Dinner in boardwalk area

Rory607

DIS Veteran
Where would you eat dinner (table service) on a non-park day if you were staying at Yacht Club? We will be checking in probably late afternoon and want to hit the parks running the next day, so somewhere not too far from the hotel. We’ll have kids and adults. The adults like pretty much everything and one kid is somewhat picky.

Look at the menus. Be sure to download the Swan/Dolphin app so that you can look at the menus at those restaurants. Remember that some restaurants take reservations through Open Table rather than through the Disney app. And if you don't want to make a reservation because you are concerned that your flight might arrive late, the Fountain at the Dolphin is a table service restaurant which doesn't take reservations.

Staying at Yacht Club? No question, elevator downstairs and trot selves over to Yachtsman.

It's just too good to trek anywhere else when you're probably tired from traveling. That is one major gotta-do every trip for us.

Only one more place you might go--the ice cream walkup window at Beaches & Cream if you're not waddling after Yachtsman.

Beach Club has Cape May cafe, which is a buffet. It's a lot of seafood type stuff (not nearly as much as it used to be), but of course has a large variety to pick from, which will make it easy for your pickier eaters.

I agree with the Yachtsman, we love them, but I wouldn't go to the parks after. Cuz roll me back to my room 🤣 .

We also enjoy Ale and Compass, but their menu is smaller than it used to be.

I also second Beaches and Cream. It's a simple soda shop menu, with burgers, grilled cheese, etc. and of course, plenty of great ice cream.

Some of these are closed lunch/late afternoons, so I'd check for your preferred time before committing.

Several good options.
Agree with Flying Fish, also BlueZoo and Il Mulino, Shulas.
Really depends what type of food you want.

I would go to Ale & Compass - good food, casual atmosphere and it's right in your hotel so you don't have to walk far to get dinner. The second closest locations would be Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream, which I'm not fond of, but if you are ok with burgers, fries, etc., B&C is fine -the sundaes are spectacular. For, IMHO, the best food in the Boardwalk area, you could head over the the Swan/Dolphin resorts - bluezoo is our favorite there (in the Dolphin, right next to YC). Il Mulino is also very good (in the Swan).

Depends what you are looking for.

Me? A burger and beer while sitting on the Boardwalk can't be beat!

So an outdoor table at Big River Grille is just right for us!

1663537570406.png

1663537683339.png

We haven't had our Yacht Club stay yet, but I have an ADR booked at Ale & Compass for the evening of our arrival day. I figure it will be convenient to not leave the hotel, but we didn't want something quite as fancy at The Yachtsman.

If you want to start the fun early, Beaches and Cream! Food is standard diner stuff, tasty but nothing to write home about. The kids' eyes when they brought out our kitchen sink made the meal.

JNN82XPl.jpg

Longtime BW/BC guest. Hard pass on Cape May (just the smell alone). Tried FF in April, good waiter but got ‘pass off’ and barely saw him again. VERY pricey (I know). Have had great luck at Yachtsman (need ADR). Also, except for last trip, have had great luck at BluZoo. Better food; Il Mulinos has been good as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter