dining plan and breakfasts

gottalovethem

<font color=magenta>The DIS Moms love you!</font>
The breakfasts with characters count as a dinner type meal with the appetizer and dessert, correct? It seems that many character meals are breakfasts, so we have scheduled a bunch of them, but that leaves us open for dinner, unless we pay for breakfast. Is that right?

You may use the dining plan TS credits for character breakfasts. Most character breakfasts are either all-you-care-to-eat buffets, or family-style meals -- I'm trying to think of a character breakfast where you order ala carte but am not coming up with one; maybe someone else knows of one. In any case, the concept of appetizer/main/dessert is not quite in sync with a TS breakfast -- but we find that using our TS credits for character breakfasts makes good economic sense.

That said, you could certain opt to pay out of pocket (oop) for your character breakfasts and use the credits at lunch or dinner, instead, if you think that gets you more bang for your buck (and it does put you back in the appetize/main/dessert model).

I may be wrong, but aren't all of the character breakfasts buffet? The appetizer/dessert doesn't apply to buffets, it's simply all you care to eat.

Maybe you're asking if they are table service credits? If so, yes they are.

You can use your counter service credits for dinner. Otherwise, yes you'd have to pay for breakfast.

If you go to a character breakfast, you would use your TS credit for that meal. Then you would just use your counter service credit for dinner.

If you have a late enough character breakfast and an early enough CS meal, you would probably be able to skip lunch. If you have an early Character breakfast (like before park opening), you may have to pay OOP for either lunch or dinner if you think you will need 2 more meals that day.

Many feel that using your table service credits for a character breakfast is not a good "deal". If you want to maximize the worth of your credits, you can switch your table service meals to dinner. Like CrystalPalace and Chef Mickeys both do character dinners.

Maggie

Last trip we did Donalds and Chef Mickeys breakfast while on the meal plan, but opted to pay for them out of pocket, and use the meal plan credits at table service restaurants or dinner, where they are a much better value.

Is it worth going to another hotel, to someplace like Chef Mickey's for dinner?Does it take a long time to get from a park to a hotel and back to a park? I'll be traveling with three little ones, so I want to make sure it's worth it LOL :goodvibes

It's worth it if you plan it well. Say you're in the Magic Kingdom, then hop a monorail to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's, then monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. Or if you are at Epcot, then walk to the Beach Club for Cape May (is that a character dinner, or is it just breakfast?), then walk or boat back to Epcot (or MGM for that matter). But I wouldn't want to go from Animal Kingdom to an Epcot area resort or anything like that, that could be stressful if you are depending on Disney transport.

I think the character meals that are outside the parks are all at the deluxe resorts so it's not too much of a hassle to get to them and back to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter