Dining Reviews Dec7-13- updated 1/13

forr2grls

Mouseketeer
Hi all! This is my first time posting a dining review,so please bare with me!
The cast:
me-Paula-domestic engineer(hehe)
DH-Bob-grill cook
DD 1-Sara-2nd grader
DD 2-Ashlie-2nd grader

*note-we were on the DDP,only reviewing table service meals

Here is our dining experience:

Rainforest Cafe-DTD-Thurs 5pm
Bob and I had the 1/2 rack of ribs.His were great! FAll off the bone juicy,plenty of meat.I was disapointed,mine were dry and there was very little meat.The high-lite of my meal was the coleslaw-always good there.Sara had the penne pasta with alfredo sauce.She loved it-one of her favorites at home.A good alternative to mac n cheese. Ashlie had the mac n cheese-no complaints!Service was a bit slow.
Rating-C

1900 Park Fare-Fri Our ADR was for 4:30 got sat at 4:50
First off,our server,Lisa from NC was great! a real sweety!Interior was nice.Had a nice open feel to the place. Ok,on to the food!
Childrens buffet selection is very limited!Of course they had food off the adult section.Adult selections were great! So much to choose from.
Bob had some prime rib,said it was really good.Can't remember what else he had. I tried many things,but there are some that stand out from the rest. The strawberry soup is divine!So creamy and smooth.It was delicious!!Mussels in I believe a garlic broth-very yummy and tender! Portabello mushroom ravioli with a pesto cream sauce-the BEST ravioli I have ever had.The sauce was just right,not to rich but still creamy!Ravioli was tender and easy to cut with a fork.mmmmm:) Girls had pizza and chicken legs,also some peel and eat shrimp(what a pain!!)and some mussels.They didn't complain!
Since returning home I have made the strawberry soup!Oh the memories of Dis!!!
Rating-A+

Sci-Fi-Saturday adr for 11:05am sat at 11:15
This was our first time here.Wonderful place!Kids really enjoyed sitting in the "car" and watching the movie clips.Our car hop,Mike was great!
Bob started out with onion rings,he said they were pretty good.Girls had tomoto soup,didnt eat. And I started with the spinach and artichoke dip made with swiss,mozarella and asiago cheeses. The best spin dip I have had.So much better than the "boil-in-a-bag" chain restaurant type. Oh the cheesey goodness:love: !
Entrees-Bob had a burger,juicy and tasty.I had the smoked turkey sandwich with swiss,arugula,tomatoes with mustard mayo on multi-grain bread.The "fillers" were good,but the bread was very dry. Girls each had a burger,Sara didnt eat hers.Ashlie said hers was yummy.
For dessert Bob had a sundae-good,girls also had sundaes in the mickey shaped platter.Vanilla ice cream,hot fudge and mickey shaped spinles.Fun and good. I had the chocolate tart-chocolate mousse,fudge and chocolate ganache.mmmm heavenly!

Rating B+

Hope you have enjoyed my first installment.Stay tuned for Le Cellier,Boatwrights,Whispering Canyon,Crystal Palace,Marrakesh and Kona Cafe!

Paula

For dessert Bob had a sundae-good,girls also had sundaes in the mickey shaped platter.Vanilla ice cream,hot fudge and mickey shaped spinles.Fun and good. I had the chocolate tart-chocolate mousse,fudge and chocolate ganache.mmmm heavenly!

Thanks for sharing your reviews! I'm looking forward to the rest!

I never thought about this until now: When kids get the sundae in the Mickey-shaped platter, does the ice cream come out with the rest of the meal? It wouldn't seem to make sense, but neither would an empty compartment on the platter. How do they do this?

Thank you all for your responses! Sorry it has taken so long to post the rest of my reviews.
PoohFan97-the sundaes come out after the meal.No need to worry about melting ice cream and sticky lil hands!

Ok,so on with my reviews!

Le Cellier-Saturday-adr for 4:40,checked in at 4:15 sat at 4:30-just dh and I:)
This was our second time here!Our favorite restaurant!!I have waited 4 years for those delicious breadsticks!!
Our server,Heather C. was the best server we had the whole trip!She was very informative,kind and funny!
Bob started with the crab and salmon timbale-smoked salmon layered with canadian rock crab and marscapone cheese with a citrus syrup.He loved it! Of course I had to give it a try!We agreed it was a wonderful dish,a bit rich and filling.But would definately order again!! I started with the PEI mussels chowder style with bacon and potatoes!It was sooooo yummy! I wanted to eat it all,but knew i had more food coming :sad1: This is a must if you like mussels!They were so tender *sigh,i should have asked for the recipe. For an entree Bob had the 7oz filet with bbq sauce,medium doneness.It was cooked perfectly!The cream cheese mashed potatoes were out of this world,but very rich. I had the mushroom filet,medium well.Steak was a bit salty,not sure if it was the rub or the herb butter.It was very tender and cooked to perfection!The risotto was just ok-kind of soupy.The fried parsnips on top of the steak were quite good to my surprise! We only ate about half of our steaks.I was determined to have dessert,Bob not so much.We ordered the creme brulee sampler-vanilla/maple. When Heather brought it out she told us to try the vanilla first because if we tried the maple the flavor might linger and over-power the vanilla.We took her advice(yes,we,dh caved!lol)I have to say the vanilla was very yummy,but the maple was my fave! Creamy,smooth,just the right amount of maple..mmmmm... We got the canadian club cake to go and yes it made its way back to resort without being touched,well,execpt for a little frosting!!

Rating-even with the salty steak I still give this place an A!We will go back!!

Paula

Boatwrights-sunday adr 5:30 check in 5,sat 5:05

This was our first time here for dinner.Server was average.Small menu. Bob started with french onion soup-average.I had crab cakes,tiny and not much flavor.The girls had chicken noodle soup-Ashlie liked it,Sara did not.
Bob had herb roasted chicken,said it was dry,didn't eat much of it.I had Grilled salmon on tossed arugula with tomatoes and bacon and some sort of "dressing".The dressing did not compliment the salmon.It was not cooked all the way thru either.Sara had mac n cheese-good,and Ashlie had chicken fingers-yum! Girls had the mickey sundaes again_they weren't to thrilled with that! Bob and I took cheesecake and carrot cake to go.Did not end up eating it.
We were very disapointed with this place.I think we will stick to breakfast only here!

Rating-D

Paula

DH got the Crab and Salmon Timbale at Le Cellier and he loved it too. What a great dish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter