Dine w/ Shamu

NavyDotz

Disney & Doughboy- so that's where all my money we
Has anyone done this?

if you haven't done it when you went to SW did you see the area where it takes place?

This last June we did it. The food was a much higher caliber than I expected, only draw back is it was buffet and you had a long line but it did move quickly & they kept bringing the food out as it disappearred.

We had the 2nd best seat in the house! It was a great view, we learned a lot of neat things and got some great pics. If the kids are young, I recommend this. One was 23 mos - could've cared less, my 8 yo enjoyed herself.

You can see the whales from the side outside the area, tho not very well if I remember correctly. There is also a viewing area below where you can see them swim by, it can get crowded there.

HTH! :)

We did it a few years ago and loved it! The food was great and you are right there with the whales. My niece was 4 at the time and had the time of her life!!!

We've done both Dine with Shamu & in Aug did Lunch with Shamu. My son 10 loves it. The food is very good. At the lunch one of the whales did a belly flop that wasn't planned and several tables got a real good soaking. The kids loved it. The staff was out with towels & because it's a buffet you can go back and fill up your plate. Very good. Worth the money? Well I wouldn't do it every trip. There is also a breakfast w/Shamu.

I did it a few years ago. It was fun and teh desserts were great. Very entertaining watching the whales while you eat.

We did it in May with DD's 2, 4, and it was worth every penny. We did the lunch and got the table right next to the perching platform where Shamu comes out of the water to pose and get fed. It was great.

The trainer talks about the whales and then they have the whale do some tricks that you'd see in the big shows. It was great. We never went to the Shamu show because we figured out girls had already seen all the "tricks". I know that's not true, but for them, it was a close up show, and a better experience seeing the whales than in the show arena.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter