Dining Reviews from 12/30-1/6 LONG! I go into detail..

uncgsweetz16

Powered by Disney
Hi Everyone! DH and I had a magical time in Disney! New Years Eve fireworks at Magic Kingdom were breath taking! The best was the weather though! I couldn't get over that heat wave that came through!

This was the first trip DH and I had ever been to WDW that we used the dining plan. I know I have read mixed reviews on this but we thought it was SUPERB! No complaints here!! We never felt our service suffered and felt good knowing that each server got 18% gratuity! We did give extra a few times to a few of them who were outstanding!

I will list where we ate...this review is LONG so if these restaurant don't interest you I wouldn't bother, it might take awhile! popcorn::

Spoodles, The Earl, Chef Mickeys, Mama Melrose, Boma, CRT, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, Olivia's, Columbia Harbor House, and Pizzafari!!

We arrived around 3PM on the first day. We checked in and decided to try Spoodles out which is on the BoardWalk. This was FANTASTIC! For starters DH got the calamari and I got the four cheese flatbread. I don't eat calamari but DH said it was good and my flatbread was awesome! DH got the NY Strip for dinner and I got the salmon, both were amazing. This restaurant is Mediterrean themed and we really enjoyed it. It was neat to sit near the kitchen and watch everything happen! For dessert we both had the make your own sundae! We will definitley be going back here!!

On New Years Eve we ate at the Columbia Harbor house for lunch. We always feelt his is one of the best counter service places in the MK. I like there tuna and DH gets the chicken fingers. We are always pleased with the food here. For dinner we went to the Crystal Palace. We thought the buffet was just okay but in a good way. I wouldn't necessarily go back but in no way did this compare to the Cape May Buffet that we had last time which is the best buffet for dinner we have seen yet! The Pooh characters were cute but I just thought this was your average buffet. Nothing special in our opinion.

On Monday we ate at Le Cellier for lunch. This is a favorite of ours. There pretzel bread as always was fantastic and the service is always terrific! I got a ceasar salad for an appetizer (substituted this from the entree salads and they were happy to accomodate!) and DH got the mussels. We both had the open face sirlion sandwich. I thought it was good but there was alot of grissle on the steak for me. I ate as much as I could because it was good but I have always been sensitive to fat like that on meat. I was eyeing the Angus Chuck Burger and I am sure that was awesome. We didn't get dessert since we were so full from the bread!

For dinner we ate at Coral Reef. We had ressies at 7 and we had to wait until 7:30. It was a late reservation so we weren't too happy that we had to additionally wait. Our waitress was a little forgettful and someone we weren't too crazy about. We didn't sit near the window but the view was very neat. I was surprised that the restaurant wasn't bigger actually! For appetizers DH got the lobster soup (very good!!) and I got the ceasar salad which was great. For our entree we both had the Mahi Mahi which was FANTASTIC! Probably my favorite meal of all the entire trip. We both were very pleased!! For desser DH got the Cheesecake which he liked and I got the Upside Down Pineapple Cake. I only had a few bites (I was full!!) but it was very good! Although our meal was good DH said he probably would not return because he just wasn't WOWed by it if that makes sense.

The next day for dinner we ate at Mama Melrose. Our waiter was just OK and actually charged us 4 dining credits which we had to figure out later at the front desk but we sat near the kitchen so it was cool being around all of that action. DH started with the calamari and I had the Oven Baked Caprino Cheese. I liked it but wasn't crazy about it. I would probably try the bruschetta if we went back. For our entrees I got the Chicken Parmesean which I thought was bland and DH got the Spaghetti Fra Diovolo with all of the seafood. He liked his entree very much. I thought the atmosphere here was very neat and although I wasn't crazy about my meal I would like to go back because I feel I just ordered the wrong thing. I hear there salmon is one of there famous entrees but since I had had that the first night I wasn't sure I wanted it again, I should have though! I got the spumoni for dessert which was good!

At Animal Kingdom we ate at the Pizzafari for lunch which I thought was good (the lines were INSANE) and for dinner Boma's. The food at Boma's looked really good but we weren't crazy about the spices at all. I liked there asian salad which was simply salad with some kind of vinagrette and the asian noodles. We would not go back here. It was just OK but did not appeal to us. :-(

We had breakfast ressies at CRT. We were the only table there as 2 adults but that didn't bother us a bit! The food was great! I always thought you had a menu to order off before but they instantly brought us a plate of food with bacon, eggs, some blueberry cinnamon eclair type thing and potatoes. Very good!! It was very expensive but I liked that we got the large picture and 4 smaller ones. We had amazing seats and the service was acceptional.

We did eat at the Earl a few times for lunch and once for dinner. My all time favorite is the Tuna Melt but I did try the bbq chicken/pineapple sandwich once. It was OK but nothing can beat that tuna melt. DH got the Montagu (sp?!?) which is ham/turkey and a special sauce. It is amazing! There cupcakes are very good as well and taste very fresh. We also ordered the Asian Chicken salad which was very good...it has a ginger sauce which is terrific! We are avid fans of the Earl and I could not say enough things about this amazing place!

We went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We had been before about 5 years ago and loved it but our last trip we ate dinner there which was a big disappointment. It was OK and we enjoyed it but again I wasn't WOWed by it. DH took a few bagels back with us so we could eat for breakfast the new day before the race-GOOD THINKING!!

We ran the half marathon we were there so the night before the race we ate at Olivia's which is the restaurant on property at OKW. We both just ordered spaghetti but we loved this restaurant! Our server was amazing and even brought me a tiny thing of peanut butter to put on my bagels the next morning before the run. DH got a vanilla shake and I had a few sips of the strawberry smoothie) hey we were on the dining plan and they were included!! Both I thought were just OK, nothing special. For Appetizers I got the cesar salad which was HUGE and very good and DH chicken noodle soup which he liked. The bread here is awesome and the butter is like the sweet butter at Hoop De Doo...YUM! For dessert I had 2 bites of the key lime tart which was good and DH got the apple pie. We both only had a bite or so but we both were very pleased!!

We ate at Artist's Palette at Saratoga Springs. We got massages done after the marathon and we both really liked it. I got a veggie flatbread and DH got the roast beef/mushroom panini! YUM!!

And thats that! I hope I was of some help to some of you!! Thanks for reading and have a magical day!!! :-)

P.S I was able to get a Dole Whip and it counted as a snack. I wasn't sure if they made a mistake by doing this but I was estatic about it!!!

:goofy: :stitch: :dumbo:

Glad you had a great time! I didnt know that taking food to-go from a buffet was encouraged. Mayeb things have changed since my last trip to WDW:confused:

I dont think that the 2 bagels hurt anyone. But I wonder how small the effects of everyone who does something *a little* wrong are. I am not claiming that I have never or would never cheated, but I sometimes wonder how many of us use the excuse of *it was just a tiny little thing~ no big deal... right?*:guilty:

Great Review!!!

I was searching for reviews on Spoodles and was happy to find your thread!!:thumbsup2 I was trying to decide between Boma or Spoodles, and you did them both!:wizard:

I hope it doesnt turn into a debate about the bagels. :confused3

I hope to run the race someday, Congratulations:banana:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter