Dining Plan Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneyfantotheend

DIS Veteran
I am sure there are plenty people waiting for the return of the dining plan. With all the new ways Disney has increased prices, I am sure it will go up in price a lot, but I want the option at least.

It never worked out as a big savings for us. It was more of a convenience.

Anyway I am watching many sites for any kind of glimmer of hope, but most just speculate. Maybe we can all watch together and hope for some official news soon.

So is the UK deal that you basically get a $950 gift card per se toward food when you book at no extra charge? I truly don't expect big dining deals, being the main reason for the removal of the dining plan was the limited dining options. Free dining would surely overwhelm them. I would probably take advantage of the deal that you are being offered.

I am willing to pay for it though, if it comes out in time for our trip.

So is the UK deal that you basically get a $950 gift card per se toward food when you book at no extra charge? I truly don't expect big dining deals, being the main reason for the removal of the dining plan was the limited dining options. Free dining would surely overwhelm them. I would probably take advantage of the deal that you are being offered.

I am willing to pay for it though, if it comes out in time for our trip.

Its upto $950 credit per room.
Value resort is $36 per room per night, Moderate is $61 per room per night and deluxe is $68 per room per night.
You need to add tickets to get the dining credit, same as you had to, to get free dining.
Booking direct with Disney we also get a $100 gift card, or booking with a popular UK ticket agent, you also get a $200 gift card.

I'm thinking I might book with the agent, and if a US free dining deal comes out, I'll swap my deposit that I paid for the dining deal for sea world tickets

I am patiently waiting for our trip next year. We always went with the DxDP it always worked for us. so I'm hoping it comes back soon so I can start saving .

we are going this December and I was really hoping it would be back by then but it’s not looking good for me We always got the deluxe dining too and am a little nervous about paying out of pocket!

I figured they would have it back by October 1st. I know it is a money-maker for them so it seems like it would be back soon. If they don't offer the dining plan people tend to not eat as many table service restaurants or worse yet, will eat offsite. I don't think it really saves much but it is nice to basically have it prepaid (excluding tip).

They may wait till after Christmas when things are not as busy. It was hard enough making ADRs today with limited capacity and some restaurants close. But it will be back I’m sure

Joining in on the watch party!

Our next trip is tentatively set for early June 2022. If the dining plan hasn't returned, we will likely be staying offsite.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how people DON'T save on the Disney Dining Plan. We do one sit down table service per day that we are in Disney and that alone has us break even, if not net money because the dinners are minimum $50-$60 per person and the dining plan costs $78/day. I'm confused as to how to budget now because if we aren't doing the DDP, we won't want to be spending $50-$60 per person on dinner alone when we also have to buy a QS meal for lunch and like to get snacks here and there. Plus, we get alcohol too!

You’d think with just about everything open, DDP will be back soon. What’s left PORFQ and AS Sports? Two notable restaurants still not open are Akershus and Jiko

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter