Dining plan return?

Take this with a grain of salt, but I was told by a CM that it won't return until they have enough staff to consistently operate restaurants at full capacity.

Supply issues will be a factor, too, I'm thinking. Those are projected to continue nationwide until sometime next year.

Places where we'd formerly been eager to get both appetizer and dessert on our Deluxe plan had nothing very appealing last trip in the fall.

While we missed the dining plan immensely, it wasn't a great loss due to scanty menus.

I wish by my end of March trip, but don't see that happening. It's so much easier to splurge if you don't see the prices. I might just put $75/day on a gift card and consider that my "dining plan" so I don't feel like I need to cheap out.

This isn’t a bad idea actually. I’m already stressing about food budget. Lol

food prices will be crazy without dining plan...but when we do dinning plan we eat much more than normal

I really miss the dining plan but it doesn't look like it's returning. I know it doesn't work for every family but we are a family that eats two table service meals per day. We also like to try character meals/buffets and we always came out ahead with the dining plan. I miss having everything (except tips) purchased before we arrived. 😭

I was told by one cast member that Disney is definitely bringing back the DDP in 2022, but the time frame is unknown. There are a few different Disney blogs that speculate the DDP might be around late April or May after the rush of the Spring Break crowds have subsided. The concern was that if they tried to bring it back too soon, restaurants were not properly staffed to help navigate through the rush of people returning to WDW and during a slower period before the summer crowds ramps back up, Disney will have an idea on how to address the staffing shortages. I hope this is right, because we are making our first trip in over 10 years and I don't know if I would be overly happy with the prospect of no DDP- regardless of whether its overpriced or not.

Regarding price, the price is expected to be increased significantly- at least according to the other blogs and newsletters I have read.

quick question: I booked a BWV studio for Feb 2023 (rented DVC points). Will I be eligible for DDP when it comes back?

quick question: I booked a BWV studio for Feb 2023 (rented DVC points). Will I be eligible for DDP when it comes back?

If the DDP is operational by then, you should be able to purchase it through the person you're renting points from. You won't be able to add it directly like you would with a standard resort stay.

If the DDP is operational by then, you should be able to purchase it through the person you're renting points from. You won't be able to add it directly like you would with a standard resort stay.

ah, got it. thanks for the info

So you're just eating breakfast??? :earboy2:
My mom gave me a $100 gift card for my upcoming trip. I said "WOOHOO! One dinner is paid for." She replied "well, I hope you get more than one dinner out of it". Uhhh...okay. Sure. NOT! She just doesn't understand. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter