Dining Help Request, Please

sPicks

Earning My Ears
Soon, I will have a 3 day stay in WDW (staying at a Disney resort), weekday stay. I am older (62) and would like some dining suggestions. (I will NOT be going into the themed parks.....just dining). I would like some ideas for B L D at Disney Resorts and Disney Springs. I am vegetarian but eat seafood. Love eggs benedict and bread pudding and crab cakes. Savory afternoon snacks. Enjoy wine. Any suggestions?

Here are a couple of thoughts...

Breakfast - The Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe. The Wave is a buffet, but a small one with very fresh options. You can order a la carte at Grand Floridian. Both have great eggs Benedict which I'm guessing you could order sans meat. California Grill brunch should also not be missed if you are there on a Sunday.

Lunch - Sanaa would be a great choice. They have vegetarian options and their bread service is a thing of beauty. At Disney Springs The Boathouse is a good lunch option as it usually isn't very crowded during this time and their seafood is great. I've only had clams there but really enjoyed them. Morimotos is another good option for lunch or dinner if you like Asian food.

Dinner - You can't go wrong with any of the Resort signatures. From a seafood perspective, Flying Fish and Narcoossee's are our favorites. You can also watch fireworks from Narcoossee's which is an added bonus. Jiko is another great option. Their predominately South African wine list is amazing, as is the food. They also do afternoon wine tastings (I think on Wednesdays) that I think you would enjoy. They also have a small lounge which is a great place to grab an appetizer or two and have some wine.

If you want to go the lounge route, we love Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge. Its a great place to grab a drink and have a snack. They have a mushroom soup that everyone raves about (I hate mushrooms so none for me). They also have a cheese fondue with pretzels that is a thing of beauty.

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!!

I am more looking for a "plan". In other other words, if anyone had 3 full days at WDW for dining and relaxing......Example: This is what you would do........Breakfast at_____________ (eggs benedict), Lunch at _________________ (crab cakes), Afternoon snack & glass of wine poolside at _____________________ and Dinner at __________________(Asian, vegetarian). Day 1, Day 2, Day 3. Asking too much? Staying at Saratoga Springs in September, 2019.

Here are a couple of thoughts...

Breakfast - The Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe. The Wave is a buffet, but a small one with very fresh options. You can order a la carte at Grand Floridian. Both have great eggs Benedict which I'm guessing you could order sans meat. California Grill brunch should also not be missed if you are there on a Sunday.

Lunch - Sanaa would be a great choice. They have vegetarian options and their bread service is a thing of beauty. At Disney Springs The Boathouse is a good lunch option as it usually isn't very crowded during this time and their seafood is great. I've only had clams there but really enjoyed them. Morimotos is another good option for lunch or dinner if you like Asian food.

Dinner - You can't go wrong with any of the Resort signatures. From a seafood perspective, Flying Fish and Narcoossee's are our favorites. You can also watch fireworks from Narcoossee's which is an added bonus. Jiko is another great option. Their predominately South African wine list is amazing, as is the food. They also do afternoon wine tastings (I think on Wednesdays) that I think you would enjoy. They also have a small lounge which is a great place to grab an appetizer or two and have some wine.

If you want to go the lounge route, we love Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge. Its a great place to grab a drink and have a snack. They have a mushroom soup that everyone raves about (I hate mushrooms so none for me). They also have a cheese fondue with pretzels that is a thing of beauty.

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!!

This is exactly what I am looking for!! Thank you!! (I was typing my 2nd post when this came through. More detailed!) Thank you!!!!

I am more looking for a "plan". In other other words, if anyone had 3 full days at WDW for dining and relaxing......Example: This is what you would do........Breakfast at_____________ (eggs benedict), Lunch at _________________ (crab cakes), Afternoon snack & glass of wine poolside at _____________________ and Dinner at __________________(Asian, vegetarian). Day 1, Day 2, Day 3. Asking too much? Staying at Saratoga Springs in September, 2019.
Very few folks do what you are asking. Almost all visit the Theme Parks at least some most days. And everyone’s likes and different vary. I would start with the suggestions you have gotten and then check out menus either on Official WDWweb site, here or all ears.net. Then make a plan and come back for critiques

The Plaza in Magic Kingdom has amazing Lobster Eggs Benedict on a green fried tomato. Several other wonderful options too. We like it much better than The Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe. Plus your in the park. Schedule So early before park opening or later after early magic hrs as an added bonus.

Breakfasts - Olivia's, the Wave, Boma

Lunches and Dinners - lots of options at Disney Springs
Flying Fish
Jiko
Narcoosees
Cape May Cafe has a seafood buffet in the evening

Everyone: THANK YOU! I did as someone suggested and went to the drop down menus. Found plenty of answers. Definitely: GF breakfast(s), Narcoossee, Boat House, Trader Sam's, Ragland Road, Ale & Compass, Wine Bar George, The Edison and every place that offers a Bread Pudding and Lobster Eggs Benedict!!!! Jiko for those SA wines;-) This is a great venue to learn.........Thanks to all for your help. Very generous and kind of everyone who replied:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter