Dining in at Disney...DVC rental

Dumbo777

DIS Veteran
Hi we will be visiting Disneyland in March. We are staying at the Grand Californian and will be using DVC points. I was wondering if anyone goes grocery shopping and eats dinner at their DVC property. I'm looking for ideas. We are a family of seven.

We do! If we have a larger villa with real oven stove I’ll do tacos, frozen lasagna, jar spaghetti. Easy stuff.
In a studio I do sandwiches, Mac n cheese cups

I hate to cook on vacation but its a great money saver on a long trip. I love to use our ninja or crockpot. We get "home" and the meal is ready. I also will buy and cut up vegetables and keep them stored in the fridge so that we can have a quick salad. Spaghetti, meatball subs, soups, sweet and sour meatballs, and buffalo dip are just a few ideas. Have a great trip. We were in California in December and loved it.

We do. It kinda drives me nuts, but my wife is the practical one. :-) Breakfast is so expensive, and food by the pool adds up. Dinner out every night adds up even more when kids just want nuggets and Mac and cheeee anyway...

We drive to Orlando, so we have the luxury of bringing stuff in addition to shopping if needed.

We have breakfast and usually lunch in the room, with dinner out. Less cooking really (eggs, maybe? bacon?) and still saving money!

We order food to be delivered. We eat breakfast in the room every morning. We also order snacks and drinks for the room.

We get groceries delivered. On most trips we are usually at least 8 people staying in a grand villa.

We make breakfast every day unless we have a character breakfast. Eggs, bacon, cereal, yogurt, bagels/cream cheese, orange juice.

We usually eat a few other meals in the villa too.

We buy deli meats, cheese and bread/rolls to make sandwiches for an easy meal. We always have a few frozen pizzas on hand too.

Other easy villa dinners are tacos or fajitas, pasta, etc. Always nice to have salad items and fresh or frozen veggies on hand.

We also get some snack items to have with a late night glass of wine after the kids go to sleep!

Depends on the size of the room. Studio, 1 bd, 2 bd, or grand villa?

Studio, just the basics, cereal, milk, OJ, canned goods. Bring the extra bread from the Pacific wharf cafe and use toaster and open canned food (soup or chili)

Depends on the size of the room. Studio, 1 bd, 2 bd, or grand villa?

Studio, just the basics, cereal, milk, OJ, canned goods. Bring the extra bread from the Pacific wharf cafe and use toaster and open canned food (soup or chili)
We are staying in a two bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter