Dilemma Please Help

GoofyinNYC

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disney in October with my girlfriend of 5 years. This is my first time going to WDW ever in my life. It is her millionth time I would say! She always wanted me to go and she is taking me for my 30th birthday and her 25th.

Here is the dilemma. I want to propose. I want to surprise her. However, I think it will be difficult to pull off a surprise. Everything is in her name: airflight, hotel, etc. I am a newbie to Disney and do not know what to plan, where to go, etc. I want to make it so special for her. Does Disney do anything for special events? How would I go about telling them my plans without her knowing?

I have so many questions I don't know where to start. We are staying at the Coronado Resort. That's pretty much all I know. She gave me pictures of hotels and let me decide!

PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would call and make PSR at CRT for dinner when you do call let them know what you are planning to do. See if they can seat you close to a window to see the fireworks and pop the question. Good Luck and God bless.
What ever you do she will remember it for the rest of her life. :love:

See there is a problem. She is going to handle all the reservations for eating and our itineraries (what parks we visit on which day). She is so complicated!! :rolleyes: She is extremely organized! Can I cancel one of her reservations?
I was thinking of maybe proposing the plane ride down at takeoff? She hates flying, maybe that would put her at ease. Then we both could enjoy the vacation as an engaged couple.
I do not know at this point, obviouslt I need help!! :confused3

I replied to your post but don't know what happened to it? :confused3

You cannot cancel one of her priority seating arrangements, or amend it. However, you can make one of your own, if you have her schedule and see that she may not have completely booked everything. When you call, explain your situation to the castmember and see what they suggest.

Good luck and Congratulations!

Congrats!! How exciting!!! You might want to check out giftsofalifetime.com. I haven't ever used them before, but I am considering using them for my daughters birthday. Check it out

athenna said:
I replied to your post but don't know what happened to it? :confused3
I accidentally posted on two boards! :sad2: Yours is on the other one. Maybe moderators can combine the two! I told you I was hopeless!

:rotfl: No problem, we were all new once :) I saw it on the other forum.

i've heard of others proposing outside cinderella castle at magic kingdom in the rose garden, near the wishing well, on mainstreet usa with the castle in the background or during the mk fireworks. you could ask to take a picture with a disney photographer *let him in on your plan*then kneel down & propose, then you would also have a picture of this magical moment. another dis member did this & the picture is just beautiful.

another romantic event you could book in the evening would be a specialty firework cruise for either wishes at magic kingdom or illuminations at epcot. you can book this at 407-wdw-play. they have pontoons $140 & the grand1 yacht $350 for rent from the grand floridian marina (near mk) which will also make pick up's by request from the contemporary, polynesian, wilderness lodge & ft wilderness. they also have pontoons $140 & the breathless $180 for rent from the yacht club marina (near ep) which will also make pick up's by request from the boardwalk inn. that would be romantic proposing under the fireworks.

you might want to contact giftsofalifetime.com which has a special i love you event questionerre ?sp & could maybe assist you with a special event.

no matter what you do this will be enchanting at wdw, best of luck!

WOW - A propasal at WDW! that will be memorable. I have a few ideas

1. You know were you are staying - you could have flowers in te room when you arrive - LOTS OF FLOWERS maybe even a few balloons - anyway since she thinks this trip is all about birthdays she won't think anything about it let her walk into the room first see all the flowers/ballons and when she turns to thank you be down on one knee!

2. After she makes all the priorty seatings ask her if you can peak at it - once you know which day is which restaurant - choose the restuarant you want to pop the ? in and after being seated excuse yourself to go to the "bathroom" then go to the host/hostess and ask for some help - At Epcot at the Italy rest. they have waiters that will sing to you -- or you could have them bring out the ring w/dessert - Disney Cast members are VERY HELPFUL.

3. After you get checked in go down to guest services and ask for help - if you have the priorty seating schedule they may be able to assist you.

4. Does dhe have a favorite character, ride,park? You could be on say Splash Mountain and propose?

Personally - i like my first idea

Congrats!
Sue :goodvibes

twojo21 said:
i've heard of others proposing outside cinderella castle at magic kingdom in the rose garden, near the wishing well, on mainstreet usa with the castle in the background or during the mk fireworks. you could ask to take a picture with a disney photographer *let him in on your plan*then kneel down & propose, then you would also have a picture of this magical moment. another dis member did this & the picture is just beautiful.

I love this idea! For some reason, just thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. What I like about it is that it is intimate, only the photographer there as a witness,(I know there will probably be other people around, but in my mind I see only the two of them) and a picture in front of the castle at the exact proposal moment....priceless. Good luck making your decision.

Ooh, how exciting, proposing in Disney! To tell you the truth, I got all teary-eyed reading all the responses. That's what I get for being a hopeless romantic, I guess. :)

I like the idea of doing it right in front of Cinderella's Castle, but I have another idea that I saw on TV. I dunno if you can do this or not, but maybe you can ask one of the cast members if they can spell out her name & "Will you marry me?" during one of the fireworks shows. Good luck on making your descision. :earsgirl:

I think that proposing in front of Cinderella's Castle is awesome. Personally, I don't care for the proposal on the plane - I think this is a private moment for two people (and a photographer) to share.

As someone who is also terrified of flying, I would definitely suggest that you DON'T try anything like that until you're both on the ground again hahaha... hard to explain, but trust me on this one...

Besides, there are tons more romantic ways to do it once you've begun your holiday and you're both a little more relaxed and settled in for a great holiday!

Ok i think in front of the castle is the best place to do it too.. Any one can do it at a resturant ..You want it to be soooo magical... I would say to your gf that she is planning everything is all you ask for is to go to magic kingdon on the first day you arrive ..Youve been reading and reading stuff on the puter and you want the most romantic place to be first...Then all you got to do is wait till the fireworks start.. Ask when you get there where the best place would be and get the photographer to be ready ..Wont take a whole lot of planning ..Just ask any cm when she goes to the bathroom or in a shop...
This way you dont have to worry about finding out all the ressys and time and you wont have all that on your shoulders.. All you have to do is ask when you first get there and the cms should help you out and maybe even give you some ideas ......Then the rest of your vacation you can be engaged.... Ok thats my 2 sence ..lol....BEST OF LUCK ...She will be sooo surprised and it will be the most magical evening shell remember always .... :love:

I removed my posts b/c I guess they were bad idea's. Sorry, thought I could help as I was never proposed to in any romantic way, so I just posted what I would have liked. I was proposed to in a car in front of my mothers house, he didn't have a ring and he wasn't on one knee. He just said "would you marry me before you leave for boot camp?" and that was that. Sorry, will not post on the string again good luck in whatever you choose.

I love this idea, but when I told my four year old son, he did not think so. He said "Yeah, if he does that they might have to live there" in a very serious voice.
Sounds good too me - I really like the idea of getting a picture of the moment. There are photographer at the entrance of each park. If you have the ring with you I can't imagine them not taking a quick picture if you propose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter