Dining reviews 11/13-11/17

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
Here are my dining reviews for our trip the week of 11/13-11/17:

Our first day we slept in for breakfast. Our plane was delayed and we didn't arrive to SSR until 2am.

Artist Palatte:
We ate here for lunch on our first day before heading to MK for MVMCP. It was myself, DH, DD(8.5), and DS(3.5). I ordered the flat bread cheese pizza with a coke. DD and DS both had the mini hotdogs with 2 sides they got to choose. They chose the grapes and applesauce. They also came with a choice of drink and they both chose a drink box. DH had the smoked turkey sandwhich with a coke. We all really enjoyed our food. It was all fresh and prepared quickly. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon and the place wasn't too crowded. With our DVC discount the total came to $25.74. We love the look of the place and the kids love coloring on those table top easels. We liked it so much we did return to eat here again.

Tony's Town Square:
This was the night of the 13th and it was the MVMCP first night. We had ressies for 6:10pm and were meeting our friends, 8 of us all together. We checked in at 6:05 and were seated about 15 mins. later. They were really busy and booked for the night. My friend was joining us along with her husband, dad, and DS who was celebrating his 4th birthday. I told the restaurant this in advance and when we were seated our table had Mickey confetti and some curly paper ribbon on it. Now I know this place doesn't get the best reviews here, but it has always been a favorite of ours. We ordered 2 appetizers. The tomato with mozzerella, and crispy calamari. We all had sodas and the kids had lemonade. 2 of us ordered the spagetti with meatballs(myself and my friends DH), DH had the chicken florentine, my friend and her dad had the eggplant. Ds ate off my plate, DD had spaghetti with butter and my friends son I can't remember what he had but it was a kids meal. We also ordered a cake here to sing happy birthday to Tyler. He loved it!! We all liked our food. DH said he would order something else next time. The food is not gourmet but we like it!! Everything was fresh and tasty and our waiter was great! I was just happy to have their pesto dip with bread!! It is so good and we had to have seconds!! We all loved it. With tip this meal cost $190. I think that was pretty good considering we ordered the cake too! We would go here again.

Sunshine Seasons
DS and I ate here while DH and DD went on Soarin. We had the rotisseri chicken over flatbread and salad, and the beef stirfry with white rice and brocoli. We had 2 drinks and a bag of chips. Total was $23. To me that was alot for the 2 of us but DS wanted rice and brocoli and I wanted to have some of the beef stirfry so I said what the heck! Anyway it was all really good and too much for us to eat it all. We would go back here again. Everything is always so fresh. We found a seat right away even though it was lunch time.

Fish and Chips
DH cannot go to WDW without having fish and chips in the UK!!! It is his favorite and it did not disappoint! I believe it cost around $10 for it along with a soda. DD also had some of the fries with him. For some reason I cannot remember what DD ate that day!

Wolfgang Puck Express
We love this place and on our last trip we went back twice! This time the food was still good but had alittle kick to it I didn't remember from last time. DH and I both had the linguini with tomato, basil, and garlic and added chicken to it. DS had the kids pizza and DD had penne with butter which wasn't on the menu. We all had a drink and the total came to about $40. I can't find my receipts so I'm going off memory for this one! To us this is the best kids pizza on property!! All our food was very good and fresh. We would definately go back here. We had a table inside and our food was served to us and the table was also cleared for us. When we tipped the girl she looks so surprised and thanked us numerous times.

Mama Melrose
On this day we met back up with our friends minus her dad. We had lunch at Mama's and didn't have a ressie. It was around lunch time and we were seated right away. Our waitress was so nice and the service was great here. We enjoyed the bread a 2 dips they brought to the table. Me and my friends DH, and my DH ordered the chicken parm which we all really liked. My friend wanted a regular flat bread pizza with only mozzarella cheese and they were happy to do it. She said it was really good. Our DS's had the kids meal, the infamous kids meal that has everyone up in arms!!!LOL They loved it! They had the pita pizza, which looked like a regular pizza to me and it didn't have chicken on it like the menu said. It came with a regular salad, with ranch dressing on the side and sliced apples without anything on them. They both ate it all!!! DD had penne with butter and had some of the apples from my friends DS. She said they were great. We were all full so we skipped dessert. The total was $110 with tip. We will go back here. We always do and we always have a good meal and good service here. The restaurant itself is really nice too.

50's PTC
That evening our friends left early. She is pregnant with triplets so she could only do alittle at a time. So, we went to 50's PTC for dinner. We had no ressies and were seated within 10 mins. It was very quiet in here and not at all like it use to be. They really toned it down. Our waitress also had this speech when she sat us down about how they don't mean to offend anyone and it was all in good fun....blah, blah blah...We thought it really took the fun out of it. DS was asleep and was able to stay in the stroller. This place really had alot of options for the kids. There was no menu but our witress told us our choices. Basically everything on the adults menu in a kids portion, along with chicken nuggets. DD had the fried chicken, white meat, with mashed potatos and corn. She loved it and ate it all!! DH and I had the potroast which was as good as it always has been. A real treat! I cannot explain how good it is!!!LOL When we were almost done DS wakes up so we ordered him the chicken nuggets and corn. He loved it and ate it all. DH and I had cokes and the kids lemonades. Total was $62.61 with tip. We will go back next time!

Casey's Corner
Wow these hot dogs are huge!!! I'm not a hot dog person so I skipped this place. DH and the kids had hotdogs and fries and 2 drinks. Total was $19.64. They all said it was really good. I tried the fries and I have to say they are the best on property! So good!!

Columbia Harbor House
I had the chicken strips with fries and a drink. It was very good and I would eat here again. Nice seating area and it was clean and the food was fresh.

Kona Cafe
This was by far the best meal of the trip!!! I don't know why it took us this long to try this place! We called on the monorail to see if we could get a seat here on a whim. We did for 6:40pm. It was busy but not terribly crowded. We were seated right away. Our waitress was great and so was the service. The place is nice, but the food was fantastic! We started with the bread and the dip which was so good we had seconds! We had the sticky wings for starters and ate them all!! They were so tasty. I had the beef teriyaki, DH had the filet mignon. Both were so good we cleaned our plates!!!LOL The kids menus were the ones posted here on the DIS. Our waitress told us they have been getting so many complaints about the new kids menus everywhere!! At Kona the pita pizza doesn't have the chicken and the apples don't have anything on them. The kids had that and ate it all. DD said the pizza was really tasty, and she is the pickiest kid ever!! This place had something to please all of us. We will definately go back next time!

Rainforest Cafe(DtD)
It was around 1:30 on a Fri and we got seated within 10 mins! Now this meal was "on Disney" because of a huge mishap and problem we had at SSR when trying to do our airline check in. I'll do a trip report so you can read about that later. Anyway, to try to make it up to us the managers were offering all kids of things which we turned down, but the lunch we took them up on. So, we went to RFC at DtD and we had 2 appetizers. The cheese sticks for DD and myself and the fried calamari for DH. Both were really good. I had the tscan chicken and DH had the potroast. DS had the dino chicken nuggets with corn which he ate almost all of! DD had pasta with butter, of course!!LOL. We got the DVC 10% off and with tip it was about $70. It was all really good food and service but at the time hard to enjoy when we were in a really bad mood from what had happened earlier.

We had a great trip and great food and can't wait till our next trip! For the places we ate we really didn't need ADR's except for the night of MVMCP. Also, I really think the whole kids menu is really being blown out of proportion. FYI, we were told that on the kids menu they can choose any sides that are pictured when chosing one of those combo meals. We felt that yes it was weird that there were the same options for the kids combo meals, but there were ala carte options. We saw some places with hamburgers, regular pizza, pasta, mac n cheese, and more. Our kis did well with the new menus and actually liked the food!

I forgot to mention that we are not breakfast eaters! Most mornings we slept in. We had a 1 bedroom at SSR and I had shipped cereal ahead of time so the kids mostly ate that in the mornings.

Thanks for taking time to post your reviews, I enjoyed them. :tinker:

Sounds like you had a great vacation, thanks for posting.

I can't wait to try Kona in May :cheer2:

Loralie

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Great reviews! We ate at 50's Primetime on Oct 22 and it was pretty quiet then too. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter