dining plan poll

We used it for 8 days in January.

We are definitely using it again for another 8 days in May.

We got to try so many new restaurants that we never could have if we hadn't been on the DP.

We loved: WCC & 1900 Park Fare.

My son (16) and I had the DP for free in August and loved it. My DH and I are going back this August and will use the DP again. It works for us because we have been to WDW many times and don't mind spending the extra time to eat at TS restaurants every day, and we don't have young kids who would rather grab something quick at the food court.

If I were going to DW with young kids and not planning to do several character meals, I probably wouldn't do the DP. WDW is stressful enough without forcing your kids to sit and wait for their food once a day (this is how my son was when younger anyways). We also found it harder to plan our days when he was younger - we were never sure if we would still be at the park by dinner time or if he would poop out and we would be back at our resort. Keep in mind that we always travel at the end of August, so heat is a factor.

Each family has different wants and needs and these need to be factored into the DP decision.

Yes! We've used it twice and saved a bunch of $$, even with paying the adult price per day this past time for my 10 year old.

We like to eat on vacation and it's nice to have most everything pre-paid. It's a no-hassle worry-free thing. I had to plan ADRs before the DDP, so it's really no difference as far as planning goes.

What's neat is that it saves you snack time. You eat so much during meals that you rarely need/want a snack.

Speaking of snacks... I did have my first ever Dole Whip this past trip. One word: awesome!

Yes but I'll give you the reasons not to buy, others should add anything I miss. The reason some of us chose to buy or not buy the plan may not apply to you.

Reasons Not to Buy:
1) You're eligible for a deeply discounted room rate (CM, FL resident or AP) and Disney isn't offering a deal that includes dining for your time period.
2) You're eligible to buy DDE. Some guests make out better.
3) You're doing an Orlando vacation and plan on being offsite for a lot of your meals.
4)You don't eat a lot of TS meals on vacation. Some guests eat CS meals and maybe one TS for the entire vacation. The plan works if you plan on having one TS most days.
5)One poster was literally planning on not having any CS meals. The plan will pay for itself if you eat in almost any TS and almost any CS restaurant but the numbers won't work out if you skip a lot of credits.
6)Some of your group eat very little. This would occur if you have 2 children that are old enough to be charged the adult rates but they eat almost nothing. Either you plan to try to order off the kids menu, share meals with the adults, order them appetizers or have them skip the TS meal and just eat a CS meal before dinner. Even then the plan would work for you if you were planning on eating in restaurants that charge them the full price such as buffets, all you care to eat character meals and dinner packages like FDP and CP.

what is the Dole Whip? I have been seeing this alot and would love to know!!!

and we're using it again when we go down on April 8. I have an AP and the DDE and even with the discount I could have gotten, I decided that I would save more with the dining plan. I have 2 children still paying the kids rate.

We enjoy at least 1 TS per day and with the DDE, I save the equivalent of the tax, which does not make up, at least for me, the savings that I get by purchasing the dining plan. Even though I had to buy 1 day passes for all of us, we don't intend for this to be our last trip and we never know when we will choose to not renew the APs, so having those single day passes will give us another day in the parks in the future.

It's definitely a matter of choice and money. I like being prepaid and knowing I can go to any of the wonderful restaurants and order any entree I want to try, without worrying if it's the most expensive on the menu. DH has a tendency to "eat large" so this way, I let him have whatever he wants without a second's hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter