• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Question for 3 yr old

PreppyPolyMom

Mouseketeer
My DD3 is not on the dining plan (eats next to nothing) but she will have a 5 day park hopper ticket. The rest of our family is on the dining plan. Has anyone been in this same situation? Any problems?

Not sure what your question is? :confused3

Are you saying you want to pretend she's not 3 so she can eat free but are worried because she has park passes?

I'm confused.

beattyfamily said:
Not sure what your question is? :confused3

Are you saying you want to pretend she's not 3 so she can eat free but are worried because she has park passes?

I'm confused.

No, no, she will share with me. I do not want her to order her own meal, she wouldn't eat it. I was just wondering if anyone else did that?

PreppyPolyMom said:
No, no, she will share with me. I do not want her to order her own meal, she wouldn't eat it. I was just wondering if anyone else did that?

Sorry, I was just trying to understand what the question is. I didn't mean to accuse you of anything.

I'm still not sure what exactly your question is.

Kids under 3 eat free at all you can eat, buffet and pre-plated meals. Kids 3 - 9 order off the kids menu and pay that price.

Kids under and over 3 pay for whatever they order of a regular menu (counter service or sit-down restaurant with a menu.)

I'm sure she'd eat just fine sharing with everyone as food is plentiful.

beattyfamily said:
I'm sure she'd eat just fine sharing with everyone as food is plentiful.

Okay, that's what I figured. We are not on free dining plan we will be going before that starts. I just didn't know if the server will charge us anyway for her since she is 3.

PreppyPolyMom said:
Okay, that's what I figured. We are not on free dining plan we will be going before that starts. I just didn't know if the server will charge us anyway for her since she is 3.

If they know she is 3, they will charge you for her (at buffets, all you can eat, and pre-plated) and since she is not on the dining plan they would probably give you two bills; the dining plan bill and the bill for anything not on the plan that you'd pay OOP for (specialty drinks your dd's food etc...).

At restaurants where you order off the menu, there would be no problems at all with sharing and not having to pay for her food if she shares.

Either everyone is on the dining plan or not. You cannot pick and choose. If she is 3 she has to be included on the dining plan, unless she is on a different Reservation with say Granny who is not getting the dining plan.

Denise

Everyone on the reservation has to have the dining plan or not have it (paid or free). There is no way you can do 2 people on, one not on unless you have 2 rooms reserved.

That said, a 3 year old costs $10 at a character meal not including tax and tip. The dining plan costs $11 per day and includes tax and tip....and in addition you get a CS credit and a snack.

I know it may seem like you're not getting your $ worth if she eats off your plate at most places, but if you do one character meal per day it is well worth the $. You can get some of the snack items for the trip home if you have extra snack credits.

I'm confused too - they let you get DP for everyone else in your party but not your 3 Year old? I thought it was all or nothing...

Also - if you just want to share - you better not do any buffets or all you can eats...they will have to charge for your 3 year old as sharing is not allowed (obviously - in an all you can eat it wouldn't be feasible).

brymolmom said:
I'm confused too - they let you get DP for everyone else in your party but not your 3 Year old? I thought it was all or nothing...

Also - if you just want to share - you better not do any buffets or all you can eats...they will have to charge for your 3 year old as sharing is not allowed (obviously - in an all you can eat it wouldn't be feasible).

DD will not be staying in our room, we have her in with my parents room so we can not have too many in the room, but my parents are not doing the dining plan, but DD will most likely be with us at meals and only to sleep with grandparents. Kinda confusing I know. Has anyone else had similiar situation?

Thanks for clarifying. Since your 3 year old is in a different room it is all very clear.

Saying that - it doesn't seem like there will be any issues/problems as long as you're not buying dc anything. AND you need to stay away from the buffets unless you want to use an extra credit from those in your family that got credits to cover the 3 year old.

ENJOY!

I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. We are not doing the dining plan, but planning on purchasing some ADR and tix for the dinner package for the Candlelight Processional in December- anyways I called Disney to ask about tix for the 4 year old and they said $12.99 BUT I did not have to buy her one BECAUSE sometimes 4 year olds eat and sometimes they don't. I was told that no one but us would know whether or not she had a ticket and we could always just get her a meal off the childs menu for less $ than $12.99. And just remember no sharing! Well, I thought WOW, Thanks, She just saved me about $30 in kids meals!!!!
We will get our tix, and get a child's dinner plate for the 2 kids to share :)
Just some tips to throw out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter