Dinner at Tony's Before Spectro and Wishes

henrylovespooh

DIS Veteran
We have a PS at Tony's at 5:30 p.m. on a night when Spectro is at 7 and Wishes is at 8 p.m. We'd like to be along Main Street to see both. Do you think our PS is too late - if we come out of the restaurant at 6:30 p.m. will we be able to find a spot to sit/stand? We'll have strollers for the kids.

Is there patio seating at Tony's that we could ask for - and then just try to hang out there after we eat?

There is o:wizard: utside seating for Tony's which would be great for the parade but you will want to move to see Wishes.....you won't be able to see anything from Tony's. Have Fun!

I would like to know where everyone goes to see the parade and fireworks at MK? Is there a really good or neat spot to stay? I thought I had read that Tony's was a good place because you could sit outside? Is there a food place to sit and eat and watch Wishes?:confused3

Our very favorite place to watch the parade and fireworks is the balcony at the train station. You must get there about 45 minutes to an hour early though. We usually pick up counter service food (burgers, hot dogs, etc.) and sit on the balcony and watch.

We have a PS at Tony's at 5:30 p.m. on a night when Spectro is at 7 and Wishes is at 8 p.m.

Is there patio seating at Tony's that we could ask for - and then just try to hang out there after we eat?

You might consider making the PS at 6-6:15. Show up at 5:45 and tell them you want to wait for a table outside. You will have a most excellent view and they will shoo non-customers away. They even try to keep the customers inside from coming outside. Once the parade had started I didn't notice that they asked any "finished" customers to move on.

Walking out at 6:30 with strollers could be a risky bet, depending on the crowd level. And yes, the view from the patio for Wishes would be limited.

I would like to know where everyone goes to see the parade and fireworks at MK? Is there a really good or neat spot to stay? I thought I had read that Tony's was a good place because you could sit outside? Is there a food place to sit and eat and watch Wishes?:confused3

Hi,

I think Tony's is fun for the parade IF you can get an outside table, it works out because you are raised above the sidewalk. You can't see Wishes at all from Tony's.......

I am confused as to the parades and fireworks display at MK?? I thought there was one parade late afternoon, and the fireworks in the evening? I cant seem to find the info on the WDW website, what does go on and does anyone know the times?? we will be there in May and I can only find the time of the parks opening and closing.:confused3

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/parkhours/index?id=MKCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage
Go to this link and it will give you the park hours and parade times. The nighttime parade is Spectromagic and I never miss it when I go. The daytime parade is Disney Dreams Come True.

I like to sit in front of the castle for Wishes. They shine lights and shapes on the castle throughout the fireworks show. Plus, you can see Tink if she flies right before the fireworks start. She doesn't always fly, but I like to be there just in case!

Mochagirl2-
There are two parades...the afternoon parade around 3 (check the times guide on they day you're there) and then on select nights they have Spectromagic parade. This is the light up parade. It follows the same route as the daytime parade but is completely different. Spectro is my favorite Disney activity. I make a point to sit curbside twice during each stay. This usually means staking out a seat very early, but it's worth it to me! Wishes is after the parade, over the castle. From many places you can view the parade and stay put for wishes. Tony's restaurant has no view of the castle, so the OP would need to move after dining to see the fireworks. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter