Dining Credits and Magic Bands

LuvGoofy6

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this but here goes. We are traveling to Disney in December and meeting my brother and his family. We would like our dinner reservations to be together so we felt linking our MDE dining accounts would work best because then I would just make the reservations for 8. My question is this, when we pay for our meals how does Disney do that to assure that my brother's dining comes of his credits and my family's comes off mine? My other question is this, if we eat at a table service or counter service can my husband just use his band to have all 4 our my family's credits taken off or do we need to scan all four of our bands? This is our first time with magic bands and I'm a little confused on how they work.

First question - they'll ask how many are in your reservation party and just charge you those credits. We had a similar setup last year. We had a reservation of 11 and they waiter would ask who was with each party. So mine was 4 (2 adults 2 kids), my brother 5 (2 adults and 3 kids) and my parents. All separate dining plans. We each had to put our pin in for our own credits. Works out perfectly.

Second question - your whole party does not need to be in attendance for the QS meals. Your husband can get everyone's and they only need to scan his band.

QS actually prefers only one person order for the entire family and scans one MB.

You know when you make ADRs the number has nothing to do with the MDE and whether you are linked or not. You could be 2 in your party and make an ADR for 10. One of you just make a reservation for how many and let the other know the place and time. You can then manually type it into your plans on MDE if you didn't make the ADR.

Personally I'm one of those that is anti-linking. Too many horror stories of a linked member changing their mind about something and wiping out the other groups ADR or FP+. My DS and I travel together there and we are not linked. We book FP+ to coordinate and one of us books ADRs for us. Works fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter