Dining and merchandise credit

GirlDreamer

DIS Veteran
How does the dining and merchandise credit work? Can it be used via the Magic Band? Like can I link it to my account somehow to use via mobile order? Or pay with my Magic Band and then use the credits to pay off the bill at the front desk?

How does the dining and merchandise credit work? Can it be used via the Magic Band? Like can I link it to my account somehow to use via mobile order? Or pay with my Magic Band and then use the credits to pay off the bill at the front desk?
Much easier to pay with the magic band and use the credits at the front desk

I used it on my phone for mobile ordering. Copied the number onto my phone clipboard and just pasted it each time.

Not sure if it will work the same, but when I had the dining credit this fall, a dining gift card was sent to me by email. You then used that barcode to pay for food. You can also ask for the FD to print out the card (but it’s not a plastic one). If you have an iPhone you can save the card to your Apple wallet. I could not use my Magic Band if I wanted to use the dining card to pay for food.

I just took a screen shot of the barcode from the email, the cast member scanner that and good to go.

Much easier to pay with the magic band and use the credits at the front desk
You can't with the dining credit. You have to show the barcode. It can be on your phone or on paper. I asked the FD to print a copy because when paying at a table service restaurant, the server has to take your phone and go to wherever the "register" is located. I didn't want to give my phone to someone I don't know (no, no NSFW photos, but someone may), that is when I gave them the paper version. And sometimes the phone will lock, so the server would have to return to the table to have the phone unlocked, so paper was easier.

Thanks for the info. I probably won’t bother with printing a copy as we don’t tend to do table service meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter