Dilemma. What woould you do?

mkutch

Can't get enough of Disney
Hi Everybody!
This is our first trip to DL with us and the kids. We are currently booked at Howard Johnson's with a theme park view. Friends of ours are staying at the Fairfield nearby. My husband wants us to switch to the Fairfield b/c it is cheaper and we would be with our friends. I am leaning towards staying at HoJo's b/c of the view. We have a 1 and 3 yr old and sometimes have to go back to the room before the fireworks. I thought with a theme park view we could watch them from the room. Am I horrible? What would you do? :confused3

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

I would encourage your friends to stay at the HoJo - it's a nicer hotel. Besides nice grounds, rooms, and a great staff, they have a couple of nice pools, and a great splash area for toddlers. The Fairfield is "next door" - so isn't far off.

You can see the fireworks from the Fairfield as long as you have a room facing the park.

I have not experience with either hotel. But one plus is that the Fairfield is closer to the parks then the Hojo. If the "theme park view" is important to you then stay at the Hojo. If price and a shorter walk is important then move.

I stayed at HoJo, and it really is next door to the Fairfield... you only have to cross Mimi's Cafe parking lot and you're there. I absolutely loved everything about the Howard Johnson, especially the staff. Friendly and helpful. The gift shop is also a plus. If you don't mind walking back and forth between hotels to meet your friends, I'd say, stay at HoJo's. :)

You will enjoy HoJo better. The rooms at Fairfield are really small. With 2 little ones, you'll enjoy the extra space. Plus you'll feel at ease letting them play in the sprinkler and wading pool at HoJo, it is very baby friendly.

Fairfield offered us Charater meals with our package and was a little cheaper but I really wanted a Disney View. I have been booked for one by our travel agent. They do exist. I belong to a parentling board a woman and her family just stayed there and they had a view room. She said they could see the fireworks at night. And she said the 3rd floor snack option was great for grabbing a few sandwichs.

Here's another vote for the HoJo. The walk is 3-4 minutes farther, NOT a big deal. The HoJo has bigger rooms, better pool area - especially for little ones, nicer grounds, better staff, etc... I could go on and on.

IMO you should keep your spot at HoJo.

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great!

Go to tripadvisor.com and compare reviews of the two hotels.

My opinion - stay at Hojo's
No one ever regrets it, it is a great place all around :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter