• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining plan question

ImperfectPrincess

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm in the early planning stages (as in too far out to book yet) and we're looking at dates that fall over my son's 3rd birthday. I can't seem to find any information about the dining plans for him since he'll only be 2 when we arrive. Will we have to pay for every meal he has or will I be able to get him his own meal credits?
The kid eats like a horse so sharing our food with him probably won't work too well at places like BOG or CRT.

Thanks for any help x

Dining Plan is not available for children 2 years or under, DDP is tied to a park ticket and Disney let them in for free, they can share from your plate or you can pay for their meal, once they are 3 Disney will offer DDP and park tickets. Disney will take the age he is on check in date, so in your case I will try to avoid CRT for their high price, and try others all you care to eat places were he can “share” from your plate but will get as many helpings as you want.

Thank you, I thought that would be the case, looks like I'll have to rethink our restaurant options a little bit then.

Buffets are a good option with a hungry 2 year old. That said. The pastry baskets alone at CRT and BoG are more food than I’d personally eat in a whole day so I wouldn’t be put off eating there. Indeed I could share most TS and all QS meals easily with a hungry toddler. I’d say that’s not the case so much at signature meals. My DD, now 16, has been sharing meals with me since she was 5. It’s a load of food on the dining plan. It never ends. Don’t forget two adults on the dining plan also get four snack credits a day. You could very easily feed a 2 year old on those alone.

We took our son just before his 3rd birthday and we was on the DP.

In CRT as our daughter was on the child's DP the server actually brough out our son a smaller plate of whatever dd ordered with no charge. We was so shocked and have never heard of it before so I wouldn't rely on that situation to happen.

At other restaurants we would order him a fruit cup or something like that and they would share everything. He usually has a big appetite but he didn't adjust well to time difference etc so really didn't end up eating his usual portions.

Will your son turn 3 whilst out there? Have you been on DP before? Is it just the 3 of you?
Sorry for all the questions :)

Another option. If you say he’s there you’ll have to pay for his ticket but then he will get his own dining credits too. Work out if paying out of pocket for food would cost more or less than the price of a ticket. I do think you’ll find there is a mountain of food without needing to though. I’d do what Tash did and maybe just get a small order of something and share stuff out.

Good point @scoobydooby2016 working out if paying oop for meals rather than buying a park ticket would work. Out cost effective.

I am usually a big eater but we ended up with soo much food, mainly desserts that we couldn't eat, so we had them ' to go ' and we ended up throwing it away :scared:

Next trip our son will be on the DP and I'm already thinking jheeze what we gonna do with all that food lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter