Dinner at Disney Springs after day at AK- how to get there.

Jjlandc

Earning My Ears
We're scheduled to go to AK next Tuesday, Jan 5. We have a reservation in Disney Springs at 7:15-Raglan Road. We're staying at Pop. We will want to maximize the day at AK and not leave too early- they close at 6 as it is. What would be the best way to get from AK to Disney Springs?

If you are staying in the park "until closing at 6" you probably won't be at the exit until 6:15-6:30ish. With your dinner at 7:15 you will probably need the Uber or Lyft to make it in time.

Disney suggests having 90 minutes to get fro m point "a" to "b". You want to catch a bus to Corandp Springs, get off at Congress stl stop. Walk to Disney Springs - 5 minute walk, well lit sidewalk and safe.

Disney suggests having 90 minutes to get fro m point "a" to "b". You want to catch a bus to Corandp Springs, get off at Congress stl stop. Walk to Disney Springs - 5 minute walk, well lit sidewalk and safe.
THIS IS WRONG! DO NOT DO THIS!

Correct instructions, if you want to do this, are:
Take bus to Saratoga Springs, and get off at Congress Park stop.

That's kind of the wrong direction. Better off taking a bus back to any other resort, then hopping on a DS bus.
Heading to AKL really isn't an awful idea. Sure, it's not in the same true direction, but you spend about 5 mins on the bus getting there, then a direct bus to DS. So very doable.
I would head to SSR and then either walk to DS or take the boat. Get off at Congress Park to walk, Springs to take the boat.
Or, bus to AKL, then bus to DS.
Now...here's an interesting idea....as you walk up to the bus stops at DAK, see what resort buses are just coming in that you can get to. Then, hop on that bus, and then take the bus to DS from the resort.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I think we’ll see which resort bus looks least busy and try to hop on one and then hop on a DS bus from there. Ideally SSR then walk but we’ll see what we can get!

I was going to ask something similar- Epcot to Disney Springs, at end of the day.
There is no direct disney springs bus? Best to go to Saratoga and walk to the boats? boats are running?

Related to that, if I stay at DS right until 10pm, there should still be a bus to my resort?

I was going to ask something similar- Epcot to Disney Springs, at end of the day.
There is no direct disney springs bus? Best to go to Saratoga and walk to the boats? boats are running?

Related to that, if I stay at DS right until 10pm, there should still be a bus to my resort?
There are no buses from parks to Disney Springs right now.
Yes, they will make sure you get back to your resort at the end of the night. People have late dining reservations; they are well aware.

I would go out the International Gateway and get a DS bus at Beach Club.

Boat is not running at SSR.

There are busses to all Disney Resorts from DS.

Boat is not running at SSR.

There are busses to all Disney Resorts from DS.

BINGO. I would do this too!

Having stayed at SSR I've taken that path a few times, which brings you out on the far side of Marketplace. I've just checked and from the suggested bus stop in SSR to Raglan Road it's half a mile walk, whereas from DS bus station it's 0.2 miles, so it all depends on how much walking you are able to do after a day in the parks.

I agree with the other posters about giving yourself plenty of time. I've always found the bus timings a lottery; sometimes waiting ages for every bus I need, and other days the stars align and every bus I need is waiting for me!

I like that idea.

We are actually staying at boardwalk... and only once did I make the mistake of taking the bus from boardwalk to disney springs. -never- again. lol

I like that idea.

We are actually staying at boardwalk... and only once did I make the mistake of taking the bus from boardwalk to disney springs. -never- again. lol

I stayed at BWV in November, bus came when we got to the stop. No other stops - went straight to DS.

I stayed at BWV in November, bus came when we got to the stop. No other stops - went straight to DS.

I wonder if you were lucky, or I was unlucky.
When we were at Boardwalk, over a year ago, buses to DS were infrequent. When they came, it would then go to Dolphin, Swan, Yacht club, and beach club. We could have walked to DS much quicker (is that walk even possible?).

But I don't go to DS enough to know if the bus improves later in the day? DS is usually a "travel day" activity for us. Last time there we did the TRex Ice Cavern. I'm glad that is cross off the bucket list, because I will never do that again! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter