Dina's and Peter's MAGIC(al) second - January 2022 5 night MDAS

Has DCL always done Champagne tastings on embarkation day I wonder? I don’t drink but if I did seems like an excellent way to kick off a cruise especially right now when the large deck party is out.

I find the drinks on board delicious and not overloaded with alcohol. Additionally, I think the lack of an all-you-can-drink package discourages the pursuit of a "booze cruise" type experience. IMHO, all of this results in a more enjoyable and relaxed experience for me than other cruises. Enough to celebrate, but not enough to infringe on anyone else's celebration.

Yay more updates! Thanks!!

You're welcome! Hope to have more up today!

I am loving your post! I too am a nurse and our stories the last 2 years sound very similar. I also live in St Louis, Go Billikens (LOL:) We leave on Saturday on the 5 night double dip cruise. It is my 7th grade daughter and I, cannot wait! please keep your review going, it has been awesome!

Thanks so much for following and for your words of encouragement! Congratulations on the St. Louis win on January 15th, lol.

I'm jealous your cruise is coming up so soon! I hope you and your daughter have an amazing time on that double dip!

Has DCL always done Champagne tastings on embarkation day I wonder? I don’t drink but if I did seems like an excellent way to kick off a cruise especially right now when the large deck party is out.

I know trip reports take time but definitely enjoying your writing style so keep it coming as you have time. I’m using it to make it through until our next cruise end of April. 😀We are getting close enough to be excited and think about it but far enough it still feels like forever.

I'm not sure if DCL has always done Champagne tastings on embarkation day, as this was only our second cruise. For our first one, we were looking forward to the sail away deck party (which we didn't get anyway due to weather), and would not have considered booking anything else in that general time frame. Now that we have done it, we could see making it a tradition. When the deck party comes back, though, we will try to experience that some time, too.

Thanks for following and for your words of encouragment! I'm sure you will have an amazing time in April!

I find the drinks on board delicious and not overloaded with alcohol. Additionally, I think the lack of an all-you-can-drink package discourages the pursuit of a "booze cruise" type experience. IMHO, all of this results in a more enjoyable and relaxed experience for me than other cruises. Enough to celebrate, but not enough to infringe on anyone else's celebration.

Also the drinks are very reasonable in price compared to WDW and other cruise lines. The drink of the day is around $6, and we took advantage of some especially great deals during happy hours at the various bars (30% off). We aren't huge drinkers, but enjoy a variety of cocktails while on vacation. We indulged as we wished and came away with what we consider a very reasonable bar bill.

Monday, January 17, 2022 - Sail-away!

Here is where I want to emphasize...if you are worried about sailing away from Miami as opposed to Port Canaveral, because you might not have that same "Disney" experience...please don't worry!! Will you be able to see the model of the Disney Magic inside the terminal or walk through the ears on your way to the ship? Well, no. BUT!

There are so many other advantages of sailing out of Miami! I have previously discussed that Miami has A LOT to offer. If you think of it as a port to experience, and not just as an embarkation point, there are endless possibilities. If, on the other hand, you decide to just think of it as an embarkation point...

The port is a short, easy ride to and from the airport, MUCH easier than PC. There are hundreds of options of where to stay in any budget, close to the airport, close to the beach, next to the port...all easy, inexpensive rides from the ship.

And finally, you just can't beat the views! Following is our photo essay of our sail-away.

Just off the dock at 5:10 pm, we passed my personal favorite Royal Caribbean ship (not that I've sailed on too many)

20220117_171033.jpg

Sadly, Peter and I had 2 cruises scheduled on her, though technically it was the same cruise rescheduled. We were supposed to do the Southern Caribbean route out of San Juan...twice. Twice canceled. We still hope to do that route some day, but it looks like it won't be on Freedom of the Seas, since she's now apparently based in Miami.

20220117_171330.jpg

20220117_171337.jpg

Photo below: Another DCL ship out at sea but very close to port Miami.
20220117_171348.jpg

Knowing what I thought I knew about the DCL itineraries, I just couldn't figure which ship that could be, but it was distinctively a Disney ship. Later came to find out, IIRC, that it was the Fantasy, and the reason she was pasing Port Miami at that time was that she couldn't make it in to Castaway Cay that day due to high winds. So sorry sailing friends! We know that feeling!

20220117_171635.jpg

20220117_171709.jpg

20220117_171920.jpg

South Beach and the pier we had walked along the day before:
20220117_172230.jpg

20220117_172801.jpg

Bye-bye Miami! See you in 5 days! Good night, sun! See you in the morning! 5:38 pm
20220117_173823.jpg

There's so much to see, it was hard to decide where to look. This is easily one of the most beautiful sail-aways!

Last edited:
Monday, January 17, 2022 - Sail-away continued and Tangled

Here are a just few more sail-away shots from Peter's camera

The relatively recently Royal Amped Freedom of the Seas, time-stamped 5:08 pm.
20220117_170854.jpg

20220117_171250.jpg

20220117_171641.jpg

20220117_172200.jpg

5:22 pm
20220117_172256.jpg

As the sun was setting, we realized it was time for Tangled, the Musical! So we headed down to the Walt Disney Theater for the show. On the way down, we ran into some lovely friends:

princesses01.jpg

princesses02.jpg

We had no idea how crowded the theater would be and were starting to think maybe we should have gotten there earlier, but we were right on time for some seats toward the back

20220117_180118.jpg

What an amazing show!! There was a scene toward the end when the curtain suddenly came down and there was an announcement that they were experiencing technical difficulties. We got nervous...I had read that on one particular sailing of the Fantasy, there were "technical difficulties" and all of the theater shows were canceled. So I was like...sudden covid?! No more shows?! But after about 5 minutes, the curtain came back up and the show continued.

Other than the short technical difficulty, Tangled was amazing! It's hard to believe what they can accomplish on a cruise ship! The talent of the cast, the quality of the sets, just outstanding.

After the show we headed back to the stateroom to freshen up and get ready for dinner. Even though it is not required, Peter likes to wear a jacket and tie for the dining rooms. In the stateroom, we found this:
20220117_192429.jpg

Our host had already prepped our room for the night and left us these little treats and this adorable crab.

Up next, dinner at Rapunzel's Royal Table

Last edited:

"Sadly, Peter and I had 2 cruises scheduled on her, though technically it was the same cruise rescheduled. We were supposed to do the Southern Caribbean route out of San Juan...twice. Twice canceled. We still hope to do that route some day, but it looks like it won't be on Freedom of the Seas, since she's now apparently based in Miami."

So our last cruise was the Adventure of the Seas out if San Juan in March 2017. She was just redone then and this was the cruise that put RCCL way ahead of DISNEY to my then 8 and 18 year old kiddos as well as us. They are apples to oranges but it was a fantastic cruise, super port heavy and we LOVED San Juan. I hope you get to experience it someday!

Monday, January 17, 2022 - Sail-away continued and Tangled

After the show we headed back to the stateroom to freshen up and get ready for dinner. Even though it is not required, Peter likes to wear a jacket and tie for the dining rooms. In the stateroom, we found this:

It doesn't take an extensive wardrobe to do this. I pack 1 blue sport coat, 1 pair khaki pants, 1 pair grey pants, 1 white shirt and 1 blue shirt. All of that fits neatly and compactly in 2 Eagle Creek packing boards. What makes the difference is I also pack a flat tie case for as many different bowties (self tie is actually quite easy once you get the hang of it) as there are dining nights. Dina made great efforts to plan a special trip. I figure I can put in a little effort to make it special for her.

"Sadly, Peter and I had 2 cruises scheduled on her, though technically it was the same cruise rescheduled. We were supposed to do the Southern Caribbean route out of San Juan...twice. Twice canceled. We still hope to do that route some day, but it looks like it won't be on Freedom of the Seas, since she's now apparently based in Miami."

So our last cruise was the Adventure of the Seas out if San Juan in March 2017. She was just redone then and this was the cruise that put RCCL way ahead of DISNEY to my then 8 and 18 year old kiddos as well as us. They are apples to oranges but it was a fantastic cruise, super port heavy and we LOVED San Juan. I hope you get to experience it someday!
Love your report! We are thinking of going out of Miami on the dream at some point so very helpful. We went on Serenade of the seas southern for our honeymoon. It was great everyday was a new port and only the last day was at sea. We really liked st. Kitts, Dominica, and Barbados. I’d love to do it again but my husband was not crazy about Puerto Rico.

I did the southern route with our kids in May 2019 on Freedom, but Peter had to stay home for work. So I KNOW how amazing it is, and I so badly want to share that gorgeous experience with him! We (kids and I) also spent 2 days in San Juan prior to the cruise, which was amazing! Our route was the "voyage of the Saints," not the one with Aruba and Curacao.

I agree that comparing RCCL to DCL is apples to oranges. I have been on 3 Royal cruises so far, and enjoyed all of them, but I have to say that they were all different from each other. RCCL offers so many more ship types and sizes, and so many more routes than DCL. Generally, there is so much more variety from Royal Caribbean! For me it's just as hard to compare Freedom in the southern Caribbean to Anthem NY to Bermuda, as it is to compare RCCL to DCL, if you know what I mean? It is worth noting that the breathtaking 7 night southern Caribbean itinerary for 3 adults cost about the same as 2 adults for 5 days on the Magic to the Bahamas. I have no regrets for any dime spent on either cruise line, but for comparison's sake, the difference in price has to be stated. For people on the fence, I think it's worth trying both at least once. We find a value to the DCL experience that we haven't found on other lines. For us, it's mostly about the feels. Will all of our cruises be on DCL? Nope. There's plenty of value, fun and luxury elsewhere too!

Anyway, you mentioned Adventure of the Seas, and I happened to notice that NY has Adventure to Bermuda this summer...that's I ship we haven't tried yet...

Thanks for sticking with my report! I appreciate your comments!

Love your report! We are thinking of going out of Miami on the dream at some point so very helpful. We went on Serenade of the seas southern for our honeymoon. It was great everyday was a new port and only the last day was at sea. We really liked st. Kitts, Dominica, and Barbados. I’d love to do it again but my husband was not crazy about Puerto Rico.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm glad you're loving the report!

When we got home from this cruise, I immediately started shopping itineraries for our placeholder. I noticed that there are actually a few 7-day itineraries on the Dream out of Miami that do Eastern or Western Caribbean and also stop at CC. These would be in April of 2023. The thing is, the Dream is still on the bucket list, we love 7 day cruises, AND it includes CC AND Miami?! I don't want to spoil anything, but we MAY have chosen one of those...?

I had amazing days in both St. Kitts (private tour) and Barbados (catamaran sail) with my adult kids in May 2019. Our itinerary didn't include Dominica. We loved San Juan, but I know if you can swing a little bit longer cruise (8-11 nights instead of 7), some of the main lines offer nice Southern itineraries from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I've been searching for sailings out of San Juan during times when we could get away and I'm not finding anything even available.

Monday, January 17, 2022 - Dinner at Rapunzel's Royal Table

As this was our first cruise on the Magic, it was also our first dinner at Rapunzel's Royal Table!

We ran into some friends in the Atrium on our way to dinner, and Mickey was very excited to see Peter's tie.
20220117_195318.jpg

By the way, jacket and tie are not required, in fact every day dress code for our 5-night cruise was "cruise casual," but Peter enjoys getting dressed up for dinner on cruises! And he looks dreamy!

We shopped around a bit in the stores, and then headed to dinner.

Our seating time was 8:15 and there was literally nobody else at the entrance to the restaurant, but many others were already seated. Seating times are staggered to prevent bottle necks.

This restaurant is gorgeous!
20220117_210013.jpg

we love the chairs and the place settings.
20220117_202240.jpg

20220117_202244.jpg

We were seated by ourselves at a 4-top, and immediately met our Server Melroy from India, Assistant Server Thiago from Brazil, and Head Server Dogan from Turkey. They were all outstanding!

A mustard/mayo type dip and butter came with the bread service here
20220117_202805.jpg

Pretzel bread and rolls. The pretzel bread was fine...not as great as the ones we've had in WDW
20220117_202818.jpg

We ordered the Ravioli (which was filled with beef and portobello mushrooms with delicious red wine reduction)
20220117_203556.jpg

Really delicious fried shrimp - this thing was about the size of my fist! (pea puree, pea shoots, fried potato, pancetta, lemon tarragon caper mayonnaise)
20220117_203549.jpg

Strangest wedge salad ever, but somehow it worked. Romaine Wedge Salad with "hot" smoked salmon (raspberries, brie, candied pecans, lemon-parsley dressing)
20220117_204307.jpg

Potato Cream Soup (carrots, celery, leeks, knockwurst)
20220117_204319.jpg

out of photo space to be continued

Monday, January 17, 2022 - Dinner at Rapunzel's continued

There were entertaining shenanigans throughout dinner and we really enjoyed them. I couldn't get great pictures, I'm not sure why? Maybe the Champagne Tasting was catching up to me LOL. There are a few numbers up on the small stage and also a lantern parade done by the servers that is simply beautiful.
20220117_204951.jpg

We were drinking diet cola and water with lemon during dinner, and our glasses were never empty of either thanks to Thiago!

Main Courses

I chose the Tangled Pasta (angel hair, pesto, carmelized sea scallops, roasted tomatoes, sun-dried tomato tapenade).
20220117_210451.jpg

It was so cute and clever how it was plated to look like Rapunzel's hair. It was delicious but the pasta needed a little seasoning. Just a little more salt and lemon. Fortunately, we had access to both. I don't know if it's just me, but this was a theme for the food on this cruise. Almost everything needed just a little more salt and something. Perhaps they don't use too much salt for people with health concerns? I'd rather a dish come out with not enough salt, so I can season it to taste, than receive something that's too salty. For me, anyway, it's hard to do too salty. I don't usually order the pasta dish, but did so on Melroy's recommendation, and he did not steer me wrong. I would order this again.

Peter chose the "Flynn Rider Platter" (basically pork 3 ways - grilled smoked pork loin, roasted smoked pork belly, bockwurst- with red cabbage, fried potato dumpling, wine au jus)
20220117_210458.jpg

He LOVED this. I tasted everything on the plate and found it quite good as well, but this whole plate is really Peter's thing, he loves German food and this really hit the spot for him!

Peter ordered coffee and I ordered peppermint tea with dessert. I was pretty sure the coffee would be the same as the coffee in Cabanas, so I resolved to avoid it. When it came, Peter was like...eeew! I said, what did you expect?! He said "why didn't you remind me?!" Haha.

We went with Melroy's recommendations for dessert.

Warm Braided Apple Strudel (with vanilla sauce and butter pecan ice cream)
20220117_212427.jpg

So good! The ice cream was the best part!

Peter went with the signature dessert, the Black Forest Tower (rich chocolate cream, cherry compote, chocolate cake)
20220117_212434.jpg

This was just meh. I'm sure it would be scrummy to others with different tastes, but it just wasn't our thing. I think the chocolate cream was mousse? I'm not a fan of mousse. And Peter wanted black forest cake, but this definitely wasn't that. We know we could have ordered something else. But we were too full!!

Looking back now, I realize I really missed having the paper menu. If I had had a paper menu, I never would have not ordered that birthday cupcake sundae. Somehow with everything on a phone screen, it was too hard to read every menu item and I just glanced over it. Oh, well, we'll have to sail on the Magic again soon! If for no other reason than I want a birthday cake sundae.

20220117_214253.jpg

We finished dinner around 9:30 and decided to turn in early. We were pooped out, and wanted to hit the island nice and early next day.

Up next, Castaway Cay

Last edited:
I’ve only sailed out of Miami and San Diego both of which have awesome sail away scenery. Glad you enjoyed Miami! Wonder if I’ll be disappointed sailing out of Port Canaveral next?

I loved Rapunzels! We were there for pirate night, normal menu but I was dressed in my preferred formal wear, that of a successful sea dog 😀! Led to some great pictures. Glad you had a good experience there! I have to say the Mickey bow tie is a nice touch.

Wonder if I’ll be disappointed sailing out of Port Canaveral next?

I have to say the Mickey bow tie is a nice touch.

Thanks for the bowtie compliment. They pack easier than regular ties and NEVER fall into the sauce on the plate like I've "heard" regular ties can :rolleyes1....

We loved Port Canaveral in that we chose to turn it into an opportunity to stay near and explore Disney Springs. Great choice for us. I would do that again in a heartbeat.

Enjoying your report!! While reading your description of the Tangled Pasta I wondered why I didn't order it when we ate at RRT, because it looks delicious. Then I got to Peter's dinner and remembered, oh right. Because I ordered the same thing and it was my favorite meal of the cruise.

I just found your report. Loving it. My best friend is a Nurse and my nephew manages the Infectious Disease Unit at a large city Public Health. If only all healthcare workers could be given a cruise for their hard work and dedication! DSis and I booked a cruise(our first) to Alaska on the Wonder for July. We are so excited. We booked Alaska so we could fly into Vancouver the night before we sail and hide in our hotel until embarkation. I hope port testing will be gone by then. We share a farm and have been reclusive throughout Covid so this will be a sort of "entree" back into society for us! I read snippets of your report to my sis while she reads, very annoying usually but she's loving learning about cruising.
Anyway we are both learning great stuff. Looking forward to more!

I just found your report. Loving it. My best friend is a Nurse and my nephew manages the Infectious Disease Unit at a large city Public Health. If only all healthcare workers could be given a cruise for their hard work and dedication! DSis and I booked a cruise(our first) to Alaska on the Wonder for July. We are so excited. We booked Alaska so we could fly into Vancouver the night before we sail and hide in our hotel until embarkation. I hope port testing will be gone by then. We share a farm and have been reclusive throughout Covid so this will be a sort of "entree" back into society for us! I read snippets of your report to my sis while she reads, very annoying usually but she's loving learning about cruising.
We cruised to Alaska on Holland America and it was life-changing for me. The absolute beauty of that land was breath-taking and humbling, imparting a first-hand experience to the majesty of nature that I will never forget. Also, the whiskey sours were excellent, lol.

I’ve only sailed out of Miami and San Diego both of which have awesome sail away scenery. Glad you enjoyed Miami! Wonder if I’ll be disappointed sailing out of Port Canaveral next?

I loved Rapunzels! We were there for pirate night, normal menu but I was dressed in my preferred formal wear, that of a successful sea dog 😀! Led to some great pictures. Glad you had a good experience there! I have to say the Mickey bow tie is a nice touch.
I'd love to do a cruise out of San Diego some day. We love that city! Would also enjoy seeing some great successful sea dog pictures!! Peter and I dressed up full-blown pirate on our last cruise, but this time, with all the uncertainty, we decided to pack light.

I doubt you will be disappointed in Port Canaveral. There's plenty to do there if you decide to make a port out of it, and the Disney touches in the terminal are nice. The scenery though is definitely not as breathtaking as Miami.

Thanks for the bowtie compliment. They pack easier than regular ties and NEVER fall into the sauce on the plate like I've "heard" regular ties can :rolleyes1....

We loved Port Canaveral in that we chose to turn it into an opportunity to stay near and explore Disney Springs. Great choice for us. I would do that again in a heartbeat.

Loved our evening in Disney Springs! There's also the Space Center, Cocoa Beach and even Vero Beach, if one wanted to branch out.

Enjoying your report!! While reading your description of the Tangled Pasta I wondered why I didn't order it when we ate at RRT, because it looks delicious. Then I got to Peter's dinner and remembered, oh right. Because I ordered the same thing and it was my favorite meal of the cruise.

Lol that platter was special, right?! Did you try the birthday cake sundae? Oh how I wish I could have one of those now!

Thanks for reading and joining the thread! I really appreciate you doing so.

Thanks so much for reading and commenting on my report! I'm so glad to hear you are loving it.

Wouldn't it be great for healthcare workers to be gifted a cruise? Maybe I'll campaign for that at the hospital! Haha, my coworkers all have really conflicting emotions about cruising right now, and many of my friends called me crazy to cruise during the peak of omicron. You know, half my coworkers got sick just being home and coming to work...regular life...so what the heck, I might as well be on a cruise?! At least, that was my thinking.

You are in for such a treat with Alaska out of Vancouver on the Wonder. Alaska is truly special and I hear the Disney Wonder in Alaska is just amazing. As Peter mentioned, we did a similar itinerary on HAL and it was just magnificent. Would do that again in a heartbeat. I hope that by the time it's Alaska season, the threat of Covid will be extremely small and nobody will have to test at the port anymore. If that's the case, can you consider adding a day or two in Vancouver? We did some sight-seeing there and found it a spectacular city! I will look for your report when you return!

We cruised to Alaska on Holland America and it was life-changing for me. The absolute beauty of that land was breath-taking and humbling, imparting a first-hand experience to the majesty of nature that I will never forget. Also, the whiskey sours were excellent, lol.

Yes, remember Alaska?! Weird...I don't remember whiskey sours. Did I have too many?

Tuesday, January 18, 2022 - Castaway Cay

We woke up at 7 to my phone alarm and quickly dressed for a beach day, in hopes we would actually be able to dock at Castaway Cay for our first time on the island. It didn't feel like a sure bet from the wind we had experienced the previous and by the way in which the waves appeared a bit choppy from our verandah. Here is Peter gazing wistfully at Castaway Cay.
magicstateroom17.jpg

This is what he saw!
20220118_072840 (2).jpg

Honestly, though the sky looked more promising for a sunny day, the wind and the water seemed more hostile to docking than they did on that fateful day two years earlier when we were unable to dock here on the Fantasy.

We were able sign up for the virtual cue in the DCL app before we even left the room, and we got an estimated disembarkation time between 0830 and 0845. IIRC, the virtual cue opened at 0700, which may be why I set my alarm for that specific time. We got push notifications the night before that we could join the virtual cue to leave the ship at a certain time. It was all very easy and organized...one good thing about the app.

We went to grab some breakfast, hopeful, but still not entirely convinced, that we would be enjoying CC that day.

Every good breakfast requires a great cup of coffee, so our first stop was, of course, Cove Cafe. I had watched and read about the famous Coconut Caramel Latte, so I figured then was an opportune time to taste one. When Peter heard me order mine, it sounded so tempting he decided to make it two! We also got our repeat customer card with our first two punches.

cove09.jpg

cove10.jpg

The character art on the lattes is so flippin' cute! We usually take our coffee black, so this was a big change for us, but a very welcomed one. Such a vacation treat! Living our cruise lives, we were!

While the drinks at Cove Cafe are an up-charge, the food is all included. We grabbed a few chocolate pillow danishes, which are essentially chocolate croissants, because...how could we not?
cove08.jpg

They have select danishes out all day, and in the past, Cove Cafe has also offered a small selection of appetizers in the early evening hours (like charcuterie, cheese, olives), around when the Signals Bar would have Happy Hour. I popped in a few times during that window on this cruise and didn't find any savory treats. I hope they bring them back! The pastries we tried were all good, but I think they're the same things offered in Cabanas and the Dining Rooms (I don't ever eat pastries in those venues, though, so please correct me if I'm wrong).

We sat outside Cove for a few minutes and enjoyed our lattes and pastries, and then it was time for second breakfast in Cabanas.

I grabbed a Mickey Churro, because 1. it's Mickey, 2. there were no Mickey Waffles, and 3. I love churros. It was delicious, and much better than a Mickey Waffle in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, Mickey Waffles are amazing, especially on DCL. But I prefer churros to waffles, so this thing was made for me. I also went for a ham, cheese and egg croissant. Cabanas offers a different pre-assembled breakfast sandwich each morning, and that day, it was this. I'm a big fan of breakfast sammies, and this one was good. The croissant was a bit dry, I'm guessing from sitting under the heat lamp?
20220118_075452.jpg

Peter likes a nice full English breakfast, and Cabanas offers most of the things. I'm noticing he has no black pudding or mushrooms on his plate. Since I wasn't looking, I'm not sure if they were not there, or if he just wasn't in the mood for them that day.
20220118_075457.jpg

Peter also loves his Cream of Wheat.

20220118_075500.jpg

As we were enjoying our breakfast, we were able hear the captain announce that we had successfully docked at CC and that the crew were working on the necessary tasks to enable us to begin going ashore. Very exciting!

We stopped back at the stateroom really quick to grab our stuff and headed down to deck one to disembark. Here we learned that we would need photo ID to return to the ship. I'm so glad they told us this because, duh! I hadn't even thought about that! I was thinking that the island was really and extension of the ship and all we would need was our room key. But no, we were in the Bahamas, a foreign country, and we would need at least a driver's license to get back on board. So I headed back up to the stateroom to grab my license (which nobody ever looked at when we got back on the ship, by the way). I was so anxious to get onto Castaway Cay, it felt like forever going back up to deck 7 for my license bout in reality, it took about 10 minutes. We were on the beautiful shores of Castaway Cay by 0850.

It was a picture-perfect, stunningly gorgeous day in Castaway Cay, with bright sun, and occasional puffy clouds.
20220118_085108.jpg

We stopped briefly in the shops to check out the merchandise, because we had heard the CC merch can only be found on the island, and it can sell out fast, so we wanted first crack at it. We learned that a few items that interested us were not available in our sizes, boohoo. Then we jumped on the tram to Serenity Bay. Perhaps it was a mistake on this breezy day to hit SB beach so early, because that is a windward beach. It was chilly and breezy there on that morning, and the sun was not yet quite high enough in the sky to clear the palm trees lining the beach.

Here is Peter trying to stay comfortable on Serenity Bay at 0921.
castaway01.jpg

Fortunately, the day would warm up, even at Serenity Bay, and we would be able to relax!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter