• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining plan credits questions

disneymamaof2boys

Earning My Ears
I am new to the boards and have found SO much wonderful information but still have a question.
We will have the Disney Dining plan when going in Feb. We arrive on the 25th and check out on the 2nd so that would be 5 days of credits, there are 4 of us, 2 adults, a 13 year old and an 11 year old. I believe we are all considered adults for the plan. I wanted a variety of restaurants, some the kids will like others more for us adults.

Here is what we want to do but would be short credits.
Chef Mickey's breakfast 4 credits
Wolfgang Puck Cafe 1st floor 4 credits
Le Cellier 8 credits
Rain Forest Cafe 4 credits
Sci Fi Dine in or Prime Time Cafe 4 credits

We will have 20 and this would be 24 however, my youngest is very picky and won't really eat any of the entrees at Le Cellier, he would however eat from the kids menu, either pizza or noodles with just butter.
Would we be allowed to pay out of pocket for him and order from the kids menu if allowed (do they enforce and age limit). I would hate to use 2 credits for buttered noodles.
I expect this to also happen at Wolfgang Pucks, that would leave us with 3 extra meal credits.
Would we then be able to use those meal credits at our last table service for 3 of us and pay out of pocket for the 4th.
Do the credits HAVE to be used for him or just within our party of 4.

Just within your party of four. Unless Le Cellier cracks down on their kids stuff (which I doubt), you should be fine doing exactly what you plan.

We just ate there yesterday and was able to order off the kids menu for my 13 year old and 18 year with no problem! They don't eat the other things off the menu. Also waitress suggested to pay for kids meal out of pocket as to not to waste dxdp.

Le Cellier takes 2 TS meals for each, Can I use 6 for 3 of us and pay out of pocket for the other?

Will we be able to get an appetizer in the place of a dessert?

If not can I POP for an appetizer?

Le Cellier takes 2 TS meals for each, Can I use 6 for 3 of us and pay out of pocket for the other?

Will we be able to get an appetizer in the place of a dessert?

If not can I POP for an appetizer?

When we went to Le Ceiler, we were on the dining plan but my brother and his family were not. My nephew came with us while my brother and his wife had a night to themselves. We used our dining plan on my husband and I but not on my son since it would have been a waste, nor my nephew, also POP for appetizers. Sometimes at a signature restaurant my husband will use his dining plan and I will POP for mine if what I plan to eat is not that pricey.

You can NOT get an appetizer instead of a dessert (I wish because I'm not a fan of dessert at every meal)

You can pay out of pocket for the kids meal or let your server know you have a picky kid and they can accommodate most anything, as far as " no this, add that". To add to your Res. I would include: Tony's Town Square, Mama Melrose and Boma for Breakfast. At AK Yak and Yeti is really good too. Have fun!

Le Cellier takes 2 TS meals for each, Can I use 6 for 3 of us and pay out of pocket for the other? Yes, not a problem. Just let your server know who will be using credits and which meal will be OOP

Will we be able to get an appetizer in the place of a dessert? No. One of the hard and fast rules of the dining plan is that you cannot sub an app for a dessert. About the only exception is somerestaurants will let you order the cheese plate as your dessert.

If not can I POP for an appetizer?Absolutely. You can order anything not covered by the dining plan and pay out of pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter