Dining Advice for Rookies

okduke

Mouseketeer
We're attending WDW for 1st time in Sept during the DDP special. I'd appreciate some of the Disney experts opinions about our dining itinerary.

EPCOT Le Cellier's (ADR), MGM CS @ Toy Story Pizza Planet, 50's Prime Time Cafe (ADR), Magic Kingom Breakfast at Cinderella Royal Table, CS either Cosmic Rays or Harbour House, Liberty Tree Tavern (ADR), Animal Kingdom CS at Tusker House, and we have ADR for Ohana.

We have a couple of spots to fill as we decide what we want to do. Thinking about Boma, Marrekesh, Chef Mickey's, Alfredo's and others. Any advice on what we're missing out on. Should we drop one that we have to pick up another. Opinion's appreciated. Thanks.

I'm partial to Crystal Palace at MK. The food is outstanding even though it's a buffet and the restaurant is really nice.

I have heard great things about Chef Mickey's. We are trying breakfast there for our trip in September. Have you made your ressies? Last year I made our ressie for dinner time really early, ie- 4:30 or 5pm. That was too early for us as we had already enjoyed a huge lunch around 1 or 1:30, we were still stuffed from lunch. This year I made our ressie for a later time, at 6:30 pm instead- that will give our stomachs a chance to relax and empty out hopefully. Be prepared because Disney offers such great food and you won't walk away hungry..........

You will have a lot of fun at Chef Mickeys. We did my daughters 6th birthday dinner there. The characters get everyone involved and really interact with the kids. We're going back again on this trip.

You have made great choices already (LeCellier is a family fave)! Chef Mickeys is a favorite of ours for Breakfast and so is Boma. Boma is really great for breakfast, then you can wander out and see the animals when you are finished eating. Have a great time!!!!!

I'm giving another vote for Chef Mickey's - we had breakfast there last year and we all had a blast. The kids thought it was neat to see the monorail go right by us and the napkin dances were fun. There was good character interaction with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Chip/Dale and the food was pretty good for a Disney buffet. We are also doing 50's PT and Le Cellier this Aug.

Have a great time! :wave2:

Thanks for all the feedback. We're not ruling out Chef Mickey's but . . .

Since we have a 'grand gathering' we're thinking of doing the early breakfast with Tony. I believe this has approximately the same characters as Chef Mickey. It is pricey, but it fits in the budget. If we do that, we end up with this:

Day One: Epcot Counter Service Lunch, Le Cellier's
Day Two: MGM Counter Service Lunch, 50's Prime Time Cafe
Day three: Cinderella Royal Table (breakfast), MK Counter Service Lunch, Ohana's
Day Four: Tusker House, Boma
Day Five: Epcot Counter Service Lunch, Marrekesh Restaurant
Day Six: Grand Gathering character experience at Tony Town Square (breakfast), MK Counter Service Lunch

This is so much fun, but I'm feeling the addiction growing . . . .

okduke said:
Thanks for all the feedback. We're not ruling out Chef Mickey's but . . .

Since we have a 'grand gathering' we're thinking of doing the early breakfast with Tony. I believe this has approximately the same characters as Chef Mickey. It is pricey, but it fits in the budget. If we do that, we end up with this:

Day One: Epcot Counter Service Lunch, Le Cellier's
Day Two: MGM Counter Service Lunch, 50's Prime Time Cafe
Day three: Cinderella Royal Table (breakfast), MK Counter Service Lunch, Ohana's
Day Four: Tusker House, Boma
Day Five: Epcot Counter Service Lunch, Marrekesh Restaurant
Day Six: Grand Gathering character experience at Tony Town Square (breakfast), MK Counter Service Lunch

This is so much fun, but I'm feeling the addiction growing . . . .

I love your choices :thumbsup2

I think CRT will count as 2 table services.. So you may be over by 1 credit..

Chef Mickey's is great. With sons those ages I would also look at going to Whispering canyon Cafe at Wilderness lodge, that can be great fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter