Dining Reviews 11/27/06-12/2/06

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
We were not on the dining plan and I usually just do one adr a day.

11/27 - Hollywood and Vine - very busy. I really didnt want to go here after the last time but the ds asked for it so we did. I noticed the cm did not replenish the bowls promptly and at the salad station everything was about empty and bone dry etc. He just looked at all of us in line it seemed. For the main course I just had beef, mashed potatoes and vegetables. Our server was o.k. but had alot of tables to do. For dessert I liked the little cheesecakes. I wanted the pineapple upside down cake, but they switched it out for something else and didnt refill that either. Note to self: try to talk the ds out of this place next time but doubt this will happen as I have to please everyone, hmm, I think its the ice cream machine that has a magical spell over them. :rotfl:

11/28 - Garden Grill for the Candlelight Processional Package. We also ate here for easter and the menu has a few changes. The ds were not offered the mac and cheese or chicken nuggets as before but they liked the adult food. I like the new salad much better than the ceaser salad and I do miss the cheddar potatoes but the mashed are o.k. The food was good as usual. We finished 2 platters, amazing what 2 teen ds will eat. We tried the new dessert. I miss the old offerings of the assorted tray. I knew the ds would not like the dessert so I asked if they could have the make your own cupcake which they loved. Our server was agnes and she was great.

11/29 - Crystal Palace for lunch. Great food as always. I love the mediterrean pasta salad, the crisp rolls, I tried the vegetable beef soup, a little salty but good. The ds were happy with pizza and made their own ham sandwiches. All the food was good as usual. The only problem was our server gave us our bill while we were still eating the main course. Talk about feeling rushed, but we wouldnt let him rush us out, we took our time. He was also not very friendly at all.

11/30 - Counter service at Cosmic Rays. I had the Roast Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and carrots, very good for counter service. Everyone else had burgers and chili dogs. We had the chocolate cake and carrot cake. While they were good I was not expecting a pre packaged dessert, I dont know if that is at all the counter service places. I have had the one at pecos bill before. Later on we went to Mrs. Potts for ice cream. Good and large servings. I asked them to put strawberry instead of hot fudge on my brownie sundae and they did.

12/1 - Late lunch at the Rainforest at Animal Kingdom. We shared the big appetizer platter. The vegetable rolls were good. I had the coconut shrimp platter and I think dh did too. Very good. One ds had a shrimp combo platter and said it was good and the other ds had the burger platter. They had the flashing glass drink which doubles as a souvenier. Service was very prompt.

Dinner just for dh and I was at cape may buffet. I think this was the most disappointing meal of the trip. We have gone here before and I think things are going downhill due to the fact they are trying to stuff so many people into the restraunt. They even are using the side room. This makes a crowded lobby for waiting, impatient people and huge lines at the buffet. Also here the bowls seemed to have to be completely empty, scraping the bottom before they would refill them. The other soup choice was chicken gumbo I think and no one touched it, it looked terrible. The salads were good, potatoe etc. Our server was nice and prompt except when she was busy cleaning all the other tables she had. The desserts were good and I loved the flan with the fresh blueberries and raspberries and the strawberry mousse cake. For the main course I had the beef, which was so overcooked and tough and the green beans which were really, really al dente. Seemed practically raw. I think we might go somewhere else next time.

12/2 - Dh and I had cheese pizza and italian sandwich from mgm. o.k. nothing special. I think it was from catalina eddies.

12/2 - Dinnet at Kona Cafe. Great as usual, but very crowded, the ohana waiting crowd seemed to be spilling around the corner too. I had the Kona chowder for an appetizer, dh and I had the terriyaki steak cooked medium, excellent. one ds had the coconut chicken, had some, very good and one ds just wanted a double cheeseburger and fries. For desserts we had the banana carmel creme brule, very good, cheesecake and chocolate cake. A great meal as usual.

Snacks - Gingerbread shingles at the Grand Floridian - all of us did not care for this. Carmel apple from MGM - good.
Also the ds had burgers from Captain Cooks at the Polynesian. They did not care for the new chips which came with the meal. I tried them, they were o.k. but a little too spicy and salty.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for posting your reviews, I enjoyed them. :tinker:

Thanks for sharing. I do not like buffets as a general rule but found H & V a pleasant surprise when we did the Fantasmic Package. How disappointing to not have food replenished!!!

What was it about the shingles that you didn't enjoy? Sounds like a fun snack.

--penny
:goodvibes

We made the mistake of buying the gingerbread shingles from GF too...they are horrible...this year I made sure to get the regular gingerbread cookies from the the bakeries in the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter