Dining Plan Returning

csmom

DIS Veteran
From the Disney site:
Check Back Soon to Purchase. 
Beginning May 31, 2023, the Disney Dining Plan can be added to Walt Disney Travel Company packages that include a Disney Resort hotel stay with arrivals on or after January 9, 2024.
Dining plans are not available for vacation packages with arrivals through January 8, 2024 or for individual purchase.

giphy.gif

I'm so excited, and so scared. I'm sure it's going to be significantly more expensive than the last time it was around given inflation and everything else that has gone on. Plus, the two children I had the last time I had a plan will be Disney adults by 2024.

I've missed the guilt-free pre-paying a lot, but I may have second thoughts when I see the sticker price having done a few trips without the dining plan since. :teeth:

I was one of maybe only a handful of people who loved the Deluxe plan and was able to get my money's worth out of it, so I'm a little bummed to see it's not returning at this time. Not sure we'll get the same use of of the standard DDP as we usually do table service for every meal.

Yeah, if it's not the Deluxe, I am not sure I am interested. I just can't see how it would be worth it otherwise based on how I dine. I do 3 meals and always get an app, a dessert and an entre plus a cocktail.

Yeah, if it's not the Deluxe, I am not sure I am interested. I just can't see how it would be worth it otherwise based on how I dine. I do 3 meals and always get an app, a dessert and an entre plus a cocktail.
We had a great system where we'd do Starbucks or something similar for breakfast (I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so even paying out-of-pocket for a quick service breakfast was fine), and then a 1-credit table service for lunch and a 2-credit table service for dinner and we'd come out ahead. If I was paying out of pocket I certainly wouldn't always do an appetizer, entrée and dessert, but I'd usually do at least 2 of those 3 and a cocktail or glass of wine, so the deluxe plan worked really well for me. I'm also bummed that the number of snack credits per day has been reduced from 2 to 1, as I sometimes would use snacks in place of breakfast.

I might still try the standard Deluxe plan, but I'll have to do some actual number crunching to see if it's worth it or better to just pay out-of-pocket. Of course, I'm also DVC now, and it's unclear if this will even be offered to DVC members staying on their points, as I won't have a "package" like a regular resort guest.

It also doesn't say whether a "meal" includes dessert anymore.
I'm thinking they took away the second snack and the dessert.... cost cutting.... and then they are going to charge more... inflation.
Not sure we will still buy it, if this is the case. It needs to have some value for us or we will just pay out of pocket.

I love the dining plan and we buy it just for the prepay convenience knowing that were probably going to lose money. If your sole intent is to go into it thinking your going to save money then then your better off paying out of pocket.

Question i don’t remember if you had the dining plan and were in Epcot for a festival were you able to use it at the festival booths as a snack?

Bummed not to see the deluxe. We loved it and it saved us big money--we are big eaters (always order appetizers) and like our cocktails :)

I was really excited...then I saw that there was no deluxe and reduced snack credit. We will have to see what the price is and what restaurants will be accepting it and if it works like before with signature's requiring 2 credits. We mostly eat at table service, so this may not work at all for us.

They key thing will be the price and what exactly it includes. Under the old plan, it made sense only IF that was typically the way you eat. I am sure there will be all kinds of new 'dining plan' threads that discuss the same things discussed previously. It was mostly a way to pre-pay for your meals and you didn't really save anything by doing that. Eating some meals at someplace that isn't Disney is probably still the best way to save money on your food bill.

I was really excited...then I saw that there was no deluxe and reduced snack credit. We will have to see what the price is and what restaurants will be accepting it and if it works like before with signature's requiring 2 credits. We mostly eat at table service, so this may not work at all for us.
I would be fine with the standard dining plan if there were still 2 snack credits per night. It looks like signature dining does still require 2 credits based on what I've read.

They must be thinking that the restaurants will be back to fully staffed. I feel like it has been harder to get reservations at the park since reopening, even for some of the less popular locations. I can't imagine the complaints if a bunch of people buy the dining plan and are unable to get any reservations in the parks. How can you pre sell something where there is no availability? Of course the quick service is not included in this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter