Dining reservations issues?

jeanico2000

DIS Veteran
Good morning all! It's been 2 days in a row that I get the following error message "We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later." when I log in to check for dining reservations. It is currently 7:34AM EST and I was at the 60 day mark yesterday. When I went back later in the day yesterday, the restaurants I wanted were already sold out, leading me to believe the problem is on my side. I've tried logging in on my phone app and on my laptop, with the same error response. Anybody else having this issue? What did you do about it? Thank you!

i got this message when it was not 60 days yet I found it releases at 6am pacific time which is 9am ESt time at 7:30 you were way too early you try at exactly 9am today

I’ve gotten reservations at plaza and lamplight the last 2 days around 6 am est. found the best way was through the website for the restaurant not the app

Disappointed to say the least. We got our ticket and reservation for July 20 and 20 early July. You guested it - no more sit-down restaurant available. First time at Disneyland (me and my wife - no children). Last time too.
My wife and Coeliac (Gluten allergy) and all City Hall could do is direct us to Pizza Planet or Naples Pizza Place at Downtown Disney. This reservation system did not work for us - And no, we are not using App to order on-line and eat on the curb.

I’ve gotten reservations at plaza and lamplight the last 2 days around 6 am est. found the best way was through the website for the restaurant not the app
Excuse my dumb question, but what is the difference between the website and the app?

Excuse my dumb question, but what is the difference between the website and the app?
When you say "difference" - do you mean: "what's the difference between using one versus using the other?"

If that's the question - they access the same reservation information but use different software. Because of that, there have been reports of one of them yielding different or more favorable results than the other. (For example, I think some people have reported seeing reservations open up at different times when booking on the website versus booking on the app.)

It should be the same, but it doesn't seem to be that way.

We just returned and my son's girlfriend has a gluten allergy. There were many options available. Mobile ordering has a list of gluten/allergy options for each restaurant. We used mobile ordering and never once had to sit "on the curb".

I was getting errors like that for some restaurants but not others. We were able to book Minnie’s Breakfast for instance, but Blue Bayou was not available for the same date until the next day. It is an odd reservation system.

We mobile ordered from quick service restaurants too and
We just returned and my son's girlfriend has a gluten allergy. There were many options available. Mobile ordering has a list of gluten/allergy options for each restaurant. We used mobile ordering and never once had to sit "on the curb".
We mobile ordered from quick service restaurants too and not only was it ready within 5 minutes after we said we were there most places we saw had tables available to sit while you ate. So I have no idea what that poster is ranting about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter