Dinner Info

rrnkp

Earning My Ears
Hi, :wave2:

Once again I am trying to figure out how this whole breakfast/dinner thing works. We are trying to make a plan and get reservations booked for our june trip- and my husband and I would like to know...

1. Is breakfast considered one of your sit down meals?

2. Can you use counter service as a breakfast meal?

3. We are staying at the Movie All Stars Hotel and was wondering if they have continental breakfast at the hotels on property?

4. What time does the park(s) open?

and if anyone has a number where I can reach someone- without a recording so I can speak with someone concerning any questions I might have between now and the time we leave for our 1st Disney trip- would be greatly appreciated.

Any and All info is so appreciated. :thanks:

(1) Breakfast is considered a sit-down (TS) meal if you choose a restaurant which serves it that way. If you purchase it in the hotel food courts it's a CS meal.

(2) Yes, in fact most of the breakfast places are CS. Keep in mind that unless you are planning to share meals to stretch credits (which is what my family did), then breakfast isn't the best way to spend your credits. It's best to use the TS and CS credits on lunch and dinner because they are more expensive meals. Just keep in mind that the meals are HUGE at most places and sharing meals is not discouraged or frowned upon by Disney. Just ask for an extra plate and you can save credits. Each saved credit equates to a "free" breakfast.

(3) None of the Disney hotels have free continental breakfasts because they want to you spend your money! The breakfasts at the All-Star hotels are about $5.50 each at the food courts. This is why you're better off saving DDP credits for the more expensive meals unless you do the meal-sharing thing I explained above. If you purchase a refillable mug for $11.99 then you can get free refills on your drinks for your entire visit and you won't have to worry about that. If you are ever using the DDP at the hotels and also buy a refillable mug, then be sure to get a refrigerated beverage with the credits and save it for when you're at the parks and can't use the refillable mug.

(4) Park hours vary and each day one of the parks has extended hours for Disney hotel guests. If you go to either DisneyWorld.com or MouseSavers.com you can find all the info you need.

rrnkp said:
Hi, :wave2:

Once again I am trying to figure out how this whole breakfast/dinner thing works. We are trying to make a plan and get reservations booked for our june trip- and my husband and I would like to know...

1. Is breakfast considered one of your sit down meals?

2. Can you use counter service as a breakfast meal?

3. We are staying at the Movie All Stars Hotel and was wondering if they have continental breakfast at the hotels on property?

Rrnkp, I assume you are talking about the dining plan (since you posted your question in this forum). If so, you can use your dining credits at any meal of the day, breakfast, lunch or dinner. You will receive on Table Service, Counter Service and Snack credit for each member of your party for every night of your stay. So if it just you and your hubby, you will receive 2TS, CS and 2snack credits for each night of your reservation. You may use these credits any way you wish up until midnight of the day you check out. There is information on the WDW website regarding which restaurants are TS and Which are CS. Remember, that some high-end restaurants (called Signature Restaurants) take 2TS credits per person. The same goes for the WDW dinner shows.

A TS restaurant is one where you sit down and give a waitress your order and she brings you your food. Buffets and Family style restaurants are also considered TS. A CS restaurant is where you go up to the counter, order your food, and bring it back to a table.

So, to answer your questions:

1)If you want it to be, then yes.

2) Yes.

3) No free breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter