• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan Changes - Pooling Quick Service Credits?

bubbaloo311

Mouseketeer
Good morning.

We leave for Disney in 30 days - so excited. I read that there were some recent changes to the Disney Dining Plan. I am most curious about the possibility of pooling quick service credits between adults and children.

Can anyone confirm if this has been possible in the last month? We arrive August 15th - and it would help us stretch our credits so much further as we could share meals with my 6-year old twins.

Thanks so much for any input.

Ann

QS credits on the regular DDP have always been pooled. That is not new. With the changes effective 5/31, you can - reportedly - order an adult QS meal for your kids, but the changes seem to be implemented haphazardly so you will just have to try and see.

A slightly different relevant answer: we have never been allowed to discuss this in the disboards because it was against Disney's stated rules, but we have been able to get the kids adult QS meals or years and often actively encouraged by CMs to do so. I doubt you will have much of a problem. Hopefully, I am allowed to say this now that the rules are different. :)

quick service credits were always pooled. So were deluxe credits. The difference is that they had a rule in place where the CM doing the deduction of credits would have to enforce the requirement that the children order off the child's menu. From what has been posted around on this board, CMs supposedly have been notified that they no longer will be doing this (and there were some that never followed it at all). What's not clear is whether or not all the CMs have gotten the message. So the truth is that you will not know for sure until you get there and ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter