Dining Plan no longer accepted!!!!

CluelessDisFan

DIS Veteran
I was shocked to discover dining plan is no longer accepted at some very popular Disney restaurants. Like Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park fare, and Akershus. Is this news to anyone else? I guess we won't be visiting those this year. It must be because they're such busy character meet and greets. Still I'm shocked.:scared1:

I noticed today that Akershus said not accepting dining plan. It still lists it on the 2014 Dining Plan list.

Unless Disney wants to either reprint all their brochures about free dining, or deal with thousands of screaming guests shoving "said brochure" in their face- I think you are probably mistaken.

I was shocked to discover dining plan is no longer accepted at some very popular Disney restaurants. Like Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park fare, and Akershus. Is this news to anyone else? I guess we won't be visiting those this year. It must be because they're such busy character meet and greets. Still I'm shocked.:scared1:
Where did this news come from?

It's on Disney's site listed on the description for the character meals. This changes everything!

Whoa! We did all of those w/dining plan before. I'd be mad if I didn't notice the change and thought they were covered again.

I can tell you one thing ... get ready to see a LOT of OUTRAGE whether it's warranted or not!

If you go to the MDE website and search those rest. to make reservations, you will see that they now say Dining Plans Not Accepted.

Screenshot%202014-05-02%2017.59.00.png

On the Disney website it says that dining plans are not accepted. This is under Akershus when you look it up for info to book it. I don't see how it is possible for them to change this all of the sudden...

How can this be OK? I booked for out November trip ages ago with the free dining offer from the UK. I would have waited and gotten the room discount instead had I known about this. We had been planning on quite a few character meals, including Akershus for my princess loving daughter.

The dining plan brochure does say that locations can change at any time, but still...

How can this be OK? I booked for out November trip ages ago with the free dining offer from the UK. I would have waited and gotten the room discount instead had I known about this. We had been planning on quite a few character meals, including Akershus for my princess loving daughter.

The dining plan brochure does say that locations can change at any time, but still...

I wonder if they have a way of knowing in their system the people who purchased before May 1, 2014 and they will honor it? BUT, like stated, it can changes at any time. But I personally just think it's bullcrap!

If this sticks and is really true, it's going to blow up big time! And I don't really blame anyone for being mad. If anything, it should say, Starting in 2015, this eatery will no longer take the DDP.

I know the website has been a hot mess today with all the FP for the new ride stuff. People losing their plans and everything, I would wait till tomorrow to see if it still says that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter