided. I’m really asking what grandfathered owners would do cuz Disney took away all benefits and people still buy resale like it was goin’ outta style. 😂😂 Maybe they know people would complain but like the sky’s fallin’ restrictions on Riviera, owners will just slowly forget and accept it. Some folks may hate on Riviera, but lotsa more folks seems to be planning to camp out and rope drop the Disneyland DVC. Everything seems to tell DVC it can do whatever it feels like to me.

Not tryin’ to stir the pot, but what would grandfathered owners do if DVC decided at some point they weren’t gonna fix this “known issue” and just said, “So sad. Too bad?” Do old resale owners really have a leg to stand on? Not saying people sound “entitled,” but it seems like some people literally feel their entitled to the perks. I always thought grandfathering was done cuz Disney wants to play nice. I’m wondering because I don’t think the contracts said those perks were forever and could go away whenever Disney decided. I’m really asking what grandfathered owners would do cuz Disney took away all benefits and people still buy resale like it was goin’ outta style. 😂😂 Maybe they know people would complain but like the sky’s fallin’ restrictions on Riviera, owners will just slowly forget and accept it. Some folks may hate on Riviera, but lotsa more folks seems to be planning to camp out and rope drop the Disneyland DVC. Everything seems to tell DVC it can do whatever it feels like to me.

Some have different theories. IMO, they can change the rules and eligibility for membership extras.

Easiest way is to eliminate it and come back with a new program with a different name, and new rules for qualifying for it.

I also think they can amend the current program and make everyone meet the 150 minimum. I think they can tier the benefits too,

So, APs are only for people who own certain number of direct points. But, I don’t think this issue with the digital card is an attempt to take away benefits as there are people who have some direct points and are having issues.

Just an example of a poorly designed system that did not pull in the correct info from the data base that holds membership info and now they can’t figure out how to fix it system wide.

If they were smart, they would simply get rid of the white card on the website, only have the temporary blue card for those eligible, and push this back,,

This way, if you are not eligible, you would have nothing to show CMs for discounts.

You would think if they have the code to show the right color on the temporary card on dvc member site, they would know how to show ND or Y 🤷🏻‍♀️

You would think, right? And when I sold a contract from my Dec UY that was grandfathered in, the system changed blue card to the white identification as soon as the contract left my account.

So, it boggles the mind that this wasn’t an easy migration!

You would think, right? And when I sold a contract from my Dec UY that was grandfathered in, the system changed blue card to the white identification as soon as the contract left my account.

So, it boggles the mind that this wasn’t an easy migration!
Oh, I am sure it has to do with "those are different systems and the one is so old we can't talk to it" and "that code is so old and fragile we can't mess with it for fear we will break everything, we need to refactor it and start over with fresh code that is cleaner, more efficient and better documented" or as I hear it - "I didn't write/invent that code. The programmers before me were idiots. I can do so much of a better job, and I need to prove my worth by putting my fingerprints all over everything", basically NIH (not invented here). "I need to reinvent it to show you how good I am."

We were there 2/6 - 2/12. We had called member services 3 weeks prior our trip to try and get this mess straightened out (DVC ND when we are blue card members). Got the same response as everyone else who is posting here. "We know of the issue and our IT department is working on it". To this I say BULL.

I had our ORIGINAL BLUE card from when we joined in 2009 (by the by, it has no expiration date on it). I also printed off the temporary blue card with a 3/22 expiration date and of course, we unsuccessfully down loaded the digital version which, of course is incorrect. Incidentally, if DVC insists on putting a expiration date on the card, shouldn't it be the end of your contract date? Your contract doesn't expire until then, unless you sell it or quit paying on it.

For experimental purposes, when trying to use the 10% discount, I would start with our original blue member card. Nope. Was told it could be counterfeit. Then I would pull out my phone and show them the digital version...nope. It says ND, no discount. Then, finally I pulled out the printed copy of the temp card. Wahla!!!!!! They liked that one. Another thing we found was there was no constancy to how the castmembers interpreted the cards. One resteraunt would've even examine the card, all the server needed to see was something blue before I even pulled it from my wallet. Others accepted our original card. A couple would only use the digital version.....and even though it had a ND on it, we still got the discount. This mess is just another shining example of something being rolled out before it was ready or tested to meet some manager's timeline to get their yearly bonus.

So,
1) Basically, accused us of trying to use a counterfeit card.
2) Our digital version has the wrong info on it. No good. (by the way, we have tried all the tips and tricks people have suggested to get this thing working right)
3) Temp card works but only till March. We're going back in May so here we go again.

We have tried sending emails to member services and we only get the form letter of "we appreciate your concerns and we are working on this issue", which, in short means, THEY DON'T CARE.

I guess I shouldn't complain though, at least the little Mickey heads spin a different color and make noise when we enter the parks. What a great use of IT's time.

We were there 2/6 - 2/12. We had called member services 3 weeks prior our trip to try and get this mess straightened out (DVC ND when we are blue card members). Got the same response as everyone else who is posting here. "We know of the issue and our IT department is working on it". To this I say BULL.

I had our ORIGINAL BLUE card from when we joined in 2009 (by the by, it has no expiration date on it). I also printed off the temporary blue card with a 3/22 expiration date and of course, we unsuccessfully down loaded the digital version which, of course is incorrect. Incidentally, if DVC insists on putting a expiration date on the card, shouldn't it be the end of your contract date? Your contract doesn't expire until then, unless you sell it or quit paying on it.

For experimental purposes, when trying to use the 10% discount, I would start with our original blue member card. Nope. Was told it could be counterfeit. Then I would pull out my phone and show them the digital version...nope. It says ND, no discount. Then, finally I pulled out the printed copy of the temp card. Wahla!!!!!! They liked that one. Another thing we found was there was no constancy to how the castmembers interpreted the cards. One resteraunt would've even examine the card, all the server needed to see was something blue before I even pulled it from my wallet. Others accepted our original card. A couple would only use the digital version.....and even though it had a ND on it, we still got the discount. This mess is just another shining example of something being rolled out before it was ready or tested to meet some manager's timeline to get their yearly bonus.

So,
1) Basically, accused us of trying to use a counterfeit card.
2) Our digital version has the wrong info on it. No good. (by the way, we have tried all the tips and tricks people have suggested to get this thing working right)
3) Temp card works but only till March. We're going back in May so here we go again.

We have tried sending emails to member services and we only get the form letter of "we appreciate your concerns and we are working on this issue", which, in short means, THEY DON'T CARE.

I guess I shouldn't complain though, at least the little Mickey heads spin a different color and make noise when we enter the parks. What a great use of IT's time.

The temporary card is always good for only a month at a time. If the system has not fixed by then, you will be able to get another one that will be good in May.

From the reports, those will remain until the system is correct for all eligible owners.

I have followed the instructions and tried using the magic mobile link getting as far as add to add Apple wallet. A message of Please try again...Something went wrong adding a pass.

FWIW it took me two days to get my card to download to my wallet. Keep trying. Could be on the disney side, could be on the wallet side. I've had issues with the wallet before, and then later it worked, with other things. My wallet is like a little digital diary. Baseball game tickets, boarding passes, etc. :)

Incidentally, if DVC insists on putting a expiration date on the card, shouldn't it be the end of your contract date? Your contract doesn't expire until then, unless you sell it or quit paying on it.

The contract expires then, but the cards expire earlier. Otherwise you could sell your contract but keep the card and try to get discounts with it.

The contract expires then, but the cards expire earlier. Otherwise you could sell your contract but keep the card and try to get discounts with it.

I suspect this is what drove the whole process. With so many contracts changing hands, many members could have physical cards good for discounts long after their contracts were sold, unless cards were to be mailed out with short expiration windows but that would increase costs, not that the card is so expensive, but mailing and associated printing etc.

Regardless, it’s no excuse for a poor rollout of this new system…

My DH does not have any log ins with any Disney websites. Never had MDE. We had no intentions of calling MS to set up his log in so he can create his own MDE to show his Member ID card since we doubt he will be without me.

But, now, he says he might try golfing (again) with a buddy. Of course, he would like to get a discount. If I don't want to go through the whole process mentioned above, can I just give him my phone for the morning if he should decide to play? His card is in my "wallet" iPhone next to mine.

My DH does not have any log ins with any Disney websites. Never had MDE. We had no intentions of calling MS to set up his log in so he can create his own MDE to show his Member ID card since we doubt he will be without me.

But, now, he says he might try golfing (again) with a buddy. Of course, he would like to get a discount. If I don't want to go through the whole process mentioned above, can I just give him my phone for the morning if he should decide to play? His card is in my "wallet" iPhone next to mine.

Since the answer on the FAQs says if you don’t have a smart phone, you can have anyone on the membership with a smart phone show it for you, I would say yes.

Since the answer on the FAQs says if you don’t have a smart phone, you can have anyone on the membership with a smart phone show it for you, I would say yes.
Wouldn't she have to be there to do that though as she would have to show matching ID? His card might be in the wallet but if he doesn't have any accounts set up then it wouldn't show the DVC Y for him to get the discount on his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter