Dining Reviews - 12/10-12/16!

michelle2139

Earning My Ears
Disney Dining Reviews 12/10-12/16

Here are reviews on the restaurants we ate at during our Disney Trip last week! We were on the Dining Plan- family of 4 including husband, son 10, daughter 7 and myself.
We all love trying lots of different food- thankfully no fussy eaters.

Overall thoughts- the dining plan is a great value! It is a lot of food – probably could do with out a snack at c/s and for t/s probably only would need either an appetizer or dessert! We decided to split some of our c/s. I also think it is important to vary T/S for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For us, it was too much to eat a large T/S meal every night. Also as said before, use your snack credits from the start even if it is for water! You can always pay out of pocket end of trip if needed. My daughter did not have much of a problem with the new kids dining plan- her favorites were the restaurants such as Ohana’s where she had the same choices of food we did. The only problem she had was seeing her brother order smoothies and milk shakes when her choices were water, milk or apple juice. Some places did let her order other drink choices and if not we ordered for her.

Ratings based 0-5; sorry we did not take any pictures!
Table Service:

• LTT in Magic Kingdom - dinner 7:30​
We really enjoyed this restaurant our first night in Disney. The food was pretty good- high lights were salad, turkey and mash potatoes. The character interaction was good, lots of pictures. Service good. Enjoyed, but probably would not do again. The kids liked Chef Mickey’s better for a character dinner.
Rating- 4 overall.

• 50’s Prime Time in MGM for a very late lunch 3:55​
This was just ok- really liked the atmosphere which is why we came! The food was ok, not terrible and not great. We were disappointed in our server- the kids were expecting him to “yell” at one of us but he didn’t. Nice guy, but the other waitresses around us seem to be a lot of fun. Would not do again, but glad we tried once.
Rating- 3.5 overall

• Spoodles- Boardwalk - dinner 6:30​
LOVED!!!!
One of our favorite restaurants on the trip! After a day in Epcot we headed over to the boardwalk. Cool atmosphere, great service- our waiter make excellent recommendations!

Appetizers- we all tried the 4 cheese flatbread, margherita flatbread and garlic shrimp. All yummy!!! Bread was great too. Once nice thing about all getting appetizers and desserts was the fact that we shared and got to try many different things.

Entrée- My husband and I both had one of the best NY strip steaks I have tasted- awesome! Came with sweet potato fries that were good as well. My son had fettuccini alfredo which was good, but he wished he ordered the steak. My daughter had mac/beef which she enjoyed.

Dessert- so good!! We tried the chocolate-apricot-pistachio cake and crème brulee.
Note-great Sangria as well!! I highly recommend Spoodles and will return next trip!
Rating- 5.0!!! Overall :thumbsup2

• Donald’s Breakfast- AK for breakfast​
This was a last minute reservation. We originally had reservations for Jiko’s at AK which I was really looking forward to, but the kids really needed a break from another t/s dinner. We decided to change plans- go to the breakfast, hit the AK and come home and swim, c/s at hotel and an earlier night to bed! This plan worked at well. Maybe next time we will get to Jiko’s.
As far as the breakfast we had reservations for 10:10. The food was pretty good for a buffet and the characters were great. Service good as well. It was not very crowed this late which was nice.
Rating- 4.0 overall

• Ohana’s- Poly Dinner 7:15​
We loved the restaurant! Food was very good as was the atmosphere. Some of our high lights were wontons w/ peanut sauce, salad/dressing, shrimp, grilled pork, potatoes and of course banana bread pudding!! Ok- just about everything we loved! Also had a great drink – can’t remember what it was called!
We will return!
Rating- 5.0 overall :thumbsup2

•
Le Cellier- Epcot Dinner w/ Candlelight Procession - 5:30​
I had high expectations for this meal and it did not disappoint- LOVED!!
We had the best waitress/service! Really liked the atmosphere too!

Appetizers- cheddar cheese soup w/ pretzel breadsticks for 3 of us and the asian shrimp cocktail for my son- everything was great!

Entrée- 2 of us had the mushroom fillet & risotto .. AWESOME!!! My husband tried the prime rib and enjoyed it, daughter had the kid’s steak which she said was pretty good.

Dessert- shared brulee, chocolate mousse and s’mores- all great!

Good Canadian wine and beer as well!
A must do for our return trip!
Rating- 5.0 overall! :thumbsup2

Counter Service- I will just high light a few:
• Pepper Market- great selection, good food. Enjoyed the Mexican!​
• Wolfgang Puck Express DTD- LOVED. Great 4 cheese
pizza, barbeque chicken quesadillas and salads.​
•
Columbia Harbor House- MK- enjoyed. Good Tuna sandwich!​
• Tangierine Café Morocca-shawarma chicken and lamb platter, very good.​

Overall definitely got our $$ worth and had many great meals!!! Any questions ask away!
Thanks for all the great information on this board!

Thanks for the great reviews. It sounds like you had a great trip!

Thanks for sharing! We liked the Pepper Market, too. My DH enjoyed the ribeye from the grill station. The Mexican food was good, although I had a problem with the preparation. I requested no guacamole, because I'm allergic to avocado. The server made a note of that and passed the order to the next person. I was halfway through the platter of fajitas when I uncovered a pile of guacamole under the lettuce. Our server made sure I was okay (I hadn't eaten any of the guacamole, so I was fine), then had another plate made up for me.

Completely agree about Wolfgang Puck Express at Marketplace. We had a tomato-basil pasta and spicy chicken pizza, and they were both great (as was the creme brulee)! :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Those were some great reviews! Thanks for sharing .. i cant wait to try some of those restaurants. :teeth:

great reviews.....O'Hanas is such a nice unique experience isnt' it! We are having a pseudo Grand Celebration there with about 19 other people when we go down in june..can't wait!!!

Thanks for posting your reviews, I enjoyed reading them. :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter