Digital Membership Cards?

Just for another instance of how up to date these changes are, I'm post 2019 resale that just added on at VGF, and I'm Y as of today. So I have to imagine there are very few "errors" left if I of all people got fixed.

Since they made the change, they have called the blue card an membership card. The white card has Always been membership identification.

So, they have distinguished the two on their end. I have both and my white one is not called a card, and was never issued as one.

We here call it that, but DVC never has.
As of today, I too am a Y!
So, I went to a Y this morning and I am still a Y. However, my wife and 2 DD’s, who are on the same qualifying grandfathered contract, are still ND. So they are not even going by contract. They like to keep us guessing……

So, I went to a Y this morning and I am still a Y. However, my wife and 2 DD’s, who are on the same qualifying grandfathered contract, are still ND. So they are not even going by contract. They like to keep us guessing……
At least I know someone else is out there still waiting with me 😬

Same thing in my house this morning. I was switched to a Y and my husband is still ND - same contract. He has a Samsung and I have an iphone...not sure it has anything to do with it.

Help me out please! I tried reading through pages…. But with 74 im getting lost. I loaded the card to my wallet but this is what my details look like. We have two direct contracts, so shouldn’t there be a Y somewhere? What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Help me out please! I tried reading through pages…. But with 74 im getting lost. I loaded the card to my wallet but this is what my details look like. We have two direct contracts, so shouldn’t there be a Y somewhere? What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?
View attachment 653409
I did this following to “fix” this same issue for me (another user also did the same and said it worked).

First — remove the card from your wallet.

Next — In the MDE app go to your profile / account settings. Remove your cell phone and save settings. Go back into account settings and add the cell phone back and verify it (it took a minute for the verification code to get to me).

Next — Wait a few seconds and go back into MagicMobile. You SHOULD now see the DVC design (and AP if you are an AP). Add the card. It should add to Wallet with the DVC design and any affiliations you have.

Finally — never touch MagicMobile again as I assume it would break the affiliations.
Go to post 43. When there is no ND or Y next to your DVC this seems to correct that fairly repeatedly. You get one or the other.

So how many of us who finally turned to Y are still checking regularly just to make sure we don't turn back to ND? LOL.
I do and hold my breath each time since it was on here or FB that someone reported it went back to ND.

So how many of us who finally turned to Y are still checking regularly just to make sure we don't turn back to ND? LOL.

Mine has always been Y but have checked a few times since I added on direct at VGF!

I was DVC Y for months until yesterday, the first day of my actual DVC vacation. Now I'm DVC Y, ANNUAL.

Except they wouldn't let me renew my annual pass (2 days too late, and they ceased selling annual passes in 2020), then shut down AP sales before I purchased (because I bought tickets and figured I do it all at guest relations when I showed up).

Over the last 24 hours, my wife and I extensively used our DVC discount at WDW.
Main Street Confectionery asked to see the digital wallet AND a photo id. He specifically wanted to see the digital wallet, not the digital blue card.
Shops in the Contemporary and all over MK were satisfied with the digital wallet. For grins, I asked about showing the digital blue card. Two said that would be OK. Four said not OK.
At a sit down restaurant, the waitress heard us discussing the discount and applied it without actually seeing the digital wallet, although I offered to show it to her.

So, long story short... I would have been up a creek without a paddle at 5 of the 7 retail locations if my digital wallet wasn't working. This also shows that some CM's still don't know that the digital wallet is showing the wrong affiliations for a lot of members, and they need to accept the digital blue card. It appears there is still a lack of communication on this issue down to the CM's.

I'm still puzzled why the Confectionery guy wanted to see my Id. I know one used to have to show id with the blue card, but it seems a bit over kill to need it with the digital wallet.

One of the CM's asked what kind of phone I had (Pixel 5G), because she had only ever seen the wallet on an iphone. That was kind of interesting...

I'm still puzzled why the Confectionery guy wanted to see my Id. I know one used to have to show id with the blue card, but it seems a bit over kill to need it with the digital wallet.

One of the CM's asked what kind of phone I had (Pixel 5G), because she had only ever seen the wallet on an iphone. That was kind of interesting...

An owner could download the card to multiple peoples digital wallets if they chose to share. That is why the ID still is needed. It's still just a card only digitized.

We are still checking regularly as it still doesn’t seem to be fixed for us, we keep getting switched between Y and ND. After being Y for the last week or so, I decided to check today and low and behold it has turned to ND again….

An owner could download the card to multiple peoples digital wallets if they chose to share. That is why the ID still is needed. It's still just a card only digitized.
They would also run the risk of possibly having any tickets linked to their MDE profile used by someone else also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter