Dining Reviews Part V - Yakitori House, Cape May Cafe, Snacks

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Cast of Characters:
Me33 - like to try new things, but know exactly what I don't want
DH34 - meat and potatoes type guy, but willing to be a little adventurous
DS11 - has food radar constantly on, pretty adventurous, eats pretty much anything
DD10 - the picky one who really came out of her shell and tried some new stuff this time. But still does not really eat "outside the box" if you get my drift

We tried the Dining Plan for the first time this trip. As both kids are considered adults by Disney, we were curious as to how they would do with appetizer, entree and dessert.

Dec 14 - Lunch at Yakitori House
DD and DS had lunch in the room. We saw them off to Test Track then DH and I headed to Yakitori House in Japan because he's been wanting to try it.

I ordered the Shogun Combination which is teriyaki chicken and sukiyaki beef with rice. Yum. But I love this type of stuff. I also had an iced tea and ginger cake for dessert. The ginger cake was so-so. Not going out of my way to try that again.

DH had the Tonusama(sp) Combination which was exactly like mine, except he also had some sort of shrimp vegie tempura thing with it. He seemed to like it okay. He got a Diet Coke and the ginger cake, too.

If we weren't on the dining plan, this would have cost $21.29.

DH also grabbed a Pretzel near the American pavilion and some Rice Cream, his favorite snack in WDW, from Norway. I don't have receipts, but I'm guessing $8 or less.

Dec 14 - Dinner at Cape May Cafe
We always eat here for dinner. Good food and an easy walk from our room at BCV. I'm not big on the mussels so that that shell your own seafood thing, I can't comment on, but there were a lot of people eating that stuff. I personally loved the beef tips in the mushroom sauce, the sauteed brocollini and the broasted chicken. They also have fantastic cornbread here. I LOVE cornbread.

If we hadn't been on the dining plan, we would have paid $129.13.

Part VI coming up...

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I haven't tried the fast food in Japan - with 10 days worth of credits coming up next month I think we will. I just love Cape May too! Thanks for the reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter