Dining room table size?

adubbtee

adubtee
Hello, does anyone know what the typical large table size is in the main dining rooms? I did a search on the thread and it looks like the larger tables seat 8, but I wanted to check. We're two rooms totally seven people, and I was wondering if we would get a table to ourselves. TIA!

Most likely yes. They have pushed tables together to make them larger for a larger party, but a) it really hampers conversation among everyone, b) leads to a rowdy kids' end where no one is supervising, and/or c) makes it harder for the other tables in that section because the uberlarge table takes up so much attention. I think traditionally an 8-top is the largest.

if it makes you feel better, call them (or have your TA call) and make sure that your reservations are linked and request a private table.

Call Disney and “link” your reservation. This way you will be at the same table.
You can also request to not have others at your table but with a party of 8 I don’t think that would happen.

We have had a table for 10 when we cruised as a 10 person group split across 4 rooms. We had all of our rooms linked and Disney took care of the rest. Since there are only so many large tables anyway, you can bet that Disney is not going to add 3 people to your family party of 7. They would be so much the odd people out it wouldn't be fun for them at all. I've done a 6 top share as a party of 3 and an 8 top share with a party of 2. Both of those situations, the other parties were a party of 3 and 3 parties of 2 respectively. It makes sense since everyone is on equal footing. But a 7 vs. 3? Neh not going to happen. Enjoy your big party cruise!

We have been on one and will be on another cruise in March with 11 total family members. Just link your reservations and book your reservation early and DCL will seat you all together at one long table. First or second seating is another matter. We are on standby for main seating during the March cruise...fingers crossed!!

You should be able to all sit together. On one cruise we went with my sister's family and we had a table accommodate 9 of us.

Hello, does anyone know what the typical large table size is in the main dining rooms? I did a search on the thread and it looks like the larger tables seat 8, but I wanted to check. We're two rooms totally seven people, and I was wondering if we would get a table to ourselves. TIA!
Each serving team serves a 4 top, a 6 top and an 8 top. If your party is larger, they will put tables together to seat you (be sure you've linked all the reservations). In at least one dining room (Royal Court/Palace) there's one really big table in the middle of the room:
table center fantasy 2017 P1120696 1500.jpg

We've cruised twice as a family of five and both times were matched with a family of three at table for eight. There were lots of tables for eight on the Dream. That's probably what they will go with for you, but you might have a solo cruiser added to your table to fill it out.

We've cruised twice as a family of five and both times were matched with a family of three at table for eight. There were lots of tables for eight on the Dream. That's probably what they will go with for you, but you might have a solo cruiser added to your table to fill it out.
While we (party of 3) were once seated at an 8 to with a party of 5, I've yet to see DCL put a single with a party of 7. That would really be an "odd man out" scenario. Typically DCL will put singles together, or with couples at a larger table. When we were linked with another couple ( so, 4 of us) we were seated with 2 singles at a 6 top.

If your reservations are linked, you will certainly sit together and almost certainly have the table to yourselves. No one knows what DCL will do for your cruise, of course, but many can speak from experience. Since the largest table is typically 8 seats, your party is good to go, and in our years of cruising we've never observed a single cruiser being assigned the last seat at a large table where everyone else was together.

My family just got off of the cruise as a family of 7, also split into 2 rooms, and we were the only ones seated at our table. We were on the Dream and they just sat us at an 8-top at all 3 restaurants.

We travelled with a large group on a reposition cruise and had ‘the captains table’ which sat the 12 of us

If you are traveling as a couple, will they generally accommodate a request to sit alone at a 4-top (assuming there is room)?

If you are traveling as a couple, will they generally accommodate a request to sit alone at a 4-top (assuming there is room)?
Yes, if there is room. We have been at 4-top tables as a party of two on our last 4 cruises: EBPC on the Wonder, 5-night/5-night b2b on the Magic, and EBTA on the Magic. Cruise prior to those, we were at a 6-top for a western Caribbean on the Fantasy.

So are there no 5-top tables?

We are possibly take a cruise with my mother-in-law; usually we cruise as a family of 4 and request a single table.

So are there no 5-top tables?

We are possibly take a cruise with my mother-in-law; usually we cruise as a family of 4 and request a single table.
No. In the dining rooms, each serving team serves a 4 top, a 6 top, and an 8 top. If necessary, tables may be pushed together to create larger seating arrangements.

Last edited:

Based on responses on here previously I would’ve assumed that was the case, but we requested to sit alone as a couple on our Dream Cruise last month- this was not granted. The weird thing was that there were tons of empty tables, & our waiter had told us repeatedly the cruise census was low. I’m sure we could’ve asked to be moved somewhere alone, but I didn’t want to be rude after being surprised & taken to a table with other guests. It ended up working out fine as we made friends with one of the couples.

Based on responses on here previously I would’ve assumed that was the case, but we requested to sit alone as a couple on our Dream Cruise last month- this was not granted. The weird thing was that there were tons of empty tables, & our waiter had told us repeatedly the cruise census was low. I’m sure we could’ve asked to be moved somewhere alone, but I didn’t want to be rude after being surprised & taken to a table with other guests. It ended up working out fine as we made friends with one of the couples.

You asked to be seated alone, but were seated at a 6- or 8-top, with two or three additional couples? Yikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter