• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining credits offer - have you used it?

This years (no matter when you got the card) ran out at the end of the year so I would assume that next years would be similar
Oh that is very interesting... will be keeping an eye out for an update.

That has the potential to make it very valuable if it can be spread out.

We had it for our March trip, with the $200 gift card and we loved it. We have a November trip lined up with the same and cannot wait. We also have a trip for next year with the same offer. It made a huge difference and much better than the old system as we could order child meals for me as I always found the adult meals too big and we could use it in more places than the old system, like at Sleepy Hollow.

We used it in January and it is exactly like a gift card but restricted to dining. It was emailed to us on check in day (it came through when I took my phone out of airplane mode on arrival at MCO along with our room details) and you either use the barcode in the email or save it Apple wallet and use it from there. I can't see anything in the email about adding it the room for charging though. They deduct the value of your meal and each time your receipt will show you the remaining balance on the card.

Print that list of participating venues before you go (or bookmark it) as they don't give you anything with the card. I had seen it before we went, but couldn't find it again whilst away so was always a bit tentative when going to use it. I can't think of any restaurant or food cart that we tried to use it at that rejected it, the only time was when we went to buy a drink from somewhere at the front of DHS that sold souvenirs too and they couldn't get it to work. The value went a lot further than I thought it would though so it was a good thing to have!
Earl Of Sandwich wouldn't take it, but, I think we were unlucky as it was listed on the print out we had. I tried to use it on food in the Pop Century shop, but, they couldn't take it. The new one for next year will be different as it can be used on food and merchandise.

7 weeks until we arrive at CSR with $600 dining credit and $200 merchandise gift card as part of our booking. It's interesting to read how it works. Can I check if anyone had issues with the $200 merchandise credit? Can it be used in the shops at Disney Springs? Did anywhere reject it? Thanks in advance

{REMOVED REPLY] Sorry, I thought you were talking about the dining/merchandise combo card. If the $200 gift card is a separate, physical gift card that you have to go to Disney Springs to collect, then it'll be a normal gift card and you can use it for anything.

{REMOVED REPLY] Sorry, I thought you were talking about the dining/merchandise combo card. If the $200 gift card is a separate, physical gift card that you have to go to Disney Springs to collect, then it'll be a normal gift card and you can use it for anything.
This is the information on my invoice from Disney:

Dining Credit $61 Per Night
$200 Disney Spending Money

I just wondered how/where the $200 spending money works.

This is the information on my invoice from Disney:

Dining Credit $61 Per Night
$200 Disney Spending Money

I just wondered how/where the $200 spending money works.
Yeah, I'm sure that will be a physical generic Disney gift card. You'll get a voucher in the info pack mailed to you a couple of weeks before departure and you'll have to go to World of Disney in Disney Springs to exchange it for the gift card. You'll be able to use it like cash for anything at Disney, at least anywhere that has a card payment terminal.

Yeah, I'm sure that will be a physical generic Disney gift card. You'll get a voucher in the info pack mailed to you a couple of weeks before departure and you'll have to go to World of Disney in Disney Springs to exchange it for the gift card. You'll be able to use it like cash for anything at Disney, at least anywhere that has a card payment terminal.
Thanks, that's good to know. We go in 7 weeks so it'll be a few more weeks before our documents arrive. We've planned to visit Disney Springs on day 3 (out of 10) so that works out well.

Thanks, that's good to know. We go in 7 weeks so it'll be a few more weeks before our documents arrive. We've planned to visit Disney Springs on day 3 (out of 10) so that works out well.
You should also be able to use it for mobile order too, a bit of a pain though, on checkout you have to select Gift Card as payment then type in the 16-digit gift card number. I've heard that people save the number in a text note on their phone then just copy-and-paste it.

I've heard that people save the number in a text note on their phone then just copy-and-paste it.
I use an app called Simplenote for this and many other things - to do lists, packing lists, shopping lists, etc.
https://simplenote.com/
It's available on Android, IOS, Windows, etc, or web interface and it syncs between all those devices. You can also (on the Windows app at least) back up your notes occasionally if you've got a lot in there.
And it's free, though I'd happily pay something for it.
It is text only, which can be limiting ... but the name tells it really.

(I have no affiliation other than a happy user disappointed by the MS and Google alternatives.)

Earl Of Sandwich wouldn't take it, but, I think we were unlucky as it was listed on the print out we had. I tried to use it on food in the Pop Century shop, but, they couldn't take it. The new one for next year will be different as it can be used on food and merchandise.
I think you were unlucky as we definitely used ours in Earl of Sandwich. I never tried the shop, but we used it lots in the food court at Pop Century too.

Has anybody tried charging back to the room, then using the dining credit to pay off the charges? A previous poster suggested it could be done, but not seen it confirmed anywhere.

Has anybody tried charging back to the room, then using the dining credit to pay off the charges? A previous poster suggested it could be done, but not seen it confirmed anywhere.
Now you have me thinking. I just assumed the $610 dining credit we have would be on my 'room account' and I could charge it, using my magic band, to use up the balance. In what format does the credit come in?

There is also a $200 gift card on our booking, which others on here state is a physical card you have to collect from Disney Springs apparently.

Now you have me thinking. I just assumed the $610 dining credit we have would be on my 'room account' and I could charge it, using my magic band, to use up the balance. In what format does the credit come in?

There is also a $200 gift card on our booking, which others on here state is a physical card you have to collect from Disney Springs apparently.
The $200 gift card we got this time came in the post 2 weeks before we travel. We booked through Attraction Tickets though. Last time when we got the gift cards, we had to pick them up at Disney Springs, but that was booked through Disney.

The $200 gift card we got this time came in the post 2 weeks before we travel. We booked through Attraction Tickets though. Last time when we got the gift cards, we had to pick them up at Disney Springs, but that was booked through Disney.
We booked directly with Disney, so it'll be a trip to Disney Springs, which we already have planned to dine on our 4th night.

So in May the $200 we got from world of Disney

the dining came as a virtual gift card and then we used via apple wallet to pay

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter